Which Accessories to buy in "Peace thru Tyranny"

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Which Accessories to buy in "Peace thru Tyranny"

• @optimuspig I saw you post on the Main thread that you would be spending 4500 on accessories b/c some are mutually exclusive etc. Could you post which are worth it? Or if anyone else wants to post this info, go ahead :).

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I can’t get the formatting right, so here’s a quick summary:

– Dark Megatron’s “Crown” and “Armada” both go into the head slot
    – Ultimate Megatron’s “Crown” and “Armada” both go into the head slot
    – Soundwave’s “Jetpack” is +10% vehicle time kinda sucks and costs a whopping 1,000 tokens!
    – Brawl’s “Cannon” goes onto the arm slot, but the missile launchers (not available in this event) also go into the arms.
    – Energon Starscream’s “Shoulder Pads” and “Null-Ray” both go into the arm slot

These are what I’m looking at buying:

– D.M.’s Armada (1,000)
    – D.M.’s Medallion (1,000)
    – U.M.’s Armada (1,000)
    – Bludgeon’s Sentinel (900)
    – Energon Starscream’s Shoulder Pads (650)

There are also a bunch of other accessories that I already have from prior events or that I already bought using gems (oh, well ….) so I haven’t discussed them here.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My favorite accessory in the whole game is the one that gives Energon Starscream explosive rounds. That single accessory changed an annoyingly weak character into a fun and really effective one.

Aledromo
    @aledromo

I second explosive rounds on Starscream. This singlehandedly reinvigorated my love for this game at a time I was about to quit. Bought on a lark, they make times I get to use E Starscream a treat.

I have no idea why either Megatron would benefit from Acid Rounds. And I still have no idea whether explosive force applies to all of your shots or just the ones that hit tnt blocks. Vehicle time? No thanks.

I’d say focus on damage enhancers and reload speed for the tank guys. And anything you think looks cool, of course.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

@franciscrawfo I was planning to buy those shoulder pads for E. Starscream forever, so of course they were the first accessory I unlocked in this.

I’m up in the air on my next purchase, but probably either DM’s medallion or Shockwave’s Wings. Both speed up the shooting of annoyingly slow to reload characters.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I can vouch for the shoulder pads — worth the tokens!

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I picked up the flail already. I use all the ultimate characters on missions because I get more gold if they then show up at an ordinary node, so I actually play him a bit outside competitions. Also, he seems like the most important TF in this particular competition, so strengthening him makes sense.

Aledromo
    @aledromo

What does the flail do? Gameplay-wise. I mean, things get sucked up and explode. What does damage over time contribute?

Traveler
    @traveler

I agree with the purchase of the shoulder pads. They make a significant difference in Starscream.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@aledromo

What does the flail do? Gameplay-wise. I mean, things get sucked up and explode. What does damage over time contribute?

Imo, absolutely nothing! He’s still frustrating to play with. He needs Dark Megatron’s Medallion, if that actually works.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@aledromo,

I’ve always had the impression that some things are hit by him in a more ordinary way than getting pulled into the vortex. I could be wrong, of course.

Booger
    @booger

I expected more from Bludgeon’s sentinel as well…I didn’t notice much difference with it.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader (great name btw, it’s at the top of the list)

This is good information. I’ll hold my gems for Ratchet…

Aledromo
    @aledromo

Wow. Turns out many of these are kind of meh, huh? “Explosive force” is such a rip.

My shame: I regret spending gems on Shockwave’s acid rounds. They do nothing at all.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader deleting and and playing through didn’t restore your app? I haven’t played with the Armada yet, but I suspect that it does not help much. However, it is offered at a deep discount. There’s got to be something that can be done to restore your game. Did you submit a ticket?

Geli
    @geli

Already had Sound-wave’s beat box. It’s not the ultimate accessory, but it does help make the character a bit more enjoyable to play. It is a “buy” in this event, but not as the “must have.”

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

In retrospect, I should have just stopped playing after Day 1 when I had enough for Sentinel and the Shoulder Pads.

I hate playing the Megatrons, so why should I waste time and gems to equip them? I’ve probably spent more time playing the Megatrons during this one event, than I have in the past six months.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader I feel you! I just had to have my iPad erased and restored, but I can say that the iCloud and Game Center back ups do work. Almost every other major ABT update my iPad does the crash on open thing so I just bite on a towel and delete the app. Otherwise, I would have missed a few competitions. All things considered, you aren’t missing anything with this event. However, I’m going to need you to have that fixed by time Ratchet comes along…:)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

That sucks that you’re unable to play.

I wouldn’t bother spending that many gems just to get the Megatron accessories, unless you’re doing it solely for the point of completeness. Otherwise, I don’t think they really add that much to him. I think I mentioned that I hate both of them, and never play the Megatrons unless I’m forced to do so.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Oops, bad planning on my part.

I’d totally forgotten that I have Dark Megatron’s “Pilgrim Hat” (+10% Damage) from last year’s Thanksgiving event.

So I guess that means I won’t be buying D.M.’s Armada, which also means that I spent too many gems to get tokens I don’t really need. Oh well.

OK folks, good luck for the remaining three days. Me, exit stage left!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

In retrospect, I should have just stopped playing after Day 1 when I had enough for Sentinel and the Shoulder Pads.

I hate playing the Megatrons, so why should I waste time and gems to equip them? I’ve probably spent more time playing the Megatrons during this one event, than I have in the past six months.

+1! Perfectly sums up the reality of the situation. Me, right behind you…

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I got the wings for Shockwave, Sentinel for Bludgeon and the Medallion for Megatron. I’ll either get the shoulder pads for E. Starcream or cannon for Brawl. Explosive rounds are great but except for events, most everyday runs my Thundercracker and E. Starcream are spent most of the time flying. I’ll wait and see. Besides them being explosive rounds, the pads make me smile because he wore them when he was briefly crowned the Decpticon leader in the classic 86 film.

@optimuspig
    I got the medallion for Megatron because they are a pain in the butt to play. The firing speed is annoying so I’ll take the help. It’s similar to why I’m not interested in Ratchet coming out because I hate playing as Heatwave and Sentinel Prime.

Anonymous

Shoulder Pads is the best and safest purchase in this event…

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@awesomepow I agree, if you only get one accessory, get the shoulder pads.

@deszaras
    Have you noticed a positive impact on fire rate for Megatron and Shockwave due to the wings and medallion? Have you noticed an improvement in Bludgeon due to Sentinel?

Aledromo
    @aledromo

The medallion definitely seems to have improved Megatron’s firing. I don’t feel like I’m waiting nearly as often to fire.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I stopped playing, but in order not to leave any tokens on the table, I was forced (forced I tell you!) to pickup some accessories I neither needed nor wanted (I’m looking at you null rays!). It turns out Starscream can wear both the shoulder pads and the null rays, but E. Starscream cannot. Ticket submitted…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Which Accessories to buy in "Peace thru Tyranny"

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.