Time travel issue?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Time travel issue?

• Hi! I’m new to the forums. I received the new Halloween update. It was pretty great and I was at the top of the leader board for the most pumpkins. However, a few hours ago I opened my app and I had a strange message about time travel and I went from a 220-something level to 172. My crystals went to only 3, I loss major coins and all of my characters are back to level 5 or 6. I had most of my guys anywhere between level 8-15. I checked to see if something had happened to the date and time on my iPad, and apparently something happened. I’ve adjusted the date and I still can’t get back to where I left off originally. I also had to start over in the Halloween competition. I went from first place to nothing! I’m pretty bummed because I put in a lot of time to build up my characters and coins. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just a glitch and will resume to normal?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@dr-doom Setting your time settings back to normal will NOT restore your character levels. However, you can try sending Rovio a support request asking to restore your progress from a time before your characters were reduced, e.g. if your characters were reduced on October 27, ask them to restore your progress from October 26. I once had Rovio restore my progress this way (although it was done to fix some glitches), so there’s a good chance they’ll do the same for you.
    P.S., always keep your time settings on auto, because there’s always a chance any time adjustments will trigger the anti-cheat system and your characters will be reduced, especially if you have the game running in the background.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

do you have a screenshot of the time travel message

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

Thank you. I will try contacting Rovio! I usually have my date & time set to auto, but I have no clue what happened. The date was off and even the clock was ahead by several hours. I appreciate the feedback!

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

No, I didn’t think to take a screen shot. It was only up for a few seconds, enough time for me to read what it said.

sheepybach
    @paul13

It goes something like

“Time Travel Weirdness has been detected. Some or all of your xxxxxxxxxx have been affected/ badly affected”

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

Yes, it says something like that.

I’ve reset the date and time. Last night I was level 172, jumped to 174. Then this morning I was at 142 and now my level is at 200. I haven’t changed any of my settings. I’m not sure what is going on now. Each time my level changes my coins and crystals are effected. Grr!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Uh, what’s going to happen when the time actually changes this Saturday night?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

I don’t recall anything bad happening back in the spring, or last fall either.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

That’s true, I don’t recall any problems back then either, however I don’t recall anyone getting the time travel bug that who had not adjusted the time/date.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Time travel issue?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.