Which is Better: Energon or Goldbite Grimlock?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Which is Better: Energon or Goldbite Grimlock?

• I just started playing again after a long break.  I have about 4000 Sparks from the last event but I don’t know which Grimlock to Promote.  Energon Grimlock is my best bot so far, but I just got Goldbite Grimlock, so I don’t know if he’s better.  Which is better and which should I promote?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I prefer energon grimlock. His beam seems to be stronger, and he can recover energy with energon structures.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing.  I’ll promote him later.

Joel
    @joel687

Energon. Definitely

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Energon.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Generally I’d say EGL, but on occasion I do prefer Grey Slam.  I don’t use Goldbite at all.

Grey Slam is great on missile days.

And for whatever reason I have problems killing Unicron with EGL, but I rarely ever fail a Unicron run when using Grey Slam.

I also prefer Grey Slam against Boss Pig.

In the current Green/Red block event I’d actually prefer Grey Slam as well, as there’s less splash damage (less risk of destroying a red block sitting next to a green block by mistake) but I’m not going to pass up a +560% bonus.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@optimuspig

Grey slam is slower than EGL, that’s a great advantage for him while dealing dealing with Unicron and Boss Pig (more missiles). Unfortunately, I don’t have the resources to promote him enough to be useful on competitions.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yes.  Movement speed is the reason why I prefer Grey Slam for Unicron, Boss Pig, and Missile Day.

Also the fact that EGL can’t take too many hits from the flaming boogers.

LuisJM
    @luisjm

Energon Grimlock, hands down.  He’s the most powerful and toughest of the group.  Trust me, he can take down a big lumbering mortar Pig Bot much in a matter of seconds.

#WherearetheGoodCartoons?

Phillips
    @phillips

Energon Grimlock is the stronger of the three but his weakness is that he is quite fast. As a result he may struggle to defeat Unicron as he finishes the level before Unicron can drop his shields and if you have to transform to avoid falling monoliths you can miss quite a few targets. Same goes for missile day because he is quite fast the silos after only a few missiles are fired before they go out of screen while goldbite and greyslam can have quite a number of missiles fired from silos before he has passed by them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Which is Better: Energon or Goldbite Grimlock?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.