why do people cheat?

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum why do people cheat?

• I dont understand why.People mostly get banned by these things…any of you guys feel the same that these people are annoying?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • justpast40
    @justpast40

@red-bird-justin, I’m not sure that Rovio is banning cheaters. Since they changed from Top 500 to Top 2000 earlier this year, I always end up in the Top 2000.

For many many many months, approx 6, when a Monster Pig Event ends, my final official Rank the next day is within a few points of the Rank I viewed just as the Event is ending. If they were removing say 50 or 100 cheaters in the Top 2000, my Rank would have improved by those 50 or 100 spots & it’s not been the case.

At one time, maybe at the start of this year, Rovio included a message when opening the game that said something like cheating or altering the App would not permitted & for a short while, my official Rank the day after a Monster Pig Event ended would be 50, 60, 70 slots higher than a it had been the night before. I attributed this to Rovio removing that number of suspected cheaters. It seemed like a good plan, but they stopped doing it.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

People cheat so they can look good and earn glory in the gaming world the “easy” way, taking the fun out of the full gaming experience for others who actually try to earn stuff- and it’s not just Fight!; AB 2 and AB Transformers have serious cheating problems, and Rovio has yet to fix them

TomT
    @tomt

@red-bird-justin

@justpast40

@rowdypup

Ah cheaters, every game has them. When I first started, it was the crab monster pig event (gosh I miss that monster, I think that crab was, by far, the best-looking monster).

I had a blast. It was such a fun game, getting item drop after fights (yes, you could get items after fights), and I was saving money to buy the best item in the shop (yes, each island had its unique item shop), this was before the stupid GG point system.

But then waiting for refill was too painful, so I started to explore “cheats”.

#1. downloaded apk from the internet, this was a stupid move, because yes, the apk gave me unlimited everything, but it was stupid to not know how easy it was for Rovio to track players with crazy amount of coins and crazy amount of tickets. This was an account ban.

#2. playing around with the timer was kind of fun, and I think Rovio also caught onto this scam. I got banned once, and I got score-reset once.

#3. going offline after fights in arena, this was a well-known bug but Rovio quickly caught up too. I got banned once, and I got score-reset once.

I re-started the game many many times, not because of account banned, but just to test other “theories” of mine. I didn’t cheat to get on the top score board, I guess I just wanted to see “what was available”. I must have restarted the game more than 20 times since the Mermaid Island.

The game becomes boring every time after I obtain all SS items for my birds. There is no point for me to continue, so I just restart the game all over again. It’s much more fun to play at low levels.

They keep giving out piggie lab items in arena, and piggies in monster pig events. I have no use for them, because this game is so item dependent. I can easily win 90% of times with appearance-increase items. So I seldom play in arena and monster event.

So far, what I can’t figure out is that, how do those players, whom I assume are better cheaters, stay at the top….. I’m talking about the ones who always get super crazy scores within the first few hours of events. Maybe they really are such good players, but……… I doubt it.

Remember that Vorland guy? That was quite a controversy. I’m pretty sure Rovio was paying attention to him, but there wasn’t enough evidence to ban that guy. Maybe he’s still around, just under different userID. Maybe he’s one of the top ten players with a crazy event score.

_

justpast40
    @justpast40

For the last 6 or so Monster Pig Events, Roey has had all 3 SP Ship parts. S/he has answered my Help & I’ve seen it several times & I saw a pic on the Fight FB Pro page. How is it even possible?

1. Spend thousands of dollars to keep opening Slot to get those parts.

2. Rovio favors some players over others & awards those parts.

3. S/he has figured a way to hack the game to “award” those items.

4. Luckiest player ever.

What else can it be? What amazes me is Rovio is no longer banning players.

TomT
    @tomt

@justpast40

Hmmm….. they do ban people. I got banned many many times, and I have no regrets, I deserve them. That’s the price I have to pay for exploring bugs and glitches.

