What is the use of the new achievements icon?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What is the use of the new achievements icon?

• I have been curious about this a long time, but it never had a high priority. But finally I decided to open a topic about it, hoping that someone can shed some light on this issue.

When you click on what I call the old achievements icon (the cup next to arrow 1 in the figure below) you get a list of all the achievements that you have performed. Strangely enough there is also another new achievements logo visible (arrow 2).
    achievements1.png

When you click on It, it will show a list of achievements to be made, which resembles the first list.
    new achievements.png

But the new list is a bit different. Gems have changed into XP (=experience points, which aren’t used in ABT). Also a few achievements that have been reached in the past are shown in color, with the date that they were accomplished ( somewhere in 2014 or 2015)).
    Other achievements, which I know that have been reached, are just grey. To make it even more complicated, note the following:
    I tried to reach one of these grey-colored achievement. And yes, you guessed it, nothing changed after reaching that achievement.

So what is the point of all of this? Is it just some kind of leftover, that R/E forget to get rid of or am I missing something?

BTW: You can also get to this new list by clicking on this new achievements icon in settings. (See below)
    achievements 3.png

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

That is Google Play and the button isn’t new it has been there since 2014.

The grey ones were bugged. They didn’t unlock in Google Play when you got them in game. While they have since been fixed the only way to get them now is to start a new game (which can be done on a second device if you have one that is signed into the same Google Play account).

moi
    @moifirst

@sntrooper
    Perhaps you’re right and the button was present all the time. Only I didn’t notice or payed any attention to it.
    But the question remains: what is the use of it? To me it seems, that it has no function at all.
    Added 30 minutes later: What I mean is, what use are XP (experience points) in ABT, even if you could get them?
    Also, if I remember correctly, this achievement button was indeed present all the time, just as you said, but by clicking on it, it would show the list with the gem-rewards just like in the first image of this topic. Later on this function was taken over by the cup symbol (arrow 1 in the first image).

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@moifirst sometimes when you start ABT there will be a Google Play icon come up for a short while in top left of screen, often it happens after wifi outage and you also have to confirm the Google account being used. In that icon that appears it shows what your XP are. Like you mine have not changed because of the bug that @sntrooper mentioned

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@moifirst The XP is a Google Play thing. It has nothing to do with ABT.

birdboy
    @birdboy2016hot

@moifirst

The xp is used to level you up in google play.

moi
    @moifirst

Thank you all for solving this mystery for me!
    I’ve never thought of the connection with google play.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What is the use of the new achievements icon?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.