Token Exchange rip off…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Token Exchange rip off…

• I’ve been thinking for awhile that the items (especially the crates) in the Token Exchange are a rip off. Take the “Open 10 Gold Crate”. This cost 7500 tokens. No if I had no tokens and wanted to exchange gems, that would cost me 3750 gems. But hang on, if I went to the Crate Shop, I could get the same deal for 1800 gems, over 50% cheaper. Likewise the “Open 1 Gold Crate” costs 200 gems in the Crate Exchange, but would cost the equivalent 500 gems if bought in the Token Exchange- 150% more expensive.

As for the Steel Crates, why would anyone spend 3000 tokens to “Open 10 Steel Crate” when you could exchange 1500 tokens for 150000 coins and buy in the Crate Exchange for a 100% saving.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

I think that the whole idea behind the discrepancy in the buying of gold crates is, that most players don’t want to spend a lot of their valuable gems to buy stuff, when they can also buy them with tokens.
    So maybe this is just a way to tempt players to spend (and buy!!) gems, whilst thinking how clever they are by discovering this “trick”.

As for the buying of steel crates, this “trick” might be a way to get them cheaper, but many players have already an excess of coins, so it’s not that interesting. Only if you don’t have many coins it might be an interesting alternative if you want to get steel crates.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

It’s easier to get 7500 tokens than it is to get 1800 Gems… unless there’s an easier way to get Gems that I’m unaware of (which is possible, as I’ve only been playing for about 6 months).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Token Exchange rip off…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.