The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2030
  • 159657 Comments
  • @alder613 Welcome, sorry if you have been in already and I didn't recognize you. The bartender Orange Bird will give you your drink on the house, just visit page 1 and select a drink. As for your question I think your comment is 101448th comment
  • Welcome @fenikus didn't see you there!
  • @mvnla2 Spammer was my first guess too, although one can always hope it's some random lonely cute girl. Any idea about that flagged score friend request? That was a bit spooky.

I have had espetinhos and brigadeiro many times. Also lots and lots of black beans & rice.

• @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Please remind us how to check the Spy Files. I do have Reasons on my iPad, but I don't think that's what you mean.
    @Alder613 -- If you refresh the page immediately before or immediately after you post, the current number of posts is at the top left of the page, e.g. 101453.
    @E-Star -- I don't think "furniture of the pub" is the idiomatic translation. : D
    @Kelani -- My guess for the flagged score is that the admins questioned the score, causing the person to return and check what was going on. Any chance you were originally in first or second on that level? Be careful, your paranoia is showing.
  • Just got the blue error box. Haven't seen it for a while. It normally only follows @Kathy.
  • OK, the Spy Files is at
    http://thespyfilescomics.weebly.com/
    And is moving to the Reasons app, but only on iPhone???
    @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Are you sure that's a good idea? When is it moving? My iPhone is older than 4s.
  • It's a good thing the stock market went up today. OB just showed me my bill. I'm glad you took us up on stopping back by @fenikus. But you didn't have to wait until you had beaten me in Blossom River first. I can see now if I want to get back into first place, I'm going to need to distract you. *Look, a star*

Hi @Estar. The Dutch have taken over the BP and Angry Birds. What's next??? I hope your world slows down a bit soon. We miss the furniture.

You're too good @kelani. Everybody wants to be your friend. I, on the other hand, don't have that problem. My wife tells me it's because my internal filter is broken.

Hello there @AngryBirdSpace(Cartoonist). You need to put a funny kitten video in your strip so that it will go viral.

Welcome to Blossom River @Kathy. I see you've already beat me as well. I don't get any respect. Wtg MA.
  • @Rat9 Kathy too? Well, you'll always be ahead of me. I only get 2-3 hours ipad time a day. Can't exactly rule Rio on that. Maybe that PC update will come out before 2016 or something.

Bah. I haven't seen a single malfunction of your filter. People here like you despite the fact you routinely put us all to shame. Only a pretty cool guy could pull that off.
  • @mvlna2 the movement is for financial and legal purposes. First, in its position on the website it was fully open to copycats, pirates and other such- no copyright protection. The second it enters the app it becomes copyrighted by Apple.

Also, I can now charge for people to read books 2 and 3.
  • @mvlna2 Also, Reasons Comics HD will be out in May, specifically for iPad. Reasons Comics Free and Reasons Comics 2014 (a $0.99 purchase) will hit Windows 8 around the same time.
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Why do you think there is more copyright protection on the App Store than on your website? You can copyright anything you publish on your website. Does Apple promise to prosecute any copyright infringement, no matter how small the monetary value, of app content on it's App Store?
  • I know we can get more backup from apple in any legal situation than we would before that. Other than that... I'm no lawyer, I have only a basic understanding of it all.

