The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2034
  • 159738 Comments
  • You're doing great in BR @Ma. You've beat me twice out of the eight levels you've finished. WTG
    Not to shabby for you as well @Kelani. Fourteenth place. Are you gunning for @fenikus or me? Speaking of @Fenikus, he's conspicuously absent.
  • thanks Pa:) I do like this episode!
  • @Rat - Yeah, what she said. t'was supposed to be a compliment. Surely you're not cracking under the stress of competition?! :)

@Kathy Unless I misread it, the #1 score was only a few hundred points higher.
  • yep @Kelani I guess your right it isn't that much high er it was late I was tired:/
    uhmn and Ya Pa it was meant as a compliment cuz at least you left crumbs where the top flinger didn't and I've never heard of him/her I just didn't want someone stealing your trophy!
  • @Kelani, @Kathy Shoot! I've lost so many trophies, I lost count a long long time ago. Thanks for the backdoor compliment.
  • I guess I should have put a smiley face or lol after "let em have it?" I was funning back.
  • o.k maybe I'm doing something wrong:( the first shot i got down. .underwater hit tnt 18k
    the second yb into wooden plank that the front marmoset is sitting on on top of the thick horizontal stone? I've y only got 96k and that was hard to get!
  • Good evening Nestie friends! I just wanted to pop and look around to see if @gelfling (aka Not Dead Yet) who I met in a forum thread popped in for his free drink... OB can you set up the open our best white wine for @gelfling

Ow and if I am not around please tell @gelfling Thanks for my English words of the day... double entendre
    But don't let him in the wine cellar OB, I think he (assume he is an he, sorry if I am wrong!) wants to do some target practicing with Han Solo :/

Hey @Kathy @Rat and @Kelani always a pleasure seeing you all!
  • On second thought... I just read @gelflings comment in the forum again, and hmmm white wine... AND doing laundry, okay I will adjust my initial thoughts... and will wait until I know for sure ;)
  • Hi @all So good to see you, hey @kathy, @EStar, @Xmen (they now include @fenikus too, all guys with very special powers haha) :-) Well, I've been oh so tired this week, keep falling asleep in the afternoons, must be my age ("no spring chicken" to quote a certain Southern gentleman who shall be nameless) [oh hi @rat]. Yesterday had app't with eye-doc, afterwards couldn't play with pad or watch TV till eye drops had worn off. Or read. . . Enjoying a great book now - House of Leaves - anyone read it?
    @SweetP How's your arm? Hope you're coping xoxo
    Hope to have more to contribute next week. . . meanwhile here are some birds with a little night-music just for you:

http://youtu.be/LoM4ZZJ2UrM

Nighty-night, sweet dreams nesters xoxo
  • Oh I'm still here, @rat, you will not get rid of me that easy ;) It's spring time and I'm working on my backyard. There seems to be some rodent infestation there. The usual remedies didn't work, so I'm working on a new formula…heh-heh.

Hey @TomPuss, nice video!
  • Btw @Estar, the above is the perfect example of a double entendre. Thought you might need some context to go with your new English words of the day (technically they're French but only have meaning in English, I believe).
  • @Fenikus yeah I might indeed, I didn't read the whole wikipedia page, so I am not sure, but i am always up for examples or more context, so if you are offering :)))

@tompuss sorry to hear you have been tired this week, feel better soon!
  • @fenikus rodent infestation. I love it.

A local grocery store has a case of 2,000 made-in-China mousetraps for sale cheap. Wouldn't that make an awesome care package to send someone? :)
  • Well, that does it. I've made my decision on where to take the next purge of Heyyou's. They're headed to North Carolina. You might want to wait on sending those traps to someone else @Kelani.
  • Oh crap! Funny that @fenikus didn't mention this, but he's pulled significantly ahead in Blossom River. It's going to take me the better part of an hour to catch him. No rest for the weary. See you in a little while my friend.
  • @Kelani, I don't think mouse traps will work here (even 2,000 of them). Upon further research, I discovered my particular rodent is some kind of river rat from one of the southern states. There is an urban myth that World Cup scouts took it on the boat to Rio where it somehow mutated into a particularly sturdy breed. They're said to have particularly big mouth and some even big fat thumbs.

I am having some success with my formula though; active ingredient BR-5 seems to have it scurrying into the wall for now. If this doesn't work, I'm considering a "nuclear option."
  • Oh, hi @rat, didn't see you there…heh-heh
  • I think it's the BR-17 formula that's bothering me the most @fenikus. Did you enjoy seeing my surprise when I looked at the leaderboards? Is that why there was not notification of the bar tab change? Sneaky.
  • Shoot! Ten lousy points. It'll probably take me all night to get ten lousy points @fenikus. Not!!!
  • @fenikus I had a few minutes left over in the hour so I wrote you a poem.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    If you look at the scoreboard
    You'll go Boo hoo hoo

