Unlocking Bubbles Event

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unlocking Bubbles Event

• The event to unlock the last extra bird has started, if you accept the challenge, all the feathers collected will be Bubble’s, 60k is required, much the same as Stella and Hal.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
  • bill
    @bill-l

And 60k is too friggin’ many, and 6 days for us casual players is a damned joke! Rovio thinks every player is as foolish as those that PAY TO PLAY. I which case Rovio is a bunch of friggin’ idiots!

SB311
    @sb311

Wait, @angrybirdspoop, why are the feathers blue in that screen capture?

I have 26k feathers right now. I am so annoyed that the double feather event ended as this one started. :|

Unless I get lucky with another 15k feather card or two, I don’t think I will be getting the extra feathers in the event. The arena is a joke and so are the feather prizes. They really don’t care about anything but money with those lame orange feather offers. Whatever.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Last time at bananabirb event one account got the bird unlocked just in time before event ended. Just too late to use the event bird in event. With other account I got the bird unlocked just over two weeks ago and even then by starting the “feather exclusivity” for that bird second time!

Now main account has a whopping 2.635 feathers, while FTP account has accumulated 9.500 feathers. For some weird reason the FTP account seems to have an edge… again.

garethw
    @garethw

It’s a bit wank to say the least.

if somehow you manage to get the 60k feathers, another 10k is frankly neither here or there.

From memory I think I got a couple of ridiculous feather awards in rare chests, double feather was active at the time, for the stupid boomerang bird and actually got it nlocked in time, but it’s a waste of space.

Bubbles or whatever it’s called is quite a good bird in AB, but the problem is that you can only have one extra bird active at a time so what’s the point? Stella does what’s asked in theMEBC.

I suppose I shouldn’t be quite so cynical tonight as it looks as though I’m going to win a Legendary League without too much effort (300  points or so) which will keep me in gems for the next couple of months or so. :-))

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I wish the extra bird could be chosen of those opened, at the launch time.

Then again, I would like to choose greely what bird/spell I use, instead of stupid pre-chosen queque with only three first available at any time.

Oh, you got into good group, then! I usually try to say in Diamond league and stay in 4th or 5th to collect at least some coins/BP without having to get promoted into Legendary League. Of course if I would like to waste my time by playing more, I could go get that #1 place or two in Legendary League, but it’s not worth of all the time it takes daily. Also, it looks like I have only less than hundred ME spells left…

Having some gems is nice, but I’ve learned my lesson not to save too much of them, because the game will punish me by robbing good part of them in a way or other. The amount of gems lost that it took me to learn that is between 9.800-10.500 gems. :(

Apprentice
    @apprentice

Wonder if Stella is better than this new balloon nestling? I’ve invested some 400 000 feathers into Stella and I intend to do so in the future also. Or there is a big level difference like Hal and Stella do? Anyway, at this point I decided not to unlock Bubble event…

Buster
    @doulgas

@apprentice, there’s nothing to lose by unlocking the event. You’re not committed to anything except all the feather awards will go there during that period. You’ll get the extra bird in 6 days and even if you only scrounge up a few feathers, they will add to the bird’s power.

BTW, I personally don’t “invest” feathers in a bird I can only use part-time and which don’t contribute to slingshot upgrades. Whatever I manage to accumulate in the normal course of play is okay with me.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, “You’ll get the extra bird in 6 days and even if you only scrounge up a few feathers…”, you say? I did not get boomerang bird unlocked when its event ended. I had to start its “feather exclusivity” event second time just over two weeks ago to get the rest of the 60k feathers to unlock the useless banana birb.

Seemes like Rovio don’t have any kind of QC and it uses players as alpha testers. In that way their excuse of “experiments” lines up nicely.

Do I sound like I’m “a bit annoyed” by Rovio? No wonder, because the game just behaved again like poorly trained pet that sh*ts into owners shoes:

Imagine me being exited while getting a good ToF run after a long chain of bad ones. Getting closed to level 40 with Jackpot Egg. Using practically last of my gems to pass pig at level 38, only to get next green bacon at 39. Already feeling victorious, while launching video option… only to get black video screen and after a few seconds game crashing! Goodbye over 1k gems earned, goodbye big chunk of feathers, goodbye everything earned… and chance for level 40 with egg robbed. Just whopping 76 gems left and trying again ToF would cost 60 gems, so the game actually counted the first run while robbing me blind… again.

I’m (still) seriously questioning why I even bother to play any more. Maybe it’s because I don’t like to easily drop things I’ve invested time… or maybe It’s just an addiction to AB2?

Buster
    @doulgas

OK, that is weird. I have never reached the 60K threshold to unlock a new bird ahead of time, not even close, but after 6 days I got the bird along with whatever amount of feathers I had accumulated. Usually it left me a few hours to play the event.

They seem to have it in for you, @rawdatasystems. I wonder how many others have had that experience.

But I have had that TOF experience you describe a few times, and yes I do wonder how the system manages to forget all the accumulated rewards but remember how many gems I spent to get them. I’d shrug it off if I got the gems back but that has never happened.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, I got a few of those rare top feather awards then, but it was too late. Like now, the Bubbles Adventure ends day before Bubbles should get uncaged. Unless, of course, one gets 60k feathers collected before that.

It’s weird that the game is even more unfavorable with my main account, but every now and then the FTP account gets the ugly side of the game as well. Like it did now.

I think it’s partly because Rovio coders making patches on top of patches and then things naturally go haywire, because without extremely good documentation it’s really hard to be aware how all those affect to each other. At some point complete code rewrite of some extent may be neccessary.

