Will Angry Birds Star Wars 3 be made?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Will Angry Birds Star Wars 3 be made?

• As we all know, Rovio made an agreement with Lucas Arts to create an Star Wars themed Angry Birds game. This is how Angry Birds Star Wars and it’s sequel was made. However, I was alarmed that when Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released, we didn’t get an Angry Birds Star Wars 3. Since Lucas Arts was bought by Disney, did Disney not allow for Angry Birds Star Wars 3 to be made?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Not sure really. They haven’t even added episodes 4 and beyond yet even though the characters for those episodes are in the game. Although considering those episodes are in AVSW1 I’m not even sure if those are going to get added.

I’m not sure ABSW3 would even be possible because there’s only one or two chapters they could add and the next movie isn’t going to come out for a couple years. I don’t think they’re going to wait for that.

After all this I highly doubt ABSW2 is even going to get new content. If that’s the case I just wish Rovio would tell us already so I can uninstall it and get a different AB game.

ABSW2 did get an update the day the movie was released (Dec 18). A bug fix update… I was so happy when I saw that thinking there would be some new stuff but nope. :/

Mp127
    @mp127

Technically, ABSW2 isn’t a option unless they’ll do new sprites for classic characters. (f.e Old Luke, Leia)
    I agree with @partshade that making new game with 2 chapters is worthless. (Stella?)
    And it’s main barrier – Even if Rovio has update ready, they can’t release it now because it will one big spoiler – That mean many players may not play it if they haven’t watch ep. VII yet.

Stick Pig
    @stickpig2

I guess every one of us was too excited when they saw 1.9.0 was released – but then got very unexcited when they saw it was just bug fixes. There was, however, one visible change: the gungan gravity spheres in the reward chapter levels now have a cross that doesn’t actually help at all.

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

I asked Peter Vesterbacka on Twitter about it and he said “we’ll see”

so..I guess we’ll see!

GreenWolf
    @grenwilf123

Also, both absw games have been removed from major app stores.

Anonymous

On ab fandom wiki there is a discussion about absw iii being made

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Will Angry Birds Star Wars 3 be made?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.