What to spend gems on in ABGo?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum What to spend gems on in ABGo?

• I’ve accumulated over 400 gems while playing. I noticed that some karts can be purchased with gems but as of. Is I’ve upgraded my original karts to max and don’t see the benefit of building up another one. Should I use them for coins to help upgrade my ‘stunt’ kart, it’s starting to get boring playing the same level over 10 times for each upgrade? Or will I regret spending the gems because there is another thing to spend them on?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

For gems they are usually best spent on energy refills as this is the main gameplay bottleneck early to mid game.

For your case since you have already finished and finding the Bird Coins a bottleneck, trading a hundred or two gems for BCs shouldn’t have any guilt associated with it :)

How much are the upgrade costs at Stunt btw, heard a few horror stories from @dh-kim and others.

I am more or less grinding BCs daily and it’s becoming to feel like a typical ‘free to play’ MMO game with credit/XP grinding :)

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

Gems are mostly to get energy!

Else, use it to get coins (Really not efficient. Not recommended) and Karts (Some Karts cost gems instead of real money or coins)

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Ahh yes good point on the crystal karts – they generally are more multi-functional than the free (bird coins) ones as they for instance have a high top speed and high durability as well. As opposed to having a compromise.

However I don’t think it’s relevant for someone who has completed the game or already driving Telepod vehicles. Might as well spend gems cautiously to mitigate BC or energy shortages on demand.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@lostgreybird, I have glitch you mentioned in one of your comments in article on AB GO! release, prices for karts and upgrades are unrealistic. For example kart for Air Flight costs 6.350 gems?!? Not normal kart price, I believe.
    If your prices are normally set then spend them on kart(s). I wouldn’t spent gems on energy refill and eventually if you compete with other players in number of taken challenges you may want to skip some impossible tasks and pay 10 gems for each skip.

lostgreybird
    @lostgreybird

Hey all, so I spent them on BC to upgrade kart. My most recent/last available Max Speed upgrade was 14000. I can’t image what they’ll be once I mac out this set. I’m now playing the helmet pig and it’s taking me longer me longer to upgrade enough to even have enough CC to even play a level.

At this point I have all birds except helmet pig and chuck and I can say that I never run out of plays before I get sick of repeating levels just to stock up BC. As someone said above it is becoming a “grid” to complete these last levels.

I did however find that the VS level of Hal’s group (first VS in Stunt section) has a fairly easy track to collect up to 300 more coins during the race. I play the hardest difficulty now which rewards 540ish and make a solid 800 each race. Not too bad but again gets very repetitive.

burpie
    @burpie

I also converted gems to coins.

In the first two episodes I was constantly waiting for birds to recharge. I didn’t want to spend the gems on recharges though, because I was also wondering if that was wise. Perhaps later you might need those coins for a special car or upgrade… you don’t.

In the last two episodes I was constantly replaying races in order to earn coins for upgrades. Eventually that wore me down and I spent 400 gems in lieu of repeating the same old gold-mining exercise another 15 times.

I’ve already demonstrated my compulsive behavior with AB Space and it serves me well here. You’ll need that to complete AB Go for free… it feels more like a money grab than a game.

Even the coin doubler – which I’d highly recommend to preserve your sanity – feels overpriced. Which is odd, because I’ve paid that much and more for other apps and even other games. I guess here Rovio’s brazen monetization scheme is putting me in a defiant mood.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@burpie coins are too expensive when you convert your hard earned gems into coins. I wouldn’t use gems to purchase more coins. Coins are easy to pick in Stunt challenges on track 1. You get 500 for winning and can add 220-250 extra in race which gives more then 700 for each run.
    The best karts are those that can be purchased only with gems and I am going to save tham for next update and water races, as I didn’t see that any new telepods are added to Hasbro’s collection.

burpie
    @burpie

Hi @cosmo2503

In Air, the only kart I can buy with gems costs 1,667 of them.
    In Stunt, the only kart I can buy with gems costs 5,065 of them.

There’s no way I can rack up THAT many gems for free without grinding for several weeks. I’m not trying to prove a point; I just want to finish the game.

Episode Stunt, Track 1 is also my preferred gold-mining exercise. I average about 750 coins per run (with sloppy driving) and I’ve performed that exercise hundreds of times. By now I only need to defeat Chuck… 1260cc required for the first race and my kart is currently at 1225cc. So I still have tons more grinding to look forward to.

burpie
    @burpie

A day later I went from 1225cc to 1260cc, beat Chuck on the first attempt, and now require 1290cc for race 2 vs. Chuck. So I’m back to grinding some more. If I had any gems I’d exchange them for coins again in a heartbeat.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum What to spend gems on in ABGo?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.