The Slalom Hat Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Slalom Hat Adventure

• The Winter Sport Hats are in the TOF. Can’t play until tomorrow once again though. :(

Hope I can get my regular 4 hats without having to spend too many gems since I am running low.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

So… it’s the time to miss all new hats from ToF, again? ;)

SB311
    @sb311

I hate how they don’t switch up the hat order in the TOF and give us the chance to get Matilda, or silver or Terrence as the first hat or second hat. I thought maybe it was the same as the week order but they put bomb as the fourth so why can’t they change the other ones.

I never get to have them wearing the new hats because once the event is over, I buy the hats I didn’t get to upgrade my slingshot and change back to my highest level hats. :/

I know it’s to get people to spend money on gems, but it’s getting boring/repetitive. Idk.

Angry Turd
    @puffs

Done deal. Level 7 took about ten tries before a proper bird order was established.

Viking Birds #76330 = 1000 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds II #190105 = 850 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds³ #212732 = 700 FP (or higher)

____   ___.__ __   .__                __________.__           .___      
    \   \ /   |__|  | _|__| ____   ____   \______   |_________  __| _/______
     \   Y   /|  |  |/ |  |/    \ / ___\   |    |  _|  \_  __ \/ __ |/  ___/
      \     / |  |    <| | | / /_/ >  |    |   |  ||  | \/ /_/ |\___ \ 
       \___/  |__|__|_ |__|___|  \___  /   |______  |__||__|  \____ /____  >
                      \/       \/_____/           \/               \/    \/ 

Official Clan Rules: rules.vikingbirds.com
    Discord Group Chat: join.vikingbirds.com

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Seven rooms?! If I get more than 1 or 2 hats, I may just get the first level/chest, but I have no intentions of even trying more. Hat event or not, ToF was full of pigs today for me. Again.

Buster
    @doulgas

As usual I drew pigs on levels 2 & 4 and surrendered to the inevitable. In the past I’ve found the TOF gets more generous in the last few days of the current adventure.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get red and blues hats even after hitting a pig on the first floor, but stopped because I didn’t have any gems left to spare if I were to hit another pig at 100 gems.

I was able to get through level 1, but I think I need at least chuck to get past level 2. This one seems a bit more cluttered than past events. I’ll try again tomorrow.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get Chuck, but I can’t make it through level 2. Definitely seems like they increased the difficulty.

I’m hoping to get bomb but I’m sticking to only paying 20 gems and 50 if I am on a good run. Made it to floor 20 today before I had to give up. Hope I can get to thirty and get his hat. How is everyone else doing?

Buster
    @doulgas

I have red, blue, and bomb and got through level 2 after a few tries, but it’s not going well in level 3.

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas, I think I need bomb for level 2 because I can’t cause enough damage to get a spell. I’ll keep trying with my three birds but I’m not really putting much effort into it.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

I have a bomb and it’s not helping me much on this challenge. On other challenges I would usually get through the first 4 or 5 rounds in less than a hand full of try’s, not this one though. Instead of progressively getting more challenging and having more rooms, this one starts out pretty tough with more rooms than they use to start with. At this point during previous events I’d be constantly replaying the last couple of levels by now  but not this time. I don’t get me wrong I’m not complaing about a challenge, that’s what this game is based on and why I love it. I just don’t like it when it seems like the odds are constantly stacked against you. I find this event I’m not really participating in, I let it frustrate me too much so it’s not worth it. If it’s not fun anymore I’ll pass thank you.

***This rant is brought to you by a fairly new player, only playing 9 months and almost at level 1000, for this challenge I have 6 birds only I’m missing Terrance. Actually now that I got all this out of my system I don’t think I really went back and tried to play after getting all 6 birds so I will now and who knows my feelings about the event just might change after that.

SB311
    @sb311

I still only have my three birds because once again I hit my second pig before the 5th floor so I gave up.

