3-starring Chronicle Cave with pig allies

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 3-starring Chronicle Cave with pig allies

• So I’m slowly making progress in terms of mastery, going good in Cave 15, and my birds are Level 50. Yet I’m still struggling to 3-star earlier Chronicle Cave levels.
    Specifically, I’m talking about
    – 4-10 (the Ice Shaman that can stun and disable & steal healing, plus the cave stuns too)
    – 8-10 (the Pirate Veteran whose Counter effect cannot be removed)
    – 12-10 (the Voodoo Zombie that can heal himself, plus the cave damages birds and pigs by a high amount)

Paladin, Princess + pig ally (6-8-7) works for 4-10, but the boss isn’t down fast enough to 3-star…
    Can’t find a decent strategy for 8-10 since Counter kills all my birds on Round 2… I guess the Rage Chili would help massively but I just don’t have it.
    On 12-10, if I use the Paladin+Princess strategy the boss’ healing is too high for my birds, plus it’s not just the Paladin that receives damage, it’s all my allies and Princess can only heal one.

I know there’s some information all over the forums but it’s cluttered across the forums making it hard to find information at one central place, plus I can’t find something for every level. I wish I could use the ABN videos for help but they always use Facebook friends and I don’t have FB.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

How good are your birds & sets?

I ended up using Mighty Eagle on a few of the Bosses.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

That’s the birds. I (still) have no complete set, just the weapon part of Banner Breaker (31), Reset (52), Time Jump (47) and Nature’s Blessing (52) as well as the off-hand part of Mana Shell (52) and Sugar Rush (52).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

With mastery 8 birds, you will be challenged. I think you are looking at Wizard 9 with the Reset weapon at the core – it’s your highest-leveled class, and heals itself. I think maybe you experiment, although you are closing on Spies 9 and he might be strong enough w/ Schadenfreude for healing backup. Plus the “free” pig.

Note that I was proportionally later in going after Caves – I had ignored them for quite a while until I decided to make a push for the 1,000 stars.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@smwforever45

– I managed to 3-star Cave 4 Level 10 with Paladin, Lightning Bird and Sea Dog – this group yields the biggest damage output per turn. I don’t think you can 3-star it with a Pig ally.
    – You know the saying that a good defense is the best offense? Well, that’s the case with Cave 8 Level 10. You have to use Mage and use his support ability on all your team members. For the healer, Princess could work. And for the Pig ally, I advise Piggy McCool since his support ability is the only one of all the Pig allies that doesn’t put your team members at risk. Prince Porky’s support ability makes your birds take more damage and Pigiana Jones’ counter can make you do unnecessary attacks which the boss can counter himself. Besides, Piggy McCool’s rage ability can heal, so you can heal 2 times per turn, as in, with Piggy McCool and Princess (or any other Matilda class).
    – As for Cave 12 Level 10, I think it’s meant to be 3-starred with Paladin, Princess and Prince Porky. Paladin’s defense lasts 3 turns, and since the boss attacks every 2 turns, one use of Paladin’s defense would be enough to withstand 2 attacks, that is, if the boss attacks the same team member 2 times in a row. Princess’s roll is obvious, so I’ll go straight to Prince Porky – his rage ability can help you remove the ghost pig from the battle, and if you do it as soon as possible, you’ll get more bonus points.

I don’t know if my tips are suitable for your birds (in terms of attack/health stats), but feel free to try them.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mighty-red-1
    Hey, thanks! Your strategy for 8-10 worked great! I never actually thought of that – I’m mainly an attacking type, the only level so far that I really needed Mage for was Maelstrom. I had to use a Pretty Fruit Cake in the end to heal what the Princess wasn’t able to heal but I ended up with 3 stars on the first try. That was Star #949 for me!

Sucks to hear that 4-10 won’t work with pig allies – I might look into it again later, though. My birds aren’t at maximum mastery yet, after all, and I didn’t unlock Sea Dog yet. Maybe I can do something with the Bard and Sea Dog, or Bard and Wizard, or Bard and Tricksters or something the like.

I tried the exact same strategy for 12-10 before. Ended up with 33,908 points and 2 stars. Of which the early ghost killing gave me 3000 points (I don’t have the rage chili so I did it in round 3 when the chili was full), the boss defeat gave 1000 points because it was after like a million rounds, and my birds gave 29908 points (one wasn’t fully healed). Unless the 3-star threshold happens to be 34,000 points I’d wait for my birds to get better. My Paladin is simply too weak at this point of the game. Mastery rank 6 and no decent weapon. I’d even go so far and say that Red’s the weakest bird in my flock right now. Maybe if I finally got a good set weapon for him that would change. But since two months, I’ve had no luck on the GPM.

