The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2032
  • 159667 Comments
  • Yup, the same one @Kelani. I see you're her only friend for now. I'm like @fenikus, waiting for a few weeks to see if that person is really a flinger or just lurking to find a way to spam us.

@Kelani, in regards to BR-6, you mentioned hitting the "metal nub" and wondered if you're talking about the square block sitting on the middle wood plank? I've hit that same block numerous times and can't even get close to a good collapse. Or is it the end of the wood plank that gets the one-birder? Helllllllppp meeee, pleeez.

• Hah! @sweetppagechanger...It's been a long time since I've done that!

@rat9 I've been flinging until my finger has got a cramp in it now. The one-birder is not happening for me. Well I take that back, it did only once out of about 200 tries but the points were so pathetic, it made me scream! Where are you inflating OB? I've been targeting the small gap between the square stone block and the wooden crate above the pile of round stones, then inflating before entering the gap. The stone block with the marmoset clinging to it flies to the right, but usually disintegrates before it can do any damage. It must be made out of stale crackers to be worth anything. Aargh!
  • Good Morning everyone:)
    have a fantabulous flinging day! !♧♧♧♧♧
  • Sorry your finger hurts @SweetP, but there's nothing I can say to help you. You're shooting at the right spot. Oh...wait...are you leaning to the right to help the bird do more damage. It's the same principle golfers use to help the ball curve into the hole as it gets close. I've seen it done on TV by most of the pro's, so it must work. @Mumsie could probably give you some tips on how to do it correctly.
  • What? No movement out of the great and powerful @FENIKUS last night??? Looks like I have some time on my hands. I'm going to head over to Space and give you a chance to catch up. A few flingers have gotten too big for their britches while I've been gone. I'll be watching in case you make your move.
  • @Rat9 Tried leaning to the right. Didn't work. Maybe 'cause I'm a lefty. I also tried:

-clenching my toes/fists/arms/teeth/abs/butt
    -screaming "Come on, you #$%&*^!"
    -pounding unforgiving Oak table. and my favorite:
    -shaking ipad violently in hopes the gyroscopes will make AB comply.
  • Try all the above at once while glaring at the screen @Kelani. Ha ha
  • @Kelani When something is trying to fall, but hesitating, I've been known to blow on the screen.
  • @Rat9 All of the above would make me explode or wet myself. :)

Thanks for reminding me! I've also blown on screen, put finger on screen and wiggled it back & forth to shake the level, and zoomed in and out really fast. My ipad is very happy it's safely in the Otterbox case. Some of the stuff I've done to it could get a guy put in jail.
  • Wow. That came out very wrong.
  • @Kelani Still not chipper. My neck feels like it's balanced on a razor blade. No flinging for me again today.
    BFNIMCBLBIDI Are you familiar with BIDI? (But I Doubt It)
  • @Rat9 Well, I am now. :) Go take care of that neck, man. Ice, heat, @sweetp 's rapidly-vanishing special pills, hell, even chloroform. Whatever works. Hope ya feel better. :/

btw, @fenikus ' absence isn't surprising. If I was around all those Brasilian women, I'd vanish unpredictably too. :)
  • heyeveryone! !
    aww Pa sorry to hear your inn pain Again/still :(
    hope you feel better soon♡♡
    @Kelani Noooo I didn't sneak into @Sweetp pills lol I Swear it Happpened!
    and TODay I had a didisappearing bird inn the same level! !
    which leads to@Sweetp WHy are you asking for help in level 6? I followed YOUR strat. .hmmm maybe i will try those pillss..hee hee
    and who are we all friending?
    @Kelani as to george and george 2 maybe @mvnla2 could explain that once
    Hi @annifrid I always seem to be missing you lately. .
  • hi @TienShenLong :) long time nooo see!! how are you?
  • @Kelani I've had that happen in Star Wars a lot. I don't play Rio much, but I guess it's the same there :)

