Unfair matchups

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unfair matchups

• What’s up with matching level 38 with level 68?
    Problem is matching 6,7,8 birds with 11,12,13 birds.
    What chance does the 38 have in that situation?
    Is that to be expected on arena battles?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • max
    @max-thunder

Bird up unhappy … bird up.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I noticed that too and have beat a bunch of them in win streaks…but they max out their credit cards to beat me. Also I’ve noticed if you buy gems they put you against tougher players to get you to spend them quicker..$50 worth of gems last about 2-3 days hope you have better days smashing piglets

Jim151
    @jim151

Bird up unhappy … bird up.

That’s a bit of a catch 22 isn’t it? He birds up, and then the opponents get tougher as well. Plus, in order to bird up, one must win those 500 feather battles, which is becoming well nigh impossible. Here’s my latest matchup in the 500 feather battle: My birds are 5 11’s and 2 10’s. My opponent is 3 15’s, 1 16, 2 17’s, with all 5 spells. I’ll play it for grins, but I expect to lose by 3-4 million.

edit: Lost by 3.5 million, taking all 5 spells and the free video bird.

Jim151
    @jim151

Well, this is a new one. After getting killed on the previous battle, I just won 11.6 million to 0. That’s right, the opponent scored 0. Obviously it’s some sort of glitch.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’ve been top bird of my league for about a month..losing is good it makes you work to out think your tougher opponents and once you get knocked down start another streak ASAP! I’m hamming it up bigtime for happy ham eating…? ??

Penz
    @penz

I’d love for Rovio to explain how some people seem to constantly face opposition with spells while others never do?? I can’t remember the last time I faced someone/a bot with spells, I’d say it’s at least a couple of months. I play the arena quite a bit and complete the 7th streak 2-3 times a day, I usually use spells on 3,5,6 & 7 to compensate for facing higher level birds. So it’s not like I never use spells so neither do my opponents.

Jim151
    @jim151

losing is good it makes you work to out think your tougher opponents

What does this even mean? My goal is to score as many points as possible, independent of what the opponent is doing. At no time do I have any idea what the opponent is doing. the only information I have is what his score is after each fling. How does one outthink that? I mean, how much deeper than “Oh, my opponent just got 1.7 million with that fling, I had better get as many points as I can.” or “Oh, my opponent got only 300K with that fling, I had better score as many points as I can because he’ll probably get 1.7 mil next time.” can one get?

Jim151
    @jim151

I’d love for Rovio to explain how some people seem to constantly face opposition with spells while others never do?? I can’t remember the last time I faced someone/a bot with spells, I’d say it’s at least a couple of months.

I frequently see spells. Maybe 20% of the time. Until the above post I had never seen 5, but 3 is not uncommon.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’ve been playing angry birds since it was just an eaglet. Be almost 60 I know eggactly what I mean…the more some nubbies play the better they become.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’ve been playing angry birds since it was just an eaglet. Be almost 60 I know eggactly what I mean…the more some nubbies play the better they become.

IOW, eggactly what I wrote. Try to score as many points as possible with each fling.

Penz
    @penz

I spoke too soon, finally faced some spells. Was on the 6th streak and they had 2 spells , I was expecting a 5 speller on the 7th streak but they didn’t have any, just all level 17 birds which is pretty normal.

Luna Negra
    @niko-saarinen

I normally don´t bother complaining in these forums but I have to say that compeating opponents 40 level higher than you even at 3rd streak is making me loose interest in the game. When the system got harder on all aspects in one sweep it has made me loose to even the first opponen in the arena at times. No way I can beat the 3rd streak these days when before that I could run the streak 2 times around in a row. It´s pretty impossible to win if the opponen gets 3 times higher score with every bird than you, not even 500 gems used will help here.

The arena is broken and I am totally frustrated in AB2 right now.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Luna – I play people 40 levels LOWER than me and still lost by 1m points! Rovio have given up trying to be fair and just want us to pay money to play their game.

I’m not falling for it.

I’m out

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I agree with you Luna I’ve beat players much higher than I and beaten by lower too. It’s just a game and if I lose I just get back in line 1 and keep going.

Anonymous

Well, they are definitely doing something again and I don’t like it. Ever since they introduced those god forsaken black pearls it’s impossible to get into the top3 without 600 stars or more (in the first few weeks the 1st usually took 7-800 stars minimum). On the good side though I had a chance to complete a streak finally which was nigh impossible before as I was constantly and greatly outmatched by 2-3 bird levels and lots of spells while I had none and matched against players who were many levels above me (often 10 or 20). But around last week they tweaked something again and now I’m struggling again, even on the first 2 levels against players who have birds at least 2 level below mine on average, also now it’s gradually harder the more your progress on your streak!

Putte
    @puttekula

The feeling is the higher you get in the Arena ranking, the tougher it gets.
    But I dont care, just pay and play…..

Boy, I feel like a millionaire. :o)

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’ve had arena match days it seemed I couldn’t get a streak going, no money to gem up etc.. But you just keep playing and climbing up one bird at a time…breathe in and breathe out and remember…it’s just a game

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

2 weeks already without winning a single complete serie. Man, this is annoying.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

These days at most I get in the 4th streak, mostly just 1 before I have decent games and lost over 1 million at the end. 3 weeks or so ago I can get all 7 streaks without using gems and only using cheaper spells like duck, icicle, and pepper.

Getting demoted is the path I am taking. I am not going to pay them for gems. If they bring back the arena routine from June 2016 I will think about it. Don’t forget the leaderboard shuffles as well.

Spuck
    @spuck

Seems I’ve been put against way higher people just recently. I mean 320 vs 415 and such. Just had a 330 vs 379 – with 3 spells on top. Seems to be this way since the last update. I have a feeling they want ppl to spend more spells… The biggest gap in my favor, is mostly like 5. Against…I get loads…plús spells…

TripH0P
    @triph0p

I agree,  the matches have been much more unbalanced in the opponent’s favor the last few days. I think there was a silent update to speed of ToH and increase arena difficulty. I just played someone with 50+ higher flock power…Not fair at all

Shiggy
    @shiggy

I just fought against a player 103+ more flock power than me

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I can deal with most opponents and their higher flock power. What I csnnot deal with is the much higher chance you encounter opponents with higher flock power and spells. Sometimes I face opponents, that just seem to be bad players. But whenever I face +60-70 fp and three spells, I face godlike players.

Matt
    @mattydh

I’m getting +40 higher on streak 6 and +80 higher on streak 7 on all my rounds since the update. This is at flock power 420. I’m now going into streak 7 with 5 spells, though actually I haven’t really needed all of them.

Good way to flush out any remaining infinite spell’ers???

Apologies if someone meets me during their arena round!!!

TripH0P
    @triph0p

The unfairness has gotten to the point where I wont play the arena unless I have 2 spells I can use and even that might not be enough…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unfair matchups

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.