The Hotrods! – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Hotrods! – New Event!

• Before making the announcement of the new event, i must apologize for not be able making one sooner. Some personal reasons kept me away from internet and i have to deal with personal real life issues.

Another new event is here… “Hotrods” is the leading squad. ONE bot and NO Eneize/con.
    Top prize is Drift.

Good luck people and have fun.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 2: missiles

Normally I’d be thrilled to see this, but not when the TF I’m using is Dead End.

So, what are people’s thoughts?  A Grimlock with regular bonus, or Dead End with 4X bonus?

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Better use dead end and watch a lot of video’s ;)</p>

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig Dead End only needs about a 1/3 the score of a Grimlock.

Tobyjug
    @tobyjug

When using deadend do you keep your finger on the screen continually, or tap when you need ? I have got too used to using energon starscreem that has continuous fire  and find deadend slower than I remember.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@tobyjug I tap where needed. Since he shoots two bursts, I’ll sometimes tap and then quickly tap somewhere else if the first target only needs one shot.

Updated to correct the number of bursts.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ended Day 4 with 12,900 tokens and spent 12,000 of those to overpower Dead End to L20.

Been taking a bit of a different approach the past week.  Usually if I really want something and want to try maxing out the Challenge, I’ll start playing in the first or second hour, just so I’ll be able to get 26 or 27 “natural” runs (forcing myself to wake up in the middle of the night).  I’m just too old and tired to do that any more, so now I’m not even starting to play until the next morning and I’ve been recharging like crazy.

From Days 1 through 4, I’ve spent 70, 210, 130, and 210 gems respectively.  I’ve managed to max out the Challenge on three of those days, and place First on three of those days (not the same three days – on Day 1 I managed to come in first but only hit the 150K threshold in the Challenge; and Day 2 was a bugger as I was able to hit the 200K threshold, but the guy in First was so far ahead of me I didn’t even bother to chase).

So I played a little harder than I perhaps needed to.  But you never know what they’re going to throw at you next, and with Day 5 as Sharktihog day, I may just skip it to avoid total boredom, so the gems were worth it just to save my sanity.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

And you were right doing that Optimus haha.. Shartihog day seems to have a scoring bug?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Not sure why I’m bothering with today.

Three hours (7 runs) in, and #1 already had 350K points.  He’s not even fully promoted.  There’s no way the gems he’s spending on recharges could possibly be worth it.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

This whole event has been like that for me.  1st place is always some “player” with a significantly lower promotion level but an untouchable score.  They seem to have stopped even pretending that they are real people.  I have no idea how you place first so often.

moi
    @moifirst

@fortressmaximus
    I think the most logical explanation is that they are indeed real people, but they are profiting from the gem glitch, which occurred in the beginning of this game several years ago.
    In that way they can recharge endlessly without hardly making a scratch on their stock of gems.

If however their scores are astronomically high (e.g. several billions) then they are probably either cheaters or not real people.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

@moifirst,  if someone has a huge gem stash from the old glitch, why would they bother to play 50 runs a day, or whatever?  They could simply unlock everything without playing at all.  Moreover,  with all those gems, they should be fully promoted by now, not running 100% behind.

moi
    @moifirst

@fortressmaximus
    Yeah, the human mind remains a mystery. But I can imagine, that people would do this, just to show the world how good they are, by being first in the leaderboard. Maybe some compensation for an inferiority complex or something like that? (Although I must admit that I’m not a shrink.)

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I did manage to get 3 first places this event with two times 2 recharges and one time 3 recharges, was running with 720% promo. The other days 3th  place and two times 4th place with 1 recharge. Got enough tokens for 1 overpower and the golden crates, open them later today. I’d say not to bad for spending this amount of gems.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Crates were great again!! Dead-end overpowered with tokens and 