OB, switch that bar tab back to the mighty and powerful @fenikus.
  • Now, now @rat, it's not like that…I had to upload a screenshot of my TOPSCORE in level 5 and leave a comment...
  • Hm, I see…so it's nuclear option then.
  • You're getting too good at this @fenikus. I'm about ready to scamper back to my own domain. I'm running out of levels to improve in BR. I've got everything in the top fourteen except for level five. And it's only 22nd place. I might have to concede soon. But not today!!!!
  • Ooh ooh, crumbs in level five? Me like crumbs.
  • Btw @rat, I went back to level 11 -- I got 128K there really early so haven't played it much. So far, almost repeated my highscore save for 30 points (I hate when that happens…even worse, when you tie your own highscore). I see you bomb the very left tip of the raft…did I misunderstand that? No luck at all with that shot.
  • @fenikus Ah, yes, the infamous Southern River Rat (Rattus Redneckus). Exterminators here recommend lots of TNT. Tying your own score is like a big slap in the face.

@Rat Why thank you. I don't plan to stay in 14th. Not going after anyone in particular, but it's a safe bet I'll catch up to whoever's lower first :P Hopefully a Space update will come out, then I'll have lots of catch-up time waiting on the PC version.
  • Crap. Just spent 4 hours getting 3* on BR - PC version. Restarted Rio and all progress gone :( Glad all my good scores were on ipad.

Double crap. It's not saving my progress at all. If I complete a level and restart, it's gone.
  • That sucks @Kelani…scores from all levels gone or only some. In High Dive there was a bug where if level crashes on you, sometimes highscore is reset to zero.
  • That reminds me @Kelani. I'm due a backup. I'd hate to lose to @fenikus over a computer malfunction. I could never recover.

@fenikus You are correct. I shot at the left tip of the raft.
  • Ok @rat, I'm back in the lead with 370 points. I could have made it 3,700 but I like toying with you ;)
  • Apropos, wouldn't it be nice if ABN notified us when your top EPISODE score was beaten as well…like it does when your level score has been crushed.
  • @rat on level 11, I bomb just to the right side of the big crate. Judging by our basically equal scores, it does not seem to matter much. I do think 130K+ is possible on this level. The most I got with 4 birds was 113K.
  • @fenikus. Oh no your not. You haven't checked the score board, have you?
  • @fenikus Fortunately just Blossom River, everything except the gold anchor bonus level, which is stored in another file, so it makes me think the update made a few data files read-only. Should be an easy fix, but I have to replay it all over again.

I was terrified of that high dive bug, but managed to avoid it.

@Rat I hear ya. When I saw that, I was scared the rest of the game got wiped. Then I remembered my batch file that auto-backs up scores and throws 'em on gmail drive every 8 hours. Whew :)
  • I was up by 370 last I entered my improved score. Now you're 290 up. Hmmm…sneaky.
  • I hate to leave this battle of epic proportions @fenikus. But She Who Does Not Fling, has said I have to stop playing with my new toy for the night.
  • Ok @rat, I'll leave a nice present for you to go with your breakfast in the morning :=> Good night.
  • Hello, just a quick look around for now. How's everyone doing tonight?

OB, I'd like a large mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows please. It's cold and rainy tonight, so getting ready to curl up on the sofa to do some flinging.

Hi @TomPuss. Darn, I missed you! My arm's fine...but there wasn't anything wrong with it. Thanks anyway, always good to see you pop in!

Nice flinging @Kathy in BR! Now I have to catch up to you!

Something strange is going on with my phone since I updated it! It keeps on freezing, and I have to take out the battery to restart it. Grrr.....
  • Hi @SweetP, doing well here -- how are you? Same dreary weather here in the Northeast and we don't even need it!
  • @SweetP -- Wow! You're actually having rain? Yippee! Hubby said we had some rain last night, but I didn't hear it, and there was no sign of it this morning.
    Hope you are doing better. Any verdict on when you might get to play golf? I've got a lot of PT golf suggestions if you need them. PM me if you're interested.
  • thanks @Sweetp ♡ hope your feeling better .. enjoy your cocoa!
    yep as @fenikus says is rainy damp very dreary here today also and We definitely don't need t!!
    @mvnla2 I'll send in the penquins for ya;)
  • Wow, we had tornadoes in NC today. Yay global warming :/
  • I saw that @Kelani !! I assumed they weren't near you or you wouldn't been here;/
    but how awful for the folk that got hit:(
  • Drinks are on me tonight as we celebrate our 2nd Anniversary here at The Bloated Pig!! Happy Anny to @kathy, @E-Star, @sunshine & @angryboy.
    Also, sorry I have been out of touch. My primary account linked to the Nest was hacked and I didn't know it. So, if you have been getting strange emails from me, I humbly apologize.
    Party on!
  • Happpy Anniversary Ripsy! !
    Wahoo its Official
    *pops cork* Cristal on the house; ) *Clink*
  • Happy Anniversary @team !!
  • Were we waiting on me?
  • Naw Ripsy ..I think we all just got busy and i wasn't sure of the exact day soo i didn't want to jump the gun. .
Post in the New Forum!