The biggest problem on the site was that people could take the files right off of the site. A few people actually did. That's a major problem, and putting it in the app helps to reduce that.
  • @Rat9 Did you use the video strategy for BR-13? The two user-added ones there aren't remotely intelligible.
  • aahhh I missed some stuff my dinger went on the Fritz!!
    sorry i missed you @fenikus @e-star @alder613 not sure what comment# why do you ask?
  • oohh crap I missed a whole page:/ I'll be back
  • I'm lost. . gotta get a showa maybe I'll catch up later or not sowwwyy. tough day i shoulda wentto work. .
    BBFNIMCBLIDKBPW
  • @TienShenLong -- Hi! I think it's been a while since you've been in the BP.
    @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Just sent you a PM, but ... I think there are ways you can set up a website so people can't copy stuff, except maybe by a screenshot. Maybe @E-Star can tell you.
    They can also copy stuff using a screenshot from your app.
    Interesting that people took files off your site. What did they do with them? It sounds like these were people you know? Maybe your school should have a special assembly on intellectual property and copyright infringement?
    Copyright infringement is certainly very common these days. Everyone knows about illegal copying of songs and films, but what about using copyrighted characters / cartoons on your website or in your e-mail? No one thinks twice about it.
  • @Kelani What Me too? and who s a spammer?
    hi @TienShenLong
    @mvnla2 arggh the error box found you; /
  • @Kelani. On BR-13 I went over the top into the right area pushing enough debris to the left to destroy the left structure. One birder.
  • Btw @Kelani, thanks for the kind words. My wife doesn't agree with you. She thinks I was born sans filter. But thanks just the same.
  • @Kathy rat said you beat him too in Rio.
    Potential spammer was someone who joined today and first action was sending me friend request. :)

@Rat9 so.. you inflated bird on top of that green-roofed outhouse-looking thing or down inside the right structure? I can't see how you got enough push to collapse both structures.

You're welcome man. Wife may also be correct. You've been married almost as long as I've been alive. I don't think it's humanly possible to retain a filter at that point :)
  • I'm a bit late, but oh well...
    Welcome to the BP @bernersenn! Glad to see you made it here and getting to know everyone that's here! See, I told you there are quite a lot of Dutchies, so you're in fine company. To get your avatar to show everywhere in the Nest, take a look at the instructions on how to use Gravatar: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/how-do-you-create-an-avatar-at-the-nest/

Welcome @fenikus, good to see you're enjoying yourself as well.

@Alder613, your comment is #101449. You can see how many comments are on each page at the very top of the thread.

@Kelani, I got the same friend request but haven't responded yet. I'm keeping my antennae tuned in for any mischief for now. LOL

@rat9, I haven't been back to BR since working on the Challenge, but thanks for the breadcrumbs on 13. I'll have to go revisit now and see if I can get that lucky one-birder, too!
  • Oops, almost forgot...

whiinnnneeeeeeeee! wwwhhhiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee!!
    Having to redo ABO is killing me! wwwwhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Speaking of Challenge...I've got work to do!

Have a great day to everyone on the other side of the pond, and a good evening to those on this side of the pond!

• Hi @Kelani. I played BR-13 ten times to find the sweet spot for you. Got two one birders. BTW, thanks. I improved my score by a whopping 30 points. Anyway, you shoot just over the Southern en suite privy. Shoot the high arc approach as opposed to the low arc shot. There isn't much difference in the approach angles. Their almost identical. But one works while the other will just frustrate you. Activate about the time the rectangular concrete block has fallen above OB. Before OB gets to the platform floor. This will push about three wooden, and maybe the concrete, blocks to the left. Then watch as everything falls down.
    You mentioned you only have two to three hours of I-pad time a day unlike me. How long do you think I fling? It's not two hours a day, I can say that with certainty. In the last week, I might have flung a total of two hours, but I haven't felt well. On episode release days I might put in 4 or 5 hours, but that's the exception, not the rule. I have been known to spend more than two hours defending a top score on a Space challenge. But that's because I just hate to lose in Space. And there you have it, my FLINGING schedule. lol
    P.S. If you want to, you can use this as well @SweetP. But don't tell @fenikus or @Kathy. They're trying to beat me in Blossom River. ha ha ha ha
  • @kelani,
    Thanks about the tip to use Gravatar. Saves a lot of headache as you said. @EStar, of course, always nice to meet you
  • Yaay, @bernersenn you got your avatar working!

@rat9...shhhh...mum's the word! Heehee.

