When is your Birdday?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum When is your Birdday?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 190 total)
  • Replies
  • Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@e-star I’m not sure what the likelihood of you and I going to the same school with the both of us across the ocean but I’ve always felt that 1 plus 1 equals 3. I rationalize this from my first wife. 1 plus 1 ended up to be 3 after my oldest son was born. Now I just became a grandfather of our 5th grandchild a week ago. 3 1/2 years ago we had none. Thanks again for doing this birdday updates. :-)

E-Star
    @e-star

@coffeeking Maybe you high school teacher migrated to the Netherlands?? Have to say though I believe your theory is sound and the math is correct, my husband and I want to keep being the exception to that rule, my parents just became grandparents for the 4th time (I have 2 brothers) and nope still no desire to prove that theory, so I will use you for further evidence, is that okay? haha
    Ow and Happy belated birthday (grand)pa ;) not sure how old your oldest son is, but I think we don’t differ much in age.

Ow and btw, the list is back on track. Ripsy started this thread, but since I made the new list, I keep tabs on the update as I am familiar with the program I made it in. So any new requests can be @mentioned to me.

E-Star
    @e-star

Lots of birthdays during the holidays, hope all of you had an amazing day. Just wanted to wish @karen68 and @angrybirdsfanguy438 Happy birthday today! Hope it will be filled with lots of special things!

AngryBirdsFanGuy438
    @angrybirdsfanguy438

Thank you @E-Star! :)

E-Star
    @e-star

List is back up to date :D

kimplix
    @kimplix

27th April. Thanks for doing this though

E-Star
    @e-star

Welcome to the nest @kimplix I have added you to the birthday list :D

swellD
    @swelld

I thought I had done this already on the old list but I guess not.

@swellD
    01-10

chimichangachick
    @mecstaveler

@e-star this I’d my first time here. I’m a bit confused. Like @coffeeking I’m hoping I can enter my b-day here? It’s October 29, 1961. And that instantly gives @coffeeking someone older than him! ;-)

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@chimichangachi looks like you’re in the right spot. :-) Nice to see others my age or close to it with a similar addiction to Angry Birds. With this winter being one of the most brutal ones in history with trying to survive in -20’s and -30’s below zero for a month and a half so far and more to come. That’s without the windchill factor which gets as cold as minus 50 to minus 75 below zero. (I live in the U.S. In Minnesota one of the coldest states in the country) All a person can do is sit indoors and fling away. I had to retire a bit early in life. All my kids are grown and gone, my wife works the second shift from 11:45am and doesn’t get home until earliest 9:30 pm. So not a lot to do but fling away. What really is a challenge is I accomplished just about every angry birds games out there including mighty eagle and egg levels. But I didn’t register here with scores until about 6 months ago. So now I get to go back through EVERY level in every game and improve my scores and register them. I’m think I’ll be busy for the next five years or so. I don’t leave a level until I feel that’s all I can do or after two days. It’s a pleasure to meet you chimichangachi

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

I didn’t get a notification at all on your response @e-star I wouldn’t even have know your wrote if it weren’t for @chimichangachi writing. Thank you for the b-day wishes awhile ago. Lol. My current wife and I have been together since 1993 and married since 1996. She has two boys she had custody of while they grew up and I also have two boys I had full custody of while they were growing up. Hers are 34 and 29. Her eldest son just married a gal 16 months ago who has a 8 year old girl and he just had his first child (boy) on December 15th (day after my birthday) Her youngest son has been married for 6 years and they have two daughters. One is 3 1/2 the other is 10 months old. Both are so precious. My oldest son is 29 who has one boy (my grandson in my photo) and my youngest is 27 he’s still trying to find his “nitch” in life. He’s a lot like me when I was his age. Big outdoorsman. My wife works the 2nd shift so I see her late in the evenings and she leaves for work at 11:45 every morning. She makes it a point to go help her two boys each once a week with the grandchildren. I take my grandson twice a week for 6 to 8 hours a time. So we get to share stories on who’s up to what and who pulled whatever. Lol I also have a daughter who will be 35 in March. I didn’t meet her until I found her on Facebook 4 years ago. Not by my choice that I wasn’t able to be a part of her life until then. She does t have any children. So technically I have one biological grandson and my wife has 3 biological grandkids. Sadly her youngest son never accepted me from get go back in 93 so he’s still that way. I don’t get to see his two precious girls as much. Now I’m still trying to figure out how my teachers always told me 1 + 1 =2 when my calculations seem to be acceptable. Maybe why they didn’t teach sex education until later grades.

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@chimichangachick shoot. I didn’t spell your whole name right on that response. I just realized what I did. Hopefully I did something right here. Lol darn senior moments. Or maybe my glasses are dirty again. Can’t live without them to read now. Ugh.

E-Star
    @e-star

@mecstaveler Like @coffeeking mentioned you are in the right spot indeed! I have added you to the list. Now there is not a system for sending reminders of ones birthday, so we don’t celebrate them all in here, but it is a great way to surprise a friend here in the nest on his or her birthday. The Bloated Pig is a great way to celebrate as it is the virtual Pub where many of the regular nesters come in and have a drink and a chat.