I almost beat the second levelx but of course, the pig that changes the birds into other things like rocks, rockets screwed up my shot with chuck. I was left needing one bird to take down the last structure. :(

Jacob
    @cobby

These events are somehow throwing the money away for gems. I can’t even get to floor 30! Intentionally, reaching there would be like the beginning of a staircase to heaven (then falling down the stairs after like 5 floors.)

800 gems? You must be lucky, as you casually spend them at every fail for 3x hats. Now, since you completed the hat-set, prepare yourself for the amazing “adventure” that isn’t even your skill!

I don’t understand how some users on ME training can complete it in 3 days. ;/

Honestly, it would be better to earn them by completing bonus challenges, instead of having to deal with 4 dreadful cards. Nothing hard or too easy, just medium.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

First event of this kind was fun and a few after it were manageable. Nowadays I may play first level if I have at least 3-4 birds. Other than that, I don’t bother. Less birds? Too few and wrong ones. Going further? Not worth of time, because of being more stressful and no fun.

Basically, I may play first level. After that, it’s just waiting for event being over and buying the rest of the hats form Hat Shop to complete the set.

Buster
    @doulgas

Wise decision. I have had 4 birds for several days and can barely make it to the last room of level 3, much less clear it. The rewards are too paltry to invest time and gems.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’ve got Red, Blues, and Bomb, but still cannot get past level 2. I can sometimes make it to the 4th room with 1 bird, usually earning another, but always leaving one structure remaining. Plus there is a miner pig.

Buster
    @doulgas

I don’t think it matters which birds you have, I think it’s how many. I haven’t been able to manage a strike at any level. After several attempts with 4 birds I finally made it to the last room of level 3 and destroyed everything except one micropig hiding under a pile. 60 gems would have ended my pain but I ain’t spending gems on a level 3.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

I can only get Blues and Red, hit 2 pigs before 5 or 10th floor everyday. Maybe I have to skip this event.

Nik
    @nik-handson

I’ve managed to get Red, Blue and Chuck and can’t make it past the 3rd room after a few attempts. It’s just not worth bothering with these adventures anymore.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I finally made it through round 2 with just Red, Blues, and Bomb, but it was complete luck. You’ve got to use Bomb to clear the first room completely, which means flying debris has to kill pig sitting on the balloon supported structure. After that, it just requires perfection and luck to finish it.

Now, I’ve only made it to the last room in round 3 once, and couldn’t clear it. I now have Chuck, but he’s not a big help. I guess if I get lucky maybe, but the one time I made it to the final room with one pig remaining, it was in a spot where I wasn’t sure even Bomb could get him, so I didn’t pay 60 gems to continue.

SB311
    @sb311

I made it through level 2 with my three birds, but I don’t think I will be able to get through level 3 without bomb and I have had no luck getting to level 30 and there is no guarantee I will pick it my first time either. :/

Joe B.
    @joeb

Im fine with the difficulty/challenge aspect if It were at least possible to fairly finish the levels with a low bird amount..I’m right there with Buster having 4 birds and no luck even getting to the last room on level 3. I’ve gotten better at defeating the obstacles even with bomb but again no spells awarded in rooms and the birds simply run out.

Honestly, I think they made it so you have to have almost all birds to get through even the early levels now. We used to have a chance with 1 or 2 birds but not now.  I’m more motivated to beat the level than the feathers because I could’ve gotten 5x the amount by playing the arena by now lol

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Seems you could get a spell card in the first room of a level and use that card to get another in the past, but you couldn’t do this anymore in this event. The meter fills up slower now, can’t get two cards in one shot. Completed level 1 with 2 birds haven’t try level 2 yet.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve received a spell most times when I can birdie the first room on L3, but it’s always a hot pepper that I end up having to use for an isolated pig and it doesn’t do much for the meter.  I’ve never come close to a strike on any of the rooms and I can’t even see how I might possibly play it smarter, not with only 4 birds.

If this is L3 I can only imagine what 7 must be like. I think I’d rather spend the morning mowing the lawn even though it has snow on it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Slalom Hat Adventure

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.