Throwing in the towel

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Throwing in the towel

• I think I’m officially done playing. Rovio wants to make these events , and waste so much time for countless amount of items. 3 attempts a day. No more islands, no more pigs, no more free gems, and even after only giving us 3 tries , you take off 15 seconds, add more pigs, and make it more difficult , to than give me 2 more A items.

If the next pig raid is useless , I’m seriously just going to store the game away for a long time and if they cancel the game so be it. Just hate to think I actually wasted money for this company to continue a great game, biggest mistake. I’ll think of it as money loss because I can’t keep playing because I’ve invested like 20 bucks in a game. I’ve invested more on real games and loss before so this isn’t the first time.

Rovio you ruined this game, so thank you , thank you , for letting greed take over the customer needs.

I’m done…….

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • OxfordRob
    @oxfordrob

Rovio do this. They lure us in with a good game and then slowly chip away at it until it lost all appeal and you can no longer do a thing on it unless you pay them extortionate amounts of money.

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@oxfordrob , isn’t it a bit peculiar that Rovio made the challenge a lot more difficult, in order to force users to spend gems , and now a super big value pack is available. I promise I’m not ever spending a dime again. They reeled me in at first , but I will no longer be bait. Others say they need money to further the game but that’s bologna. Over 10 million downloads , and over 15 varieties of different games, they seriously need to step it up.

Shadowlerks
    @shadowlerks

@cokencola

In no way am I trying to step on any toes here but I had to chime in.

You guys have to consider the information that ROVIO has that you don’t. Every business has a primary goal: to grow and sustain.

Their decision to put in Egg Quest may or may not be the correct one but it is based on data and information that you and I both don’t have.

Entertain this scenario from a business perspective: ROVIO has data & research that leads them to believe something like the Egg Quest will bring in more customers from a certain demographic. It may cause a few loyal players to be unhappy and possibly quit. However, if they bring in thousands of new players, for them it’s worth it. This happens in every single business model for every single business.

Currently, ROVIO may be spending its efforts on acquisition rather than retention.

Every new idea has hiccups and bumps. Any great idea BECOMES a great idea & almost none are born out of thin air and perfect. You really seem to enjoy this game a lot as do I. Be patient & give it a chance. If you were in their shoes, you may find yourself doing the exact same thing they are.

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@shadowlerks
    I understand the “business” aspect, but you also have to consider that theirs problems existing within this event. No one had complaints for the first few days. Everyone got at least one SS item, after having to deal with the failure of the “perfect combo quest”. The egg rescue was a great break. The problem arose once they made an update, cut the timer by 15 seconds, filled the board , and added an extra level of difficulty for new players and veterans. How can this idea bring in new players , if the veterans are having issues? It’s not difficult as if it’s not possible to win. It’s the aspect of having us wait 24 hours to recieve crappie items. Being that most players want to play the “special slot” we may or may not spend gems. It’s a prolonged attempt of wasting the players time, and fattening the pockets of the whales. In business being the fat cat , owning the monopoly , of course you’ll do whatever it takes to bring more people. More players more revenue, but to change an event for the worse ?!? Seems a little greedy to me. If Rovio wants to make the quest harder , and force us to use gems, give us an opportunity to get gems other than 5 gems every week. Monster event we receive 15 or 16 gems, arena 5, why are these quest, not awarding anything like the rest of the events. Guess without a new island , new pig events , I’ve loss all incentive. The perfect combo quest had so many holes , but Rovio made up for it with unlimited attempts , 4 wins per day x in order to avoid players the itch to spend gems. But for the egg quest they did the opposite. That’s our issue , can’t give everyone gold, than take it back and turn it into plastic.

Shadowlerks
    @shadowlerks

@cokencola

Point well made good sir. I sure hope they stop by and read some of these threads.

micho
    @vmicho

failure of the “perfect combo quest” ? Dunno, but I do not consider “easy” as same as “good”. I like that some events are easier and some more challenging. If everything is easy, it makes no fun neither.
    Also for the new quests: They do not bring anything (no gems/score…) except probably some more minigames and some items. I like I do not need to play – like for the raids events, you need to play multiple times per day if you want to get ranked. So I like to have a break :)

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@vmicho , failure constitutes to the perfect puzzle quest being broken. It wasn’t the difficulty which effected some players, it was the broken slots (never ending loading sign) , the counter resetting before 3 plays were done ( 1 item grab, 24 hour wait ) . I don’t mind having a break from the 11 day monster events , but at least you get multiple gems, thousands of coins, reasonable items, ship parts (if needed) and can join teams and actually have fun. Us regular players play 3 times and than wait 24 hours while other players cheat the system and play the slots 50 times , getting all 4 SS items, 5 ☆ each. I think these quest are way to long and should be 4 days not 11 days. I love arena , and it’s perfect that it last 4 days , why should quest last as long as monster raids??? Just doesn’t make sense

TomT
    @tomt

@cokencola

I agreed. Couple times I actually had trouble collecting the prizes after beating level 10. But since the prizes were so mediocre, it didn’t bother me one bit.

This game does seem like it’s being run by amateur programmers. I don’t know about other Rovio games, but Fight! Is just so unprofessional, from their outdated website, Facebook, all the way to simple image problem (it still shows Chuck on the Blues arena banner).

But hey, the game is free to play, and I have not spent a dime, so, I shouldn’t complain.

micho
    @vmicho

This game does seem like it’s being run by amateur programmers.

Outsourced to India, judging from the support quality :D

TomT
    @tomt

@vmicho

It’s just that there are some bugs that really shouldn’t be there at all. It’s either bad programming, or they didn’t spend enough time testing it before they release any update.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@tomt, I think you hit the nail on the head. From the 2 week inability to open Slot which started with update for Perfect Combo Quest, it was obvious this update wasn’t properly tested. Before it was fixed on 15th or 16th day, the released an update which still failed to resolve issue. Clearly they failed to ensure the updates worked & could not have cared any less about consumers/player. There was NO compensation!

TomT
    @tomt

@vmicho

@justpast40

Does Rovio have a contact number? Maybe we should call them and see if they actually answer the phone with some kind of Punjabi accent.

micho
    @vmicho

It’s either bad programming, or they didn’t spend enough time testing it before they release any update.

As a professional system tester myself, I can tell for sure their testing is nearly non-existing.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Throwing in the towel

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.