Tying scores to specific time blocks

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Tying scores to specific time blocks

• To get the best scores in the competitions, you need to do a lot of runs between 22:00 and 2:00 GMT. I.e., between 6-10 pm Eastern time. I.e., between 3-7 pm Pacific time.

To date, that’s been easy for me; I live in a household of 2 self-employed people, who don’t generally take their meals together. But I haven’t spent as many gems buying runs as I have in previous competitions, as they seem partially “wasted” except in the 150% bonus time block or perhaps, if there is one, in the 100% bonus period. And that’s even though I think the other consequence of the squad bonus system — making it a good idea to vary the TFs you compete with — has really added to the fun.

Further — a week from now I’ll travel to the West Coast for a combination of business and family stuff; 3-7 pm may not work well for me at all. Perhaps it won’t even make sense for me to seriously compete. For a lot of people, perhaps that’s their experience even at home.

I’m not sure that this idea of Rovio’s to greatly reward people for playing at specific times of day is really all that good a plan.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“To get the best scores in the competitions, you need to do a lot of runs between 22:00 and 2:00 GMT. I.e., between 6-10 pm Eastern time. I.e., between 3-7 pm Pacific time.”

That’s because for most of the days in this competition so far, the first two and last two hours of the competition day has been with the “Rescue Bots” squad (+150%) as the bonus buddies.

That’s not the case for today (Day 7) though, as Rovio’s chosen to start it with Variant Versions (+50%).

TheRedBird
    @redbird-justin

nice for sharing,but please dont share your private life.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@redbird-justin,

I’m sorry that you were displeased with my post. I’ll try to do better next time.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

The times seem most suitable to some time zones, however, in mine (GMT +10) the best bonuses seem to happen during working hours.
    I know it will never happen but it would be nice for Exient to take a world view and vary competition start and finishing times.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

“I know it will never happen but it would be nice for Exient to take a world view and vary competition start and finishing times”

I’m curious what the geographic breakdown is like for the ABT playerbase. I’d suspect that Rovio’s selection of start/end time is based on when the majority of its players are likely to be online.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@optimuspig Rovio is based in Finland which is gmt + 2 I think. Starting a comp on a Saturday morning at 2am their time which I think is the time the current competition started does not seem logical if they are targeting Finnish players so I would suggest they are targeting the Americas

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

That’s what I was getting at, but I didn’t want to be accused of Americentrism.

Also don’t forget about Asia! If they have a lot of players in Asia then the daily competition would be starting in the morning for them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Tying scores to specific time blocks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.