Tips on how to survive mortar strikes

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Tips on how to survive mortar strikes

• I know that a lot of you are wondering how to survive the fireballs those annoying mortars shoot. If you think that the Energon Shield, Energon Airstrike and outdriving are the only ways to deal with them, you are mistaken. Turns out that if you don’t have the Energon Shield/Airstrike, you don’t have to outdrive the fireballs, but the opposite – you have to get hit directly by them. I’ve tried it and the result is that when I get hit directly, the static and hearts don’t appear, which means that no damage was taken. On the other hand, if a fireball hits the ground next to your transformer, the static and hearts will appear, which means damage was dealt to your transformer.

Oh, and I don’t know if it’s exclusive, but you can actually destroy the fireballs when playing as Grimlock (doesn’t matter which). I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but if you hold down your finger on the screen, you’ll enable manual targeting, and that’s how Grimlock is able to destroy the fireballs. If other transformers are able to destroy fireballs, let me know which ones by writing them down in this topic.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • BlackKyurem3DS
    @blackkyurem3ds

That would certainly explain why when those fireballs directly hit me I didn’t recieve any damage. Very interesting.
    Thanks for the tip!

Red7827
    @gulgor0

The fireballs was always directly hitting me, and i was still taking damage, strangely… Anyway, using the shield or just ignoring it works too. It just gives you 30 coins upon being destroyed)

Anonymous

@mighty-red-1 Nice! This will definitely help me when I get to these deadly things.

Three Blues
    @abhisheksarith

When I get hit directly, My transformer does not get harmed but my energon Starscream is harmed whether it is hit directly or not.

dmsral
    @dmsral

Hmm, I hadn’t noticed. I’ll have to play around with it.

I like to blow up the towers in Jenga mode when Grimlock is the first character. He’s a pain to get through the jumps properly so I just fully accelerate him as soon as the button appears. He hits a few coins and and fails an early jump. The tower should still be in the screen when the second character appears so come out firing. You can usually destroy it and the explosion causes other damage. It’s an easy way to get well over 500 coins.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@abhisheksarith I’ve got some good news for you – Energon Starscream can destroy fireballs too, in the same way Grimlock can.

Three Blues
    @abhisheksarith

I wish I could but when I tried it, the lasers just went through the mortar missile. I don’t know whether it is a bug or not.

Anonymous

I don’t know why people are having so much trouble with the Mortar Towers. They are easy for me even when I first encountered them. I just go full force on them and just wait until they explode. My armor can usually handle it. My Transformers are level 6 by the way.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@partshade Just wait until you reach the point when those mortars start shooting about 4 or maybe even more fireballs at once.

Three Blues
    @abhisheksarith

There is also a point when you get 2-3 walking mortar towers shooting so many mortars that it appears as if it is raining mortars.

h82loze
    @h82loze

Looks like they made these harder in the update, 1.2.13. Taking a direct hit now inflicts damage unlike before.

Also, Galvatron and Energon Galvatron can destroy the fireballs.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

This is a good tip, but it can get harder, esp if there are multiple Mortar Towers shooting at the same time, along with those pigs with the triangle shaped shooters all going at you at once!

Joshua Kyle Bata-anon Isidro
    @joshua-kyle-bata-anon-isidro

Well, you can transform to your vehicle mode to avoid the fireballs(time it right, transform when all of them are recharging)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Tips on how to survive mortar strikes

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.