When Does AB End?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum When Does AB End?

• The best thing about the all time best tv show in the history of television was that it had a beginning and an end.

Breaking Bad was an experience. Mostly because it didn’t just keep going.

Maybe Rovio is now engaged on non-stop money grabs trying to make our lives All Things AB. Maybe there are some that totally swallow all that. Myself, I have deleted all games but two. AB and Seasons. And if they don’t stop coming out with new levels, new power ups to purchase at ever flick, I’ll delete them too.

It’s a shame to see the best selling gaming app of all time go this way. Beating a dead horse to a pulp. Would be better from a historical point to finish it, and move on. The profits must outweigh the historical weight.

For me personally, the money grab is getting old.

Just sending a message to Rovio. Just one players viewpoint.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Personally I feel SOMEWHAT the same way. I mean I like having all these different AB games because it gives some variety. I have literally ALL of them and I’m not overwhelmed but I think Rovio IS. I mean they keep spitting out so many new games that they can’t even update the old ones anymore. I’d rather have less games being updated frequently than having about 12 games that they rarely touch. In my opinion they should either keep them updated or release the final update that concludes the game. And I definitely feel it’s time for them to end some. Those games being:

Angry Bird Rio: Sure it was a fun game but the movies ended and they added the whole story from Rio 1 and 2. Now there’s nothing left for them to add. Just concluding the game is a lot better than just having it sit there not being updated for 8 months like it has. No need to take it off the app store. Just say that it won’t be updated anymore so I don’t keep expecting new levels.

Angry Birds Star Wars II: This game is one of my favorites. I would love for them to keep updating it but the Star Wars story ends eventuality. I mean the next update is going to have Darth Vader. They are getting close to the end here too. That doesn’t mean they should keep us waiting for new levels just to make it “last longer”. Get the story over with so you guys can focus on other games.

Nothing
    @autobird

Every game or business has its haydays, and I know a good company when it knows when to stop. Rovio is not one of them unfortunately. Some of their games needs to keep you going back at it; the games that hardly need updates. Like Transformers and Epic(though I prefer Transformers over Epic. I wonder why… ^^). Many of their games are “dead”, and Rovio continues to keep adding more that are only short-lived. As a die-hard Angry Birds fan, even I am feeling a bit worried that Angry Birds may be going stale. It HAS to end at some point. Every business or company does. But that means this awesome community will also go to waste… :'(

epicbird
    @filipersr

Rovio lately creates games with support to small updates, as Epic (Unlimited caves), Fight! (Unlimited islands) And Stella Pop (Unlimited áreas) because this games have few changes on layout instead of update other old games.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I feel that Angry Birds Rio would be ‘terminated’ (but not discontinued) before 2016. I hope Rovio gets a new rising star to rival AB…

DaBoid
    @daboid

There was a “The End” screen in AB Star Wars. There has been no such screen in AB SWII. There are various places where “S” levels could be added and the more recent episodes are shorter than the older ones.

I have a hunch SWII is still incomplete. I continue to hoard melt characters in anticipation of new levels.

Even if they never add new levels, I can still go back and re-play MYD to increase my scores. The first time I went through MYD, I stopped with the first 3-star score and did not replay fun levels in hopes of a higher score.

Anonymous

@daboid I’m guessing you got the ABSWII thing from what I said right? If so you must have read it wrong. I never said that it was over already. I said that it’s getting close. They already had Anakin Episode III so therefore the game is already at the 3rd Star Wars movie. How many are there? 4? 5? I don’t know but Vader is next to come and I don’t know how close he is to the end of the movies.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@partshade There were 6 Star Wars movies so far, and SWI covered 4-6, and SWII 1-3 (as far as I know, because I haven’t played SWII yet). So unless they are including a newer movie (7) in SWII, there won’t be enough for updates in SWII. :P

Anonymous

@Freckledpig147 Ahh thanks for telling me this. By the way in my opinion Rovio will probably do movies 4-6 again because if not why would they have characters like Luke Han Solo and Leia? Also are you counting the new SW movie that came out in February?

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@partshade :P I’m unaware of a Star Wars movie released in February. I only counted the main series, and not Clone Wars or other similar things.

Anonymous

@Freckledpig147 I went to Wookiepedia and found this. I copied and pasted it from this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars

Together, the six movies have made a grand total of $4,327,000,000 in the box office with another three on the way.

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (May 25, 1977)
    Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (May 21, 1980)
    Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (May 25, 1983)
    Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (May 19, 1999)
    Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (May 16, 2002)
    Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (May 19, 2005)
    Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (December 18, 2015) This is the movie I was talking about being released in February. I was wrong. I saw it MENTIONED in February and thought it was being released.
    Star Wars: Episode VIII (May 26, 2017)
    Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Looks like it’s not ending anytime soon :0.

DaBoid
    @daboid

@partshade

Thank you.

I’ve been relying on my own guesswork, since I actually saw only one Star Wars movie, ever. I saw the original movie when it was first released in 1977. Yes, I am that old.

I did not enjoy the movie that much, so passed up all the others. I have little or no idea what all these characters actually do in the movie.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum When Does AB End?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.