Very Easy Thru Hard

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Very Easy Thru Hard

• Sometimes I feel the labeling of a battle can be tricky. Sometimes I find a medium battle with 2-3 hearts to be easier than a battle labeled “Easy” with the same amount of hearts. What’s up with that???

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Victor
    @victor

Same here. The labeling is not as useful as you would expect.

pauloaguia
    @pauloaguia

I’ve had a very easy battle with mortar towers! And those are definitely not very easy…

My current theory is that the easy-hard classification is related to the amount of fire power required to destroy things, especially the buildings that give you energon. But I still haven’t played enough times with the same characters to confirm this.

chutybutyful
    @chutybutyful

Not sure about that. Especially when the “very easy” is always so short. But you are probably right partially. So what’s your secret concerning the mortar towers? You know we’d love you forever for sharing.

pauloaguia
    @pauloaguia

Yeah, after playing some more today I don’t think it’s that either – I think the time it takes to destroy the buildings is more related to the weapon and the level of the character than anything else.
    I did play a “very easy” game that seemed very long though. One thing I noticed were that there were lots of energon buildings. Right after that an hard game with very few buildings. So I have a new theory now but need to play a few more games to test it out.
    Or maybe it’s not one specific thing but a combination of a lot of things…

As for the mortar towers they’re fairly easy to deal with when you’re playing with one of the Terence characters but a pain with the rest. I usually get my sidekick as soon as I see one if I can – the slow motion gives me time to think and react to those flaming fireballs…

pauloaguia
    @pauloaguia

Another thing that does help a lot with the mortar towers is strategically switching back and forth between car and robot. The tower will fire the fireball to the position where you will be by the time it reaches you; if you change your speed the fireball will miss.

Anonymous

The difficulty thing is simple. It depends on the level of your transformer. I had a hard level for Bludgeon once and then I upgraded him and it said medium.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

There may be some truth to the level of character : ease of battle ratio, however I had a level 6 Prime go into a “very easy” battle and get destroyed several times. I did upgrade him but still barely made it out with any health. So I agree with Paolo that there may be more to this level of difficulty enigma.

As for the lovely mortar towers, I try to hit every Energon building I can. If it takes three buildings to fully charge my weapon, I use what I have and then hit another building while protected and just start shooting. While my sidekick is dropping down and blowing everything up, I’m shooting an Energon structure. I also use the trick of switching from robot to vehicle to dodge fireballs. Gets you clear and then start shooting!

mars805
    @mars805

i,ve had charactors destroyed early on in levels marked easy and very easy. some with more mortars than i,d hope to see in very hard levels. glad to read i,m not the only one

Red7827
    @gulgor0

The difficulty does vary the amount how strong the pigs are and which ones. Very Easy mostly gives you Basic and Single-Fire ones not having very much damage and health. Although – the enemy environment (like Mortar Towers or even the Giant Robots) can appear in any difficutly but with different health and damage.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I still can’t figure out how they rate the areas.

For example, I’m currently stuck with a basic Galvatron (L7) on a “very easy” level – except that he dies every time he encounters the four(!) stacked mortar towers hurling fireballs at him.

On the other hand, I’ve played multiple “Hard” or “Very Hard” levels that haven’t had any mortar towers at all, and very few missiles – they were simply took longer to complete, but with the right TF in play were actually quite easy.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

It feels like now difficulties don’t vary on amount of enemies, but mostly on the length of the level and their firepower.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well, I’d assumed early on that:

Very Easy = short, no fireballs
    Very Hard = Long, lots of fireballs

and everything else was something in between.

That is, until as mentioned before, I started getting pounded by instant death fireballs on a “Very Easy” level.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Very Easy” level.

Get targeted by a couple dozen missiles at once.

And then the mortar towers show up.

Seriously???

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I was the most unluckiest of all
    Shotgun Pigs + Flying Laser Pigs + Missiles + Lane of Falling Monoliths + Mortar Towers = Insta-death

Hex
    @hxadecmel

I can add a bit of anecdotal evidence to support the theory that your TF’s level is part of the rating. I think the game doles out the missions based on your character’s strength and rates them accordingly. Although I have seen a lot of what others are describing. I got busted time travelling and EVERY one of the 18 or so bots i had unlocked at the time lost a level. After that, all of my missions were Hard or Very hard. I ended up warping most of them as they were just impossible. I have never seen 100% hard or above before or since.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well it makes sense that your TF’s upgrade level has some bearing on the difficulty rating of the area it’s about to run.

Interestingly I haven’t encountered any “Very Hard” areas for several weeks now. The areas I’ve been running of late have been predominantly in the “Very Easy” through to “Medium” range. I’m wondering if that’s because all of my TFs are now levels 7 or up?

What’s annoying is the fact that the difficulty rating is not always a true reflection of how hard that level really is when you actually run through it.

Anecdotally, I’ve played many “Easy” and “Medium” areas that gave me more problems completing it than “Hard” areas (I’ve currently also got an Energon Optimus that’s been stuck on a “Very Easy” area for the past two days ….)

Of course, the specific TF that you’re running with makes a big difference – for example a missile-heavy level is significantly easier to run with a Grimlock or Starscream, whereas a mortartower-heavy level is much easier to run with a Galvatron. I wonder if Rovio also takes that into account when assigning a difficulty rating for an area, but somehow I doubt it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Another point about difficulty rating perhaps going up with the length of the run – assuming that the longer a run is the more opportunities you have to earn coins and therefore your coin count should be higher – I just ran a “Very Easy” level where I scored over 2,000 coins before any bonus multiplier. Go figure.

A big chunk of those points I’m sure came from the 30 coins/missile that Starscream shot down, but that only leads into my earlier point that difficulty really depends on which type of TF you’re running, and not necessarily that TF’s upgrade level, because there’s no way that a Heatwave or a Galvatron would have been able to shoot down that many missiles, being the slow shots that they are.

I suppose in general there is somewhat of correlation between difficulty and length, but it’s inconsistencies like this that really bug me.

boyskoegh
    @boyskeogh

Due to an unfortunate reset of all our game progress, I noticed something in the early levels.

The early levels start with a tutorial of shooting the ice blocks to tip over the pigs. When the pigs fall they pop. However recent later levels I noticed that the same types of pigs are now not popping when tipped over from the same height but rolling. A medium level took four shots to pop a non shooting non armored pig.

Maybe there is a correlation to the effort to pop a pig/number of difficult pigs to pop vs the level of difficulty.

Anonymous

@boyskeogh Your over thinking it. Pigs at higher levels just have more armor thus falling is not enough to pop them.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I’ve been trying to figure out this for some time now. I played a very easy or easy level only to have 3 walking mortars kill me about 1-2 secs in. Is there a glitch with this? I’ve not experienced the wrong node thingy I keep reading about… or wait… is this it?!?!? Lost…

Anonymous

@ladydi102 Actually once you unlock the Mortars they will appear in any difficulty. The only difference is that they will have higher armor and shoot more fireballs in one session at higher difficulties.

BTW that’s not the wrong node bug. The bug is that the wrong level disappears when you clear one. Like beating a Heatwave level but a Lockdown level disappears.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@partshade I am going to read thoroughly thru this post as I see some helpful words in here. Thank you.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Very Easy Thru Hard

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.