At long last, Midoki has released their much-anticipated Plunder Pirates v1.3.3 “Free to Pee” update! This release adds two awesome new features, tons of enhancements for existing features and fixes numerous gameplay and troop AI issues. This update is available for iOS now with Android and Windows Phone versions expected in 2015 (I know it seems like that is a long way away, but it’s really not).
Now, without further ado, this update includes:
- New Pirate! The Sky Raider: Like a 17th Century commando, he can parachute in behind enemy lines, and with his Rain of Fire skill, he can reduce enemy defenses to rubble without touching the ground. Just watch out for those tall buildings!
- New Guild Perk! Pirate Catcher. It’s like a mousetrap for pirates! Get your guild to find it, and when it’s active, this perk building will speed up crew recruitment by 15%. More plunder more often is a very good thing.
- Wall Edit Mode: Now you can select, move and upgrade entire wall sections! Arguably the #1 most-requested feature, this is just the first part of base editing mode that will be rolled out over the next few updates.
- Plundercam is Back! Now when viewing a battle replay, you can tap the camera icon and view the replay in 3D. This is by far my favorite feature.
- No more stuck troops! That pesky bug where Juggernauts and other elite troops suddenly stop moving in mid-battle has been fixed! Also, troops will no longer walk through walls, or be thrown through walls by a nearby mortar blast. There are also numerous AI improvements for the troops.
- Observatory is now affordable: The funding cost for this guild perk building has been reduced by a whopping 70%. Now everyone can keep it running 24×7!
- The Battle Points (BP) cost to build a Level 1 and Level 2 Academy has been reduced.
- Available loot is now scaled down when a player attacks someone with a lower level Pirate Hall. This will greatly reduce the incentive for the high level players to beat up on the new guys.
- The pool of players you can be matched against for battles has been greatly increased. Now players who were active in the last 28 days can be matched. (previously this was 7 days)
- Removed Halloween Mode – Players can still use their existing Frankenbrutenstein and Pumpkin Poppers, but once they’re gone, they’re gone forever.
- Dozens of bug fixes! See the Release Notes for full details.
- Get talkin’ in the Plunder Pirates Tips and Tricks forum
- Stay in the know via the Plunder Pirates and Rovio Stars News Channel
- Rovio Stars walkthroughs, including Tiny Thief and Icebreakers (formerly from Rovio Stars)
- Official Plunder Pirates Forum, great resource for strategies and general info about the game
That’s all she wrote! Go download the free Plunder Pirates: Free to Pee update today and let us know what you think!