Anyways, I think they have two standards. One is to ban people who severely abuse bugs, and one is to reset their scores, both arena and monster events, right before each event ends. There were times when I ended up with 0 point just few minutes before events ended.

I have found many bugs. I came very very close to getting whatever items I desired, but it didn’t work. Items are similar to gems, which are server sided, meaning un-hackable. The server runs a double-check on the number of gems you receive, and the type of item you receive, before you receive them in your inventory.

So, personally, I don’t think items/gems are hack-able. I don’t think Rovio would play favorites with any specific player.

Being super lucky is extremely unlikely, but not impossible.

I would choose “spending a lot of money”.
    I was reading a post in Animation Throwdown forum, and somebody said she has friends who go out spending thousand of dollars on drinking alcohol. She would rather spend that money on buying gems in the game.

_

justpast40
    @justpast40

@tomt, I know they used to remove players for the Final Rankings, because my Rank at the end of the Monster Pig Events would be about 70 spots better than I’d seen when the Event ended, but for about the last 6 or so months my Final Official Rank is a slot or 2 worse than I’d seen when the Event ended. Clearly they aren’t removing people as they once did.

Spending a lot of $$$ is what I too suspect this player may be doing, OMG how much would that take? I understand that post I’m Animation Showdown (never heard of it). I can certainly understand taking $$$ from an entertainment budget for gaming.

TomT
    @tomt

@justpast40

I don’t know what happened for the past 6 or 7 events, because I don’t participate in the monster and arena events anymore. The prizes have been kinda sucky. I’ll play the incoming monster event and see what happens in the end.

This is what I’m trying to figure out, why these players, clearly and PERSONALLY I think they are cheating, are not banned. I’m pretty sure these super ridiculously high scores have caught Rovio’s attention, and Rovio must have already checked on them, but ended up with no solid evidence to ban these players.

Com’on, Rovio ain’t that stupid. Those super high scores are obviously suspicious, it’s just that for some unknown reason, these players are still around. Again, just like that Vorland guy. He stuck around for quite a while until he disappeared. He was always number 1 on all events with crazy scores. (Ha, I actually beat him couple times in PvP)

See, without any official response from Rovio, we are all just guessing, and without any official response, I guess it is ok to accuse Rovio for playing favorites.

_

TomT
    @tomt

@justpast40

oh Animation Throwdown is awesome, but if you have no patience, don’t play it. You will hate that game more than you hate Fight!.

Tutuyutu
    @tutuyutu

Most of playersfrom Russia, Ukraine, China and Japan seem to cheat getting fight scores above 800. They use programs to match the birds. I will from now make screen captures after each fight and send the ones showining cheaters to the support service (as the screen captures will show the scores and their players NAMES). I suggest that people do the same. This may warn everyone about these cheating. I will also say it in my Itunes rating… so that people who will download the game know that they they will fight a MAJORITY of cheaters. I’m not a bird but I’m very ANGRY !!!

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

What do you mean with fight scores over 800? My new Stella defence record is around 3300 defence and I don’t cheat. Attack with red 3000+ I also had a few times. But I do ran into players that do cheat unfortunately..

TomT
    @tomt

@deindiaan

@tutuyutu

Ya, when I use Blues, my defense is almost always over 1200, and attack is almost always over 1500. I truly feel sorry for those players who have no panel-increase items.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I did ran into a cheater yesterday though, he/she had stella with all piggy items, marie wig and as weapon the pin wheel(No panel increaser). Not one sabotage and the he/she had a score of 3400 defense and over 3000 attack (first hit was -339) little to much hahaha

TomT
    @tomt

@deindiaan

Ehh…… just out of curiosity, how do you calculate the attack? Because it usually doesn’t show the attack score of your opponents, only defense score.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@tomt When I have 2000 attack I’ll hit with -200. So when stella hit me with -339 that meant he/she had over 3000 attack with the “super” pinwheel ;) P.s. was a player from Latvia, unfortunately screen shot failed and I was to late to wright done the name of the player.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum why do people cheat?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.