Version 2.9.0 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Version 2.9.0 is out

• What’s New in Version 2.9.0
    – NEW HATS! Have a Pirate party, go to the Beach, or look cool in School!
    – KING PIG PANIC: For Daily Challenge Pros! Beat these levels to win even bigger rewards!
    – PIG BEHAVIOR: Rule breakers have been disciplined!
    – NEW PIGS ON THE BLOCK: Watch out for towers and beams!
    – NEW CHAPTERS: The Hamazonas & Copacabacon!

Other things I’ve noticed:
    Your Spells are now based by Level of your Birds. I don’t know how they determined the Spell Level ( I have 6 Birds at 9 , 1 at 10 and they gave me Level 9 Spells )
    Those Pesky little pigs are popping much easier.
    The King Pig challenge only appears if you beat the 3 Daily Challenge Levels.
    It’s 5 Stages , and you only get 1 single chance to beat it. If you lose , you can’t challenge it again.
    The prizes are the same. The only difference is the increase of Feathers and Orbs ( 200 Feathers and 50 Orbs )

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

@mighty-red-1
    Any gameplay video soon?
    Can’t wait to see the new contents… (since I’m still in mount evernest)
    And @tinostar11 thanks for the fast noticing :-)
    (BTW, that’s 2.9.0 not 9.2.0)

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@abginebird So far I’m not noticing anything special about the Hamazonas. It’s basically Gravity Grove, only with a different name.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

The new levels are just recycling old ideas with more ridiculous layouts to make “strikes” something impossible unless you use the Mighty Eagle.

I notice these after getting the updates this morning:
    – Things are a lot harder to break, especially in the Arena. Terence bounced against wood!!!!
    – King Pig Panic. You need to play fast regardless. Given there is a time limit, you will have very little time if you want to use more than 1 life. (There is a way for daily challenge to use as many lives as you need. You know you know. You don’t you don’t.)
    – Towers and Beams: I haven’t seen those yet and I am 2 levels into the new contents in Hamazonas.
    – New hats. They need those as I know people who almost maxed out in the existing hats. People who are in top 3 every single week have many black pearls to spend.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@mighty-red-1
    No new pigs yet…. ok.
    Whenever you find anything new please put a screenshot :-) *please*

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

Looks like opponents’ spells are back in the arena. In my first match since the update, a pig inflator was shown on my opponent’s lineup.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

Will completing a new hat set upgrade my slingshot like before? I completed the party, crown and street sets so I have a gold slingshot. If I spend 140 pearls for the new school hat set, will that be enough to upgrade my slingshot again? Not sure what the next level would be – azure?

I was saving up for the cowboy hats. I have one so far and 325 pearls with a good chance of winning this week’s tourney (I currently lead). But I would rather complete the cheaper sets first to upgrade my slingshot sooner.

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

@hubert-lo There is a tower atop the structure on the left. Beams might surface in later levels and/or with the next update.
    Pig tower on the left

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

Well, I did buy the school hats for 20 pearls each and got the Azure slingshot, so I would expect that once I complete the beach set that I will get the Emerald slingshot. Good that we don’t have to spend the 500 per cowboy hat to upgrade.

The bad news is that to get the diamond slingshot, it will take 10,500 pearls to complete both the cowboy and pirate sets. That will take, at a minimum, 12 weeks + 3 days and that would be winning the arena tourney every week, and completing both challenges every day. So, in other words – it will probably take 6+ months.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

My wife account (26 gold medals + few others) is a week or 2 away from having all the cowboy hats. Rovio have to find something for all those black pearls people are still earning.

Kim Garrett
    @kim-garrett

Since the update it won’t let me on or load up

mscreant
    @mscreant

Yep, azure with school hats

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I don’t know if that was the case before, but I’ve done some 1600-gem chest openings, even after leveling up my birds to Master Bronze, and not a single chest gave me the Snow Flake power-up. I also noticed that the chests now offer three of Golden Duck, Hot Chili or Pig Inflater power-ups and two of Mighty Eagle. Last I remember the chests offered no more than two of any spell and no more than one Mighty Eagle.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@mighty-red-1
    There was a time i ranked up and got a chest, it gave me 3 mighty eagle.
    But when i checked, it was 3 golden ducks……

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

The gem rewards for the daily quests seem to all have been increased to 10 gems (except for “Pop 30 Pigs” which is 3).

bisto
    @bisto

Since the update I can’t open AB2, it won’t load D:

Pomme
    @pomme

Since the update I’ve had games freeze. Lost gems. Not playing in the Arena again. Wasting my money.

Mp127
    @mp127

@abginebird and everyone

Here are the pics of the Beamer Pig:
    https://www.angrybirds.com/blog/angry-birds-2-gets-ginormous-fall-update/
    (Yeah, AB blog finally has some good info.)

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@mp127
    Thanks for the info :-)
    I was actually going to post it right now :-)
    Weird piggy though…

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well, the opponent spells have disappeared and the opponents are back to being equal to what I have. Seems it took some time for the update to work properly, guess we had to wait until enough people got the update.

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

Copacabacon? After the Hamazonas and level 760 it says “more levels to come.”

Squishy Rex
    @squishyrex

Has anyone else noticed that the Umbrella Pigs don’t have their umbrellas anymore after updating the game? They are wearing their bowler hats, but their umbrellas are completely missing.

Raizir
    @raizir

@squishyrex

Huh, so i dub them…

Hat Pigs!

“They look fancy”

*Note: unless they act like Balloon pig and, after a certain amount of time, deploy their umbrella.*

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Version 2.9.0 is out

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.