Was the Pork Side a Great Idea?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Was the Pork Side a Great Idea?

• The ability to play as the pigs for the first time in an Angry Birds game was the main new thing advertised in Angry Birds Star Wars II. Was this a good idea or would the game be better off without the Pork Side?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • rigslip
    @rigslip

Great idea….nothing wrong with walking a mile in your enemies shoes…(or hoofs as the case may be) Also ABSW II Pork side has some pretty cool characters some crazy powers. More levels = more challenges = more fun. A win,win as far as I’m concerned.
    Just out of curiosity, why would the game be better without a Pork side?

Cheawn
    @cheawn

Angry Birds Star Wars II’s Pork Side is not needed. When you strip away all the graphics all the story, and all the personality of the Pork Side, you get circles launching themselves at other circles to destroy them. However, they must use their powers to destroy rectangular blocks in their path. This gives them points, which can give them stars if enough are collected. Do this to the Bird Side and the same thing comes out. See what I’m pointing at? All the Pork Side is is a re-skin of typical Birds gameplay.( Which is why I don’t own Angry Birds Seasons and Rio.) There is no difference except for new powers. This slight difference is ruined by cloned characters, character who have the same powers, such as Jar Jar Brinks and Zam Wessel. or Battle Droid and Han Solo or even Mace Windu and Count Dooku. Characters like these make the sides very simular. To top it off, while episodes are longer than normal for the series, they still aren’t longer than the 45 level long Angry Birds episodes. That makes the more levels point moot. While I’m okay with the “get x stars to unlock other side”,( I don’t like it!) I hate that when you buy a Character Swap, it only works for one side. I expect that if I buy something in game with cash, I should be able to use it in all game modes unless it is impossible to use in the mode or breaks the balance of it.(Like Red’s Mighty Feathers and the Mighty Eagle.) At least let us buy the clone of the character for free. I say the Pork Side should not exist!(or at least be advertised less.)

Cheawn
    @cheawn

@rigslip The game could be better without the Pork Side as it would allow more focus on levels and less on two separate themes for each episode.(As well as more space physics!) There would be more focus new characters and less on reused abilities and character design. (i.e. Jar Jar Brinks in Escape to Tatooine and Zam Wessel in Battle of Naboo.) This makes for a slightly better game.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Was the Pork Side a Great Idea?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.