I'm really, really going to bed now, so see you all later! Nighty-night.
  • Goodmorning birdies, again as the wind I rush in and out again, I have a physical terrorist appt in a few. But ermmm yeah @mvnla2 I figured as much, but I still like the thought of people being here so often and have become so familiar that they have to be there for it to make the room... Without them the BP would be empty. Awww and @rat as a lingerie cabinet... Buttt erm what is a lingerie cabinet doing in a pub?? @kelani ya don't want to be everyones favorite lamp where one would sit by and read? Hmmm strange LOL

Ow and @bernersenn goedemorgen and hooray your face is showing in the BP. Just wanted to add, if you remove the picture in your profile here at ABN, the Gravatar will show up there as well, makes it easier when one changes, one only needs to change Gravatar and it will show up in both places.

Okay got to run, be back later!
  • I noticed no one answered your question yesterday @fenikus. I'll try, but I'm not the expert. So there's probably a better way. You wanted to know how to respond to an @mention name if all that is displayed in the BP is their nickname. I would recommend going to their profile page before answering. Their @mention name is displayed there plus you get the added benefit of knowing a little bit about the individual.

Oh yeah, before I forget, drinks for everyone OB. Since I took back first place in Blossom River, @fenikus is paying the tab today. Are you sure you want to have this competition @fenikus? It could get expensive before the dust settles. lol
  • Ahhh yes @rat you would like that now would ya, but @kelani thinks otherwise, I am sorry *ghe ghe* but yeah I do remember that cabinet, but that is not an icebox right?
  • Where's @Ma? She's always here.
  • Sure it is @Estar. I should know. I removed it from my family's old country store and refurbished it myself.
  • ow thats right, I totally forgot that gorgeous cabinet was an icebox... we don't have those here, so an icebox to me is a big square block to put ice in it... probably metal... but again, that's only the image I have of something I don't know about.
  • They were used before we had electricity. This icebox is 6'3" tall by 6' wide by 3'6" deep @Estar. But you're going to argue that I'm 6'5". It's not tall enough to be me. You're forgetting that I put wheels on the bottom that raised it's height by two inches. Perfect match. Made of solid oak. The mirrored door in the middle holds the blocks of ice behind it.
    Thanks for the help with the question. I knew there was a better answer out there.
  • yeah I see now @rat (btw do you get the notifications from the BP... like now?? If so the @mention name is indeed as displayed here in the old section) Nope never could have imagined that... I must have skipped the ice part when you mentioned the cabinet in the background the last time. I thought it was just a beautiful cabinet. :)
  • must dash again, hope to have some time later tonight to play :)
  • @Rat What's going on in Rio? I thought you were destroying the competition in Seasons.
  • Hi @Estar...

... bye Estar
  • I'm just havin' a little fun with @fenikus. How you doin' @Burpie?
  • @fenikus -- Just to confirm and maybe or maybe not? clarify what @E-Star said:
    * In the old forum, e.g., the BP, the @mention needs to use the name as displayed in the old forum. However, the old forum can't deal with names that have special characters or blanks, so @E-Star never gets notifications from the old forum.
    * On the rest of the site, the @mention name uses the @name as displayed (sometimes in parentheses). These names are not always the same, so for example Rat is @Rat here and @Rat9 on the rest of the site, a difference I frequently forget.
  • Dang @Rat, I thought I built a big enough lead last night to earn at least a day off but you're proving to be a persistent little marmoset (pun intended)…well, here's hoping the stock market goes up again today…

p.s. Thanks to you and @E-Star for answering my @mention question.
  • "just having a little fun with @fenikus", @Rat? Okay now you really managed to "demoralize" me -- IT IS ON! (Patrons of the bar rejoice, there'll be plenty free drinks in the coming days).
  • *installs a tripwire and cushy beanbag at the door for the next time @estar does her hi-bye thing. :)

ah @fenikus be careful getting into a contest w/Rat. This time next week, you might not even remember what a stock market is :)
  • @sweetp You also got a friend request from @jennifer-barron aka Susy? Well, whoever she is, she has good taste! :P

Kinda cute name, too. I have a thing for double consonants.
Post in the New Forum!