@coffeeking
    that is one entangled family life you got there! But yeah like I said, I could have been that 35 year old daughter of yours, if only I was a Facebook user LOL, which I am not, I am allergic to the social media LOL
    Ow and as for your senior moment (don’t worry, we youngster have nothing but respect for the elderly in here, would not dream of making fun of all the reading glasses laying around in here in the nest LOL) but the @mentioning chimichangachick didn’t pan out as her @menioning name is different to her user name, her @mentioning name is @mecstaveler But the notification system has been acting up lately and I believe Birdleader is working real hard on a fix or fixed it already, I haven’t read up on the latest new yet. So I would chalk it up to that instead of the blurry eyesight ;)

Ow and @Swelld I am not sure, but I have been keeping track of the birthday list for a while now and every update uses the list that is already in place, so only things added and not deleted… also I can’t seem to find any comment in the old forum or here, so ermmm maybe a senior moment as well?! ;)
    Anyway, I hope I updated the list correct as we Dutchie have the month-date system backwards and I always need to remember that, January 10th is it right??? Awww we missed yours by just 2 weeks! A happy belated Birthday to you @Swelld

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@e-star I’m starting to worry. How do you know about all the reading glasses I have laying around the nest? Lol. I couldn’t even begin to tell you how many I have. Other scary thing is I don’t know where most of them are. Lol it started shortly after I turned fourty so enjoy while it lasts. :-) And see how much I got confused here tryin to figure out why chimigamgachick aka @mecstaveler name didn’t become bold when I was trying to answer her? I guess a persons never to old to learn new tricks. I think the funniest thing is when I’m searching for my favorite reading glasses and I find them hanging on my shirt or head. Ugh!! Or the fact that if I’m to read a prescription bottle for instance I sometimes have to use two pair. I USED to have perfect vision.

chimichangachick
    @mecstaveler

@e-star, I see you mentioned the fact that my user name is not my @ name…that’s been bugging me SO much. Since you brought it up, Is there a way to fix it? My @ name isn’t even spelled correctly…think I forgot to to put on my reading glasses when I typed it…eh HEM! I have no idea how I managed to mess the username up! I got some smooth moves..;-)

E-Star
    @e-star

@mecstaveler I am sorry, but no, the username chosen when signing up for an account can not be changed. It is yours to keep :/

Maybe we should put one of the reading glasses of @coffeeking on the signup table? For all of you young at heart, but less so of eyesight ;)

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@mecstaveler I caught that little cough. But you’ll have to speak up a little, I can’t seem to find my good glasses. Lol Yes @e-star this is what to expect in the next 15 years. There is absolutely zero chance of me reading even my score on any level. The one in the upper right corner. Thank god I can still see perfectly anything in a distance except writing. At least I have no problem seeing my coffee cup. I’m a bit surprised your not able to correct your name tho. Thank you @mecstaveler at least I’m not alone. Although this starting over from square one is and has been a challenge. I’m up to “poached eggs” 2-3 and using @e-star for a base line has been helpful. I didn’t went my scores as I went along before. Ugh!!

chimichangachick
    @mecstaveler

@e-star Oh, this is tragic for everyone that has to type my username to chat! The spelling, without all its letters, makes no sense and is so long! If only I’d worn my “I need a new prescription for my worsening eyeseyesight, but these will have to do” glasses when I filled out my registration! LOL. @coffeeking feels my pain. I can tell! ;-)

chimichangachick
    @mecstaveler

@coffeeking its not easy when you can’t see! Try putting mascara on when you can’t see without glasses! I am considering a monacle… And, yes! Forty is the decade the eyes betray us! I am laughing at the thought of two pair of glasses at a time! LOL! I use a magnifying glass that was the “toy” from one of those kid meals from a burger joint
    My daughter (13 yrs old TODAY!) owns controlling shares in… So, I feel your pain. Also, coffee is my favorite food group! I drink it from the minute I wake, until Its time for lights out around 2am (insomniac). I am unworthy to be speaking so casually to coffee royaltyroyalty! My stir stick is at your command, my leige! :-P

chimichangachick
    @mecstaveler

@coffeeking I didn’t see all these posts with my name mention! I’m so sorry I hadn’t replied before now! maybe because my username was messed up? I had typed up a nice, “pleasure to meet you too!” reply, then nodded off..my finger dropped to the touch screen whilst I caught a quick nap, and erased all but the first sentence.…failing eyesight isn’t the only change we folk of a certain age must suffer! I respectfully put the motion before the illustrious @e-star of the nest adopting a “handicap” policy in gameplay for “seniors (over 30) to level the playing fieldfield? No? Ok…..:-[ Nice to meet you too @coffeeking!! If you start dozing off (as I do) since you do your flinging at night, we should visit at the pork lounge thingy in a coffee lounge? IF there is one.. Maybe have an unalcoholic coffee and Bailey’s? LOL I Don’t want @e-star to have to go ninja-star on us for visiting in the birthday forum/group? Friend requests are cool too! I’m new and only have a few, yet totally awesome, friends! Happy flinging (toasts @coffeeking w/coffee mug)!

Coffeeking
    @coffeeking

@mecstaveler thank you for the feeling of royalty for just a minute anyway. I’ve been a coffee broker since 1992 so I’m right there with you about drinking it from morning to night. AND the insomnia. I’m glad someone else can relate to the aging. I just keep in mind that these are going to be the “Golden years” I was thinking the same thing about using @e-star birthday place to chit chat. I’m not sure where this pork room is but I’d certainly go there and enjoy and NON-alcoholic drink right along side of you. I traded coffee for the booze in 92. Or my email is <deleted by admin> if you’re on the Facebook ya can look me up that way too. Al Cornelius Rockford, Mn if you tag me in that pork room I’m guessing I’ll get a email on it. Not sure. Great to talk to you!

E-Star
    @e-star

@coffeeking and @mecstaveler Not that I am complaining, but yeah it might be best to chit chat in the place where it is allowed to… The Bloated Pig our very own virtual pub for the weary flingers. Lots of us regulars visit there from time to time and it has been a great place to meet new nesters. Might want to check in there… I am headed that way myself as I just finished my cup of coffee with my husband. Hope to see you there!

fyi @coffeeking I removed your email address as it is best not to mention such personal info in a forum. Robots can pick it up and you will get a buck load of spam ;)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum When is your Birdday?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.