Unlocking Hal Event

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unlocking Hal Event

• Here we go again… 60,000 feathers needed to unlock him (or wait 6 days) and all feathers are green. And another event that ends before the 6 days. What a nice present once again. >:(

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • bill
    @bill-l

I accepted and sorry I did! BIG MISTAKE!

I really liked(NO I DIDN’T) waiting 9 days to see the green bird, only to find out I will have to wait another 6 days to actually get it!

Now I won’t get other feathers I need because of Rovio’s stupid antics!

SB311
    @sb311

I have already missed out on 15000 and 7500 green feathers. And keep missing them in the free common chests. :(

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Hey, at least Rovio is giving Hal the attention he deserves.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Thanks for warning! I hope it’s not forced and I can keep Hal sleeping…

garethw
    @garethw

Well I was one short of the 25 upgrades of the slingshot feat, so I paid the 1500 pearls to complete another 3xhat set which gave me 30000 feathers.

Then there was a 30000 green feather card as one of the other cards in a free rare chest, so I thought I’d risk the 80 gems and blow me down I got it.

So he’s unlocked, tricky bugger to use with most of the rooms you get though.

SB311
    @sb311

I’m not liking hal. Couldn’t get past first level of the event and of course you have to wait 30 minutes every fail.

It seems like he turns too wide and never goes back where you want him to go. The tutorial didn’t even have hal as a bird you could use so I didn’t get any practice.

I don’t understand his power because it seems like it will only work with certain structures whereas stella can take out most things and drop debris. Idk. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

As I recall from the original AB, he was useful in reaching pigs you couldn’t get to any other way (except spells), like at the bottom and behind an object. In some cases you had to aim him to the left of the slingshot or straight up so he’d flip back into the playing field. Didn’t do a thing to stone but okay with glass and wood. Specialized bird for sure and tricky to get right.

SB311
    @sb311

I’m stuck on level 4. Had to pay 60 gems on level 2 and 3 so I’m hoping to get the 10000 feathers while the double feather event is going on but I dont think I will make it to the 20000 reward.

His power is just so unpredictable and there are way too many wrench throwing pigs and  balloons that are in the way. :(

Update: I made it to level 6, but couldn’t beat it and I missed being able to try again by 2 minutes so I won’t be getting the 20k green feathers. Bummer but i knew i wouldn’t be able to beat it unless i paid tons of gems. Oh well…

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

Heh.. this isn’t going to work. 4k feathers so far, this sux..

SB311
    @sb311

I found a new aspect of Hal’s power. If you send him at the face of a structure and right before he would impact, you activate his power and he’ll pull the surrounding structure to the left, but it is difficult to judge.

Also, I’m not understanding why he comes down at an angle at times and then others he flies back horizontally. Seems the father you throw him out the more powerfully he comes back through the structures. The 30 minute wait time is ridiculous for such an unpredictable bird. :(

Can’t get past the 5th room of level 6 and there are 8 rooms once again.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

You cannot shoot Hal to the left of the slingshot and let it fly back to the field, as this game doesn’t allow you to send the birds backwards, the design of the stages in ab2 usually have one structure after another, and upside down crap floating everywhere that will obstruct Hal’s path. The gravity wells will also affect his path when activated.  Stella seems to be a better bird in this setting.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

In the previous AB games Hal could be shot backwards to fly at an angle and get hard-to-reach places, but not in AB2.  Weird for Rovio to remove one of the features that actually made him unique.  Hal is also another bird that can break stone blocks efficiently (or at least he used to).  His return flight used to also be more powerful than his sendoff flight too.

The angle he comes back at (without the interference from fans, gravity beams, etc) depends on the angle you shoot him from the slingshot.  If you want a wide arc, shoot him high;  if you want a tight arc shoot him more horizontally.  And it also depends on when you activate his arc… wait too late and he just falls out of the screen.

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

Well Im somewhat disappointed in hal. He seems to be somewhere between Chuck and Terence in breaking power, weak in frontal spinning attacks but strong spinning from behind. He breaks wood good, and can brake multiple towers if there made in wood, however stone he doesn’t penetrate that good but its ok, and the same goes for ice It would have been nice to control which way it should spin back, downwards or upwards

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Okay, dumb question. Can Hal and Matilda be woke up and used at the same time? I’d hate to try and lose the use of one of them after just waking him orher up.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@aggieguy: Mathilda? You mean Stella?
    I tried it yesterday: I was able to switch between the two of them, as long as the timer was still counting.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yes, Stella. Sorry, it was late and my brain was mush.

Buster
    @doulgas

Do you suppose we’ll have to buy hats for these new birds once they join the flock? I’ve been hoarding pearls just in case.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Unless they make them permanent flock members rather than keep them as they are now, most likely not.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve been assuming after all 3 have their debut we’d have to pick one to join the permanent flock. Maybe not. No way I’m throwing feathers to a bird I can only use 4 hours.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unlocking Hal Event

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.