@graugeist

I figured you’d say that. Wizard and Spies. :P I like them too – I use them and only them in all other cave levels – but the bosses have special spells and abilities and extremely high health making it more suitable for me to look at better strategies.
    Problem with Schadenfreude is, it only lasts for three turns so once you’re done casting the spell on all your birds, you have to start again so the Blues would never be able to attack unless Chuck was to Rage. It’s not like bosses damage only a single enemy unless you were to use Knight, Rogues or Princess.

I am already pushing towards the 1000 stars. Since I 3-starred every single other level so far I was gonna go back and 3-star what I didn’t 3-star yet and that’s only three (now two, thanks to Mighty Red) boss levels in the Caves. Of course, I still have cave levels ahead of me – but the more levels I 3-star before Cave 17, the less levels I have to finish/3-star in Cave 17 to obtain the AGPM.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Just now 3-starred the second Lawrence boss fight (15-10) on the first try. Elite Knight, Princess and Prince Porky. E. Knight attacked and shielded himself right before Lawrence unleashed his Demoralizing Strike, Princess healed E. Knight, Prince Porky was simply for attacking. Took long but with all birds on full health it’s more than enough points.

Cave 16 is the first cave where the difficulty bar is finally increasing again. One level above “easy-peasy”. XD

EDIT: Closing in on 1000 stars… Cleared 16-1 with 3 stars, now at 967/1026 stars.

loynis
    @loynis

Here is the strategy for 4-10 (basically for almost every boss except pirates type).

Birds: lightning bird (equip him with chrono set if you have one, regadless of level), marksmen blues. Pig: prince porky.
    Potions: lots of chilly pies (50% or 75% ones).

Strategy: you use the rage chili on the blues every turn to keep the boss stunned all the times. Use chili pies to get rage ready (most of the times you need 2 per turn). Use the lightning bird on the blues to get the boss debuffed, porky with multihit will get nice damage output.
    Keep few heal potions on hand to heal up cave damage if needed (4-10 shouldn’t require any IIRC).

Pirate-like bosses are immune to stun, so this naturally doesn’t work with them.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@smwforever45 Just so you and others are aware, Pigiana Jones is a good ally to bring against the Veteran Pirate boss (cave 8-10). The veteran pirate cannot counter an attack if that attack was itself caused by a counterattack. Confused?

For example, if Pigiana Jones casts counter on Paladin, and the Veteran Pirate attacks Paladin. The Paladin will attack back – his counter attack. But the Veteran Pirate will not then counter with his own counter attack. There is no infinite loop of counter attack after counter attack.

So with this cave boss, you can have Paladin cast his protection on both Bard (for example) and Pigiana. And Pigiana cast his counter buff on Paladin. All of the Veteran Pirates attacks will be directed at Paladin, and Paladin will counterattack.

I can’t remember if this was the exact strategy I used for this cave, but it will work. I also can’t remember if it is best to use Bard or Princess.

Also, there are a few of us who have completed all of the caves only using 2 of our own birds plus a Pig ally. It can be done. Some require patience. Some require lots of chilli cakes.

Some combinations that are useful are Paladin, Bard (or Princess) and Pigiana Jones. Spies plus Wizard can be good. I like Tricksters (robot set) plus Rainbird (twin lightning) plus Piggy McCool. And Marksmen plus rainbird with either Prince Porky or Pigiana Jones (counter set on Marksmen works well vs Ninjas. The combinations with blues and yellow bird are great if you load up with chilli cakes.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@loynis
    Sounds alright, only downpoint is I don’t have a complete Chronos set (only the Lv. 47 weapon, missing off-hand) but it’ll work anyway.
    Gotta stack up on Chili Cakes I guess!

Yeah, 4-10 doesn’t damage your birds but it stuns a random ally every 3 turns.

@kerravon

Yeah, I’m aware of that too, but @mighty-red-1 his strategy with Piggy McCool worked too.

Also, I think Princess would work better than Bard, at least with my current levels. Princess is mastery rank 8 while Bard is at 6, plus Princess has much better healing on a single bird. (One of the main reasons to use the Bard would be the high damage output and the chance to stun – but there’s little chances to attack in 8-10.)

How do you know the boss will always attack Red? Firstly, Pigiana Jones has more health than Red on my game (Paladin’s at rank 7), secondly, since the boss is immune to any debuffs you can’t force him to always attack Red.

Yeah, Paladin/Samurai and Princess (and a varying pig ally) work great. For the rest of the cave levels (non-boss) I always go with Wizard and Spies for AoE, no debuffs that pigs could be immune to, and very high damage output, plus Wizard heals himself with the correct set items. (Only cave I used other birds for was Cave 11 because of the Ninjas with Dodge.)

