Windows 10 Problem

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Windows 10 Problem

• A lil’ help?
    I recently (as of today) re-installed my Angry Birds PC game on my Windows 10 PC.
    I think my PC is on a Windows 8 physical/technological base, but as of 2-3 months ago, I upgraded it to Windows 10.
    Whenever I try to open Angry Birds, I get the “?:0: attempt to preform arithmetic” message.
    Is there is temporary/permanent fix for this? Does Rovio need to update their code?
    Thanks for answers!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Hi @fataliscat. Rovio is not likely to update anything. Angry Birds apps for PC were discontinued some time ago.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@fataliscat Try reinstalling the game (backup your progress first) as it may help. If that doesn’t work you can try running it in compatibility mode. Otherwise I don’t think there is a solution as Rovio are no longer updating the PC games :(

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

Okay, thanks for the info. I’ll re-install it, also will try in compatibility mode.
    And by the way, how do I run in compatibility mode?

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

What? Why on Earth would Rovio do this?
    Well, at least there might be Steam compatibility- right?

CamTHC
    @camthc

@fataliscat Unfortunately, only Angry Birds Space is available on Steam. (discontinued)

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

@camthc I heard somewhere Rovio was doing something with Steam, like trying to reach to them or somethin’?

CamTHC
    @camthc

@fataliscat That’s right. Before abandoning PC in November 2014, Rovio actually had planned to release more games from AB series on Steam. At the moment, Rovio Support says that “we have decided to discontinue development on Angry Birds and Bad Piggies PC games”.

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

@camthc That means there is a possibility for release on Steam!
    But has Rovio said anything about Steam of most recent times, like this year?

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@fataliscat @camthc I don’t think ABspace on steam is discontinued as, if I remember correctly, it got the latest update, but I could be wrong. Though even if I’m right I don’t think their going to release more games on steam, but they have talked about maybe releasing for windows 10 on the windows store though it doesn’t seem very likely either.

CamTHC
    @camthc

@fataliscat Here’s what Rovio answered about further support of Steam version of Angry Birds Space (in July, 2015):
    “Unfortunately, the PC version of AB Space won’t receive updates anymore, as we have decided to discontinue development on Angry Birds and Bad Piggies PC games. This has been done to focus on providing a better experience for these games on mobile devices. Digital PC games will no longer be available for purchase or download. Additionally, these games will no longer receive updates.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

@bad-piggies-2
    It haven’t got Solar System update at least.
    Currently, it’s very unlikely that Rovio is going to return to PC.

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

@camthc Mm, I see. But I don’t understand one thing, why did they give up completely on PC to work on mobile? Less work to do?

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@fataliscat There were not enough people who bought the PC versions so it wasn’t worth for them to continue supporting them

SaberKitty
    @fataliscat

@bad-piggies-2 Huh, now I understand. What a shame. I just compared the mobile sales and the PC sales, and saw a dramatic difference. Now I know Rovio has a high change not returning to PC, but what percentage they might? 10%? 20%?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Windows 10 Problem

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.