Transformers Crash; Game is Completely Reset

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Transformers Crash; Game is Completely Reset

• I was playing ABT on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.4. Google Play started autoupdating a few apps. ABT play became sluggish and then the game crashed and my phone restarted automatically. Immediately upon getting to the home screen, the intro ABT video started playing and that went right into the demo level with Optimus. The game map loads and all my cleared levels are gone. All my characters are gone (I was at level 221), as well as all of my popped pigs (~56,000), coins (~500,000), and gems (650). I paid for Jenga mode a few months ago and that is gone too. I tried force-stopping the app, no luck; clearing the cache, no luck; restarting the phone, no luck. I have not cleared the data, in the hopes that my progress is in there somewhere. I just sent a support request in to Rovio. Is there anything else I can or should do? Has anyone had any success in getting their game level/stats corrected after a crash like this? My understanding was that there was no way to back up one’s progress in ABT anywhere such as to the cloud, otherwise I would’ve tried that. The only thing I knew how to do was take a screenshot so that in the event of crash Rovio could use as proof of my progress.

I’ve been playing this game basically since it came out and have put up with the last 3+ months of the levels not clearing bug and frequent app crashes, but never had experienced a crash that completely wiped my game progress. If my progress can’t be restored, I’m guessing my days playing ABT will be over. It just won’t be worth it to start all over from the beginning.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

Happened with me in ab go. But other than that, if you have at least a Rovio account, you should be fine

wackybadger
    @wackybadger

If only that were the case. AB Transformers cannot be backed up to the cloud. I heard back from Rovio and the best they can do is to restore my Jenga mode and give me 400 gems. Ridiculous. I have screenshots that prove I reached level 221 with 500,000 coins, 56,000 pigs, and 650 gems. I’m done with this game until it can be backed up online and I may be done altogether due to Rovio’s unwillingness to help.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@wackybadger You’re not alone – the update wiped my progress too, and my progress was rank 250, 10M coins, 130K pigs and 4500 gems. However, I had created a backup of all this progress, but it only works on v1.3.21, the version prior to this update. Let’s hope an update will come that will remove the data wipe issue. I got a message from Rovio that they are working on a fix for this issue, so there’s some hope for those that created backups.

teorouge
    @teorouge

Hey guys, please see here, maybe there’s hope! :)

v1.4.19 supports cloud sync via Facebook and/or Google Play

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Transformers Crash; Game is Completely Reset

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.