Apparently some players abused ToF some kind of loophole and when Rovio finally got it “fixed”, they ignored the possibility that something within the game itself could go wrong. Blindly assuming that if game crashes and is closed means user tried to cheat, is ignorant and one sided view. Thinking their code is bug free is stupid beyond belief, so I can’t think other reasons for their apparent unability to fix these situations than lack of organization, qualified coders or just laziness.

It’s funny in some way how Rovio concentrates fixing bugs faster if player beneficts of them, but those that puts players at disadvantage will take longer or never gets fixed.

Last time I had actual fun was when my FTP account got my main account as an “opponent” in Arena and beat it. So… I won myself? :D

garethw
    @garethw

@rawdatasystems – yes I can normally tell in less than a day that the Legendary League will be a waste of time, in which case I’ll play a free game than watch a video to save a ticket, that’s all. Sometimes every two or three months an easier one will open up, but this was the easiest, I had double the 2nd place without really trying,

Agree with gems I’m normally between 2000-3000 all the time, tbh there’s not a huge amount to spend gems on – 80 to gamble if there’s a particularly nice card in the rare chests (which never seems to pop out), and maybe to finish a DC.

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, I was able to win this last tournament, but only because the person that was right behind me stopped playing all of yesterday. I had 200 more stars by the end of the tournament. :)

I’m taking a break this week to replenish spells and tickets, but the spell cards seem to be super hard to come by and I keep missing the 3x spell cards in the free and rare chests.

It seems like it takes at least 2-4 spells each match to win and get more than 5 stars. And the 5th level for 600 orange feathers is extremely difficult to win.

I am currently 60 stars behind the leader right now. Hopefully, I can restock and take first next tournament. We’ll see.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Depending how useful I find Bubbles after uncaging it, I may or may not invest feathers to it. I see extra bird useful only in DC/KPP/MEBC, unless it will have some specially suited events in future, too.

I had strange occurence in Arena recently, having “opponent” way (practically half!) lower FP than mine with both accounts. I was suspicious, of course, so I selected all five spells. I was right, because I nearly got my behind handed over on both accounts and only the extra bird saved my bacon. My birds did damage, but the points collected kept being low, while “opponents” collected points like crazy. Next round only main accounted had similar experience… with same results. That was weird experience…

Nowadays I only try to play Arena levels 1-3 and not use spells after that, usually soon dropping back to level 1 and repeating it once or twice per day. I don’t play Arena at all if I have extra bird active, as it raises FP unneccessarily, making “opponents” harder to beat.

I wish I could try Bubbles and train with it a bit before it’s uncaged.

BTW, those constantly appearing popups the last update brought are strating to annoy me.

Buster
    @doulgas

I find that arena opponents often have the extra bird even if I don’t. There seems to be no pattern. I’ve also found that sometimes a high-ranked opponent get a surprisingly low score, so I always fire at least a couple of birds to see if the wind is blowing that way.

The popups are insane. I always close the app (android) when not playing to save battery life and the same popups happen every time I log in. At least 2, often 3 in a row.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@sb311

I have no idea why are they awarding Blues’ feathers in Bubbles own event, but I certainly miss the precious chance to upgrade… Blues!?

I got the last 2 extra birds at around the second last day, got one 15k feathers card and winning a CvC battle were required to collect 60k feathers, by the time I uncaged the birds, the adventure has ended. I guess I can’t uncage Bubbles in time, I have only 12k feathers now.

Playing the arena is not a good idea to collect feathers, I don’t play as much as you guys, I tried to stay in the Diamond League the last couple of weeks, I have to score 150 stars to be safe last week. Sometimes I was matched with crazy opponents that made you lose 7 matches consecutively, these “rigged sequences” appeared every now and then, especially when Hal was activated. You can feel something is wrong when you need a ME spell to win level 1!

I usually don’t bring spells to the first 2 streak levels, bring 1 to level 3, and uses the chili, inflator and the ducks on level 4 as it is important to get the 2 tickets to keep the stock of tickets from declining.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to unlock bubbles after picking another 15k feather card. I think I will definitely be using him more than hal. I like his ability but he can’t break through stone/pumice. He can bump stone structures but they don’t always fall over. He seems to work best when you can burrow him through a structure and then activate his abilty sending everything flying. He also sends out a little burst when he pops which has taken out a couple of micropigs. :)

You can also pop balloons and still activate him like stella. It just sucks that he is only at level 67.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, I have feathers for Bubbles in main and FTP account only just 14.889 and 17.803 currently. I’ve not even seen 15k feather pot more than once in current event. Naturally, even then I missed it and got a whole pile of 20 BP instead.

garethw
    @garethw

No there’s been no big feather awards for me, been playing quite a lot and am barely over 10000.

12th Kitty
    @12thkitty

I have not gotten any large amount of bubbles feathers, except  for the 4K today and the ones I got bc of the clan vs  clan event.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

Just curious as to whether any of you completed the Bubbles adventure after uncaging?  I did after working on it for a day and a half, then spending for 3 xtra birds on last level…it was EIGHT freaking rooms!  🙄  That is getting utterly ridiculous!   I thought 6 was bad….

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I had no chance to even participate the “adventure”, as I got just 40k & 30k feathers for my accounts.

Oh, yes… I just found out that there’s yet another “event” going on. I feel like I’m not playing the game, but Rovio is playing me…

VL
    @vlp57

So my bubble bird is still showing as “locked.”  I chose not to go the route of trying to earn 60K feathers since that seemed like a waste with Hal and Stella.  If I try to unlock now, will it just do it automatically or will I need to earn feathers?

Buster
    @doulgas

Mine unlocked just now when I clicked on the card. I had about 25K feathers which gave me 60 fp.

VL
    @vlp57

Ugh.  It’s making me go through the whole 6 days or 60K feathers thing.  Not what I wanted to do!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@vlp57, sorry to hear that. I had the same unfortunate experience with the green boomerang bird.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unlocking Bubbles Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.