Update 9th June '17 cannot be downloaded

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update 9th June '17 cannot be downloaded

• Is anyone else experiencing this? When I opened Angry Birds this morning, a prompt appeared telling the game needed an update. Went to iTunes to update but I can’t seem to download it! Keep getting the error message. Miss my game! I might be a teensy bit addicted.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey @flightwingman!

What device are you playing from? Both brand and model would be helpful.

Good luck!
    /Hank

SpeedyT
    @speedyt

I will chime in with a similar issue since the June 9th 2017 update of AB2. I am using Android 4.4.2 on my old but otherwise perfect for AB2 phone which is an Alcatel Fierce 2 (quad core, adreno, plenty of available memory plus 10 gig of available storage space and plenty of RAM, etc. This morning, I updated it because it was a REQUIREMENT. I then played three Arena matches. During a fourth Arena match, my phone died (battery is weak and charger got unplugged). Knowing I forfeited the last match, I tried loading the game after my phone booted up fully. The message I received was “Failed to load assets. Remove the application and reinstall it from Google Play”. If I were to do that, I would lose 154 levels of game play! What gives? How would I get it back? I do not use Facebook and I never had ANY problems with the game before today after the update. ——————

As a test, I downloaded AB2 onto another old phone this morning (Samsung Galaxy Light quad core, no other apps on it other than factory, etc.) and it played fine UNTIL an ad with the following text loaded – “Sea Level Rise Is Flooding Your Island! Build A Sand Bag Wall To Help Slow The Rising Water.” I never saw that one before today. After loading ad, the screen became jumpy and the ad kept repeating itself without ever completing beyond the first few seconds. After about 2 minutes of this crap, I pressed my home button and nothing happened which is quite odd then eventually my phone screen turned black and did nothing for 3 minutes. Seeing as it had never happened before, I decided to wait it out and moments later, the game restarted. Everything worked quite well for about an hour and then when the SAME ad mentioned above came back on, my phone reacted the same way.

My advice is to NOT update AB2 at this time, which also means you cannot play the game until Rovio gets this issue worked out.

If I cannot somehow extract my game data for my original higher ranked game install, I will have to give up the game. This is very frustrating.  I never had ANY problems with AB-Space.

Thank you for any and all prudent advice.

panprusak
    @panprusak

same issue here, s7 edge

“your device is not compatible”

Flight Wingman
    @flightwingman

I am using an IPhone 6S. Finally was able to download the update after more than 12 and upwards of 15 tries. When I logged back in I discovered that I have lost my standing in the arena – from number 3, to number 6. This is very irking. I’ve also lost multiple turns at the arena, as well as treasure chest opportunities, not to mention the daily challenge. For someone who takes the game seriously, this is quite upsetting.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update 9th June '17 cannot be downloaded

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.