video

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum video

• Hi guys. Been playing 227 days now. Always made use of the video option to get a free bird and complete the more difficult levels. They have removed it as of today. I feel like spending my gems and removing the game. What is the story with this option? From what I gather some people get video and others don’t?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Sorry @dunky, but that’s Rovio there doing “experiments”. Some players get the video option in some places (ToF, DC, KPP…) in AB2, some players get them in all places and some very unfortunate players don’t get them at all.

To make it more unpredictable, sometimes the video option may appear, while it was not there previously. Some times it may disappear.

Feels unfair when players are given unequal advantages, right? Well, Rovio also appear to tinker similar ways with timers. For example, I have 24h timer in BP chest at Hat Shop, while some other players may have only 12h timer. They get twice as often to open the chest and collect BP and therefore guaranteed BP reward once per day. Having 24h timer means I miss it some days.

My guess is, Rovio tries to find the “sweet spot” to get players using real mone as much as possible, while not pissing off too many players and make them ragequit.

There’s nothing you can do other than hope it’s changed again soon for you.

SB311
    @sb311

Yeah, it seems everyone gets a different experience with ab2. I was playing in the arena and I don’t know how many times I had to use the free extra bird, but at the worst possible time, the option disappeared. I guess you only get a set amount per time period because the next day, the option was back again.

I also get the option for a free bird on map levels or clan events, but I think I can only use it five times, but not in a row. I used to be able to use them one right after the other, but once again, they changed it.

I get the BP chest every 24 hours, but I’m probably going to miss it to get it back in the morning. It pops up around 10pm and the time keeps getting pushed back because I don’t always get to it. I wish it would pop up like the free rare chest I get at the same time everyday.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, the opening time gets pushed back, because it’s not truly “every 24 hours”, but 24 hours after it was previously opened. That means it’s not tied to time of the day, which is really unfortunate. Even when opened right after timer goes to zero, there comes a little delay, moving ahead the time the chest can be opened next time. I hope Rovio is not going into that directions with rest of the timers!

I would love to experience the shorter, 12h timer myself to get BP more often.

Dunky
    @dunky

Thanks for the replies folks. I stopped playing and the option re-appeared later on during that day. I used the video several times over during my earlier playing days then they eventually limited it to 1 video. It’s always been there for me and it seems like because I refuse to spend my hard-earned gems they go and remove it, attempting to force me to spend them. They already robbed me of 1000 gems when I was coming up on 180 days played and gave me a miserable legendary chest instead with an update. You can’t do that to your player base! You removed a reward I was actually looking forward to as opposed to the other not so great ones.

I get a 24hr timer for TOF and BP bonus etc. Have always had my feather bonus since the update too, even for Stella. I’ve won my combat league 19 times since I started playing but got frivolous with my gems in the past. Currently on just over 4k and placed in top spot again for this week in legendary league. I play a lot and if they start forcing me to spend my gems that I either earned or purchased then I’ll call it a day.

I already invest some of them into my clan and spells on occasion for combat, enough is enough!

It’s impossible to complete a series of wins in legendary league without spending gems. I haven’t managed a single one yet and I’m there quite some time. Barely ever get to the 1500 feather bonus either. They seem to sting me with a nasty level or some impossible score for an opponent once I hit the 850 feather reward after the two free tickets reward. Had a guy finishing with 2 Terences today, lol! I can easily enough (depending on the competition) win the league over a week by hitting up my free tickets and playing a bunch, so, I’ll settle for it. Some achievements I’ve just sucked up as impossible as I refuse to spend a fortune on gems to get them.

Please behave Rovio?

Only good thing thus far is that all the levels and king pigs in the game have been beatable without spending gems or with the aid of 1 video. If you plug away they eventually let you beat it. Currently on level 882.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum video

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.