Not sure which strategy I used for the Ninjas but it did involve Rainbird. My second bird might’ve been Rogues but I don’t remember.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

THANK YOU @loynis! :D
    Your strategy for 4-10 worked great! Didn’t even have to bother with chili cakes and healing potions as much as I thought, I only used four Greater Pig Cherry Juices and two Hot Chili Cakes… that was it! 18000 points for the boss and 27994 points for the allies (Marksmen weren’t at full health at the end), easy-peasy 3 stars.
    That was Star #974 for me! (I cleared 16-2 and 16-3 beforehand)

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@smwforever45

If Paladin casts Devotion on the other birds, then all attacks directed at them will go to Paladin. It doesn’t matter that the Pirate Veteran is immune to buffs. The buff is applied to the birds, not the Pirate Veteran.

I usually stick with Bard in the caves. She does good damage and with Paladin there is enough healing. I find Princesses ability to be annoying. But sometimes she is necessary.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kerravon
    Oh yeah, you’re right, sorry.

My Bard’s and Paladin’s healing is minor. Red’s my worst bird in terms of attack (and only barely my best in health – Bomb is almost as strong), and as I said, my Bard has the currently lowest mastery of all my birds. Wizard and Spies are my strongest at mastery 9.

I do like Princess but I only use her for boss fights. Her ability can force all enemies on a single bird you could make tanky, or give that bird the Counter ability for example. Also her secondary effects does decent healing AND removes harmful effects and especially the latter is good.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I love Bard. 160% dammage and its only cost 95LC’s. I already have Bard, just saying that. It doesn’t have good healing, but I always bring in Palladin, or use Chilli Cakes(75% ones) to fill up rage chilli and then heal with Matilda.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

At 992 stars right now. Three more levels to go! :D

@abcdefg

I like the Bard too, don’t get me wrong! Her damage output is amazing and she can stun. However, for boss fights I just find Princess a tad bit better.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Just cleared Cave 16’s boss with 3 stars. Wizard, Spies and Piggy McCool did it, although I had to use quite a few chili cakes and pig cherry juices to get the full score.
    The counter shows 995 stars – two levels to go for the AGPM!!!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Just now managed to finish Cave 12’s boss level with 3 stars. I used Samurai, Priestess and Prince Porky to great success. I shielded when needed, otherwise just kept attacking – I didn’t need to worry about healing since it happened automatically. Two rage chilis at the beginning to get rid of Ghostie, and one Pretty Fruit Cake at the end to heal all allies to full health – that was it. 36,800 points and 3 stars.

I have 1023 stars now. I’m only left with Cave 17’s boss, couldn’t find a strategy to even clear the level yet. With a mix of AoE damage, the debuff for half healing on my allies, and the ability to highly damage a single ally, I’m just not sure what to pick. I wonder if Wizard, Tricksters and Piggy McCool (9-8-7) would be decent. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Nope. Wizard was blown away on the second turn. :( I need something else.

loynis
    @loynis

Try non stop chilly with marksmen

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@loynis
    I can try that, however I will have to save up on more snoutlings for all these chili cakes XD
    How many do you think I’ll need? 40-50? It’ll probably be handy to include a healer (Rainbird or Druid?) as well as Prince Porky. Or would McCool be better?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 There is only one potion that I use (only on bosses) and that is MEFD. Rather than going through all the trouble, I brute force my way through and it has helped me always. However I never use it anywhere else and I don’t use any other potion period :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah but the challenge of the game is to find a strategy that actually works. Plus it makes you much prouder than giving Mighty Eagle a snack. :P

The next free giveaway of MEFD is the 24th right? If I didn’t figure out something by then I’ll use it on that last remaining level. This good?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Well whether you want to use your MEFD or not is upto you but I only use it in boss levels because I don’t have the patience to kill a 70K HP enemy.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I am not at all ashamed to have used Eagle for the Cave Bosses – what else would you save them for?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    I don’t know. The Mother of Golden Pigs maybe?

Anonymous

@smwforever45 The Mother of Golden Pigs is so easy though :/. Paladin, Wizard and Druid/Princess with Nightmare will absolutely wreck her.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

The Mother of Golden Pigs is easy too. You can use the strategy that @partshade suggested, but I do not have FB so I used Piggy,Palladin with Protecters Aura, and Druid/Bard with Nightmare. Even at level 33, and less than 500 power in the Arena(no matter what combo) it can still work.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 3-starring Chronicle Cave with pig allies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.