Hi @Kathy ... and bye @Kathy, I need to go to sleep now :)
  • night @annifrid sweet dreams♡♡
  • @Kathy @Kelani -- I didn't go from MVNLA to MVNLA2 in a single day; it took several months and a stray cosmic ray that hit my account and kept me from logging on. If you were to be so bored as to look back at the very early posts in ABN, you might see traces of me as one of those notorious "deleted users." One the other hand, all traces may have been swept away.
    But as for George and George2 -- I would suspect that George had a similar problem, like couldn't remember his password, so created a new account.
  • @mvnla2 Yes that's what i meant..I know yours didn't Happen immediately but i forgot the reason for the change. .I suspected it was something like that, and i know you've told me before that's why i figured you would be better at explaining a possible reason for the Georges;) and you did thank you. I meant no offense and lol I remember then you were mvnla and i always got your letters mixed up. .back then you gave me an acronym to remember lol.. I think and I kinda remember it was right around when i first started posting and it confused me I didn't really know you then but think thats somehow how I first posted to you. .:/
  • Thanks for th e welcome, @kathy . You always so kind.

Some activities keept me busy recently so got my fee time drastically shortened.

But im back. With a revenge. lol

An a mission too.
  • @Kathy -- Didn't even consider taking offense, sorry if it sounded that way. I had forgotten that you might have even known me as mvnla, before the 2, but I just checked, and you probably did! The explanation for the letters is in my profile, but in case anyone else has problems, it is MV (me) N (in) LA (Los Angeles) 2 (for reasons explained above).
    @TienShenLong -- Do you have another mission? Other than the letter to new members, I mean? Why a revenge? Maybe lost in translation?
  • I hate language barriers @TienShenLong.
    Did you mean, "with a vengeance" or "out for revenge"?
    Come to think of it. Both mean your gunning for someone. Play nice now. lol
  • lol Pa I was about to ask @TienShenLong the same
    and noo @mvnla2 I didn't think you took offense Its just one of those instances where i thought i said it wrong and you thought that i thought that you. ..lol never mind.. but ya I do remember you when; ) you actually i think are the first one who helped me find my way around.
    agree Pa sometimes language barriers and just plain old texting without voice facial expression can get confused so easily.
    Soooo @TienShenLong which is it hee hee ?
  • @Kathy -- Fall of 2011 -- ancient history, and to think that the BP started in April 2012!
  • Can I ask for the TBP's members to spread the word about this?

A Nest's improvement-related one, that requires volunteers from the ABN members ranks, that are capable of translate into any other language(s) at native-level, and also wants to prove themselves and to others how strong is their commitment with the Nest. Have to translate a small text into other language if listed on the "Pending" list and only once.

This is for provide the best we can, a "off-the-record", unsanctionated, and most probably, no-return-like "RESPONSE" that, if sucess, will be for the best of the Nest and the "common-good" off all Nesters.

Volunteers who wants to "report for duty" should post their @name , nest's rank and list the language(s) they already are sufficent-on /"native-lvl" via PM to @mvnla2 or @tienshenlong or by posting that on

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/what-all-newbies-need-to-know-on-goingopen-draft/

Please include @mvnla2 @tienshenlong on that post.

Please, spread this ASAP. And sorry for ask this with no-previous notice or details.

THANKS

(contact mentioned members for further details)
  • ikr @mvnla2 seems like soo long ago. .I was scared to comment for about a month or so after started lol.. then even more afraid to use the leaderboards .I thought they were only for high scores heehee.
  • Nothing like some humor to add more flavor, isn't it?
  • no problem @TienShenLong this is a good a place as any to put forth idea helpful to the nest; )
  • I can barely type English never mind translate my own typing. . so although id love to volunteer i wouldn't be much help.
  • All volunteers that offer themselves only by heart and no reasonable ideas, are most needed and also the most-wanted for "be the heart" because they already have that heart. That is something you cannot get with your MasterCard... lol
  • Theme appart:

I believe the forum mentions and updates will be showed on my uncaged profle's screen... as resulting from the unification of all "inbox" on the Nest.

Im wrong or miss something?

I' see nothing from TBP activities, posts, etc at all , except via manual accesing the TBP .

That is the expected way?
  • JUST FOR FUN

My personal and recent experiences on the Daily Challenge, could be grouped, resumed and described this way:

"(Almost) There and back again.
    A flinger's tale
    by TooLong BadEnds"

... YET!
    :)
  • lol @TienShenLong aka toolongtotypethatswhyisavedit '

idk why you dont get @ mention here I get all notifications here because i have the gold star clicked on the top right..I believe this works in All Forums not sure though
  • @mvnla2 noooo. that was one of many examples. George signs up. 1 minute later, George2 signs up. Not really much time to forget a password. Hold that thought. I'll go back and look for the real names. It's weird. when I saw MVNLA the first thing that came to mind "Well that must be a MV in LA." Handy mnemonic there.

@Kathy I think @sweetp was asking about BR-6 because I confused her with my 'shooting at that blankety-blanking metal nub' comment. You're right tho, *everyone* uses her strategy. :)

@TienShenLong I think you have the same question I asked 2 weeks ago. @mentions made here in TBP only go to your personal email address. They do not appear in the Notifications area of your profile, like @mentions made everywhere else on the site.
  • Ohh @Kelani i must have missed your comment onthat blankety-blanking metal nub'
    thingie but o.k I get it:/
    what about the 'who Could we not resist friending thing? I did search for reference but must have missed that as well. .
    all i know is STOP sending me your Weather! ! it's windy and cold here And (shh it's gonna rain)
    I've finally moved up to level 7 where are you guys all at? or am I really late to the race and you've finished? OB I'll take a PigKiller please:)
  • OH AND I just camein from smoking..took of my robe and I swear I saw a spider scurry quickly under the chair in the corner of my bedroom..I looked for him (not that it would have done any good had I saw himunless I had quick aim) but Nope didn't see him, however I Did see a penny soo I'm laying here Trying to convince myself that i saw the penny (that i didn't have in my pocket) rolling under the chair and it Wasnt actually a spider (while all the while scanning the walls and ceiling with wandering eyes While trying to fling) Soooo I'll Be slepping Well..:(
  • Just How Old is Stephen Tyler? He looks rough..
  • well OB looks like everyone has gone. . I'll have one more for the road.. and going flinging for a few. . I'll be back with the flashlight. .Yess yes.. I'm sticking to ttradition she will come back Somesday aww you miss her too dontcha ya big lug.mheehee.. see ya
  • @mvnla2 I can't find all the others, except these two clusters:

1. All Members-Newly registered, page 3. Same guy signed up 3x, one after another.: Vincent34, Vincent45 and Vince56. Vincent34 has a...lovely (sarcasm) photo of an african child soldier holding an AK-47.

2. Page 5-why I asked if signups every 5 min. were normal here. Registered within the same hour: blot, Amen, Steicy, rgfrgf, iyaz. If that's normal, then nevermind :)
  • @Kathy I couldn't resist friending the random person who joined ABN and immediately sent friend requests to me and @SweetP and who knows who else. Her name on profile is jennifer-barron. So, I accepted friend request from a likely spammer 'cos i'm a sucker for cute girl names. :)

Aw Kathy, it's breaks my heart seeing you waiting so patiently for your buddy.
  • @Kelani thanks for the friend request explanation. .ya is normal lol I usually let them sit until i see the person posting or making some effort other than friending every members. ., I don't have the heart to hit reject :(
    and no worries about me buddy/Pahtnah. . she's with me in me heart♡♡♡
  • I killed the spider for you @Ma. So get a good nights sleep.
    As far as what level am I on, I finished. I'm just waiting to see if @fenikus wants to play.
  • Since @fenikus does want to play with me, when I get to feeling better, I'm going to Cosmic Crystals and answer the question you posed a few weeks back @Burpie.
  • Ahh, @Kelani. I remember that Everly Bros. song! Sheesh, I'm aging myself again...
    Yeah, I usually catch those spammers and reject their comments so that they don't show up in the Nest. Hmm...strange that you're the only one on her list.

@Kathy I was asking for help with BR-6 because @rat9 and @kelani seem to have found a way to get super high scores, and I want to break the 140K with a one-birder! Heee
    I'm missing our buddy, too...
  • @Kelani, I finally found that metal nub you've been talking about! I had to zoom in to see it, otherwise I'd think you were talking about the stone block above it. Ok, back to flinging and the three P's!! Aarrrggghhhh!
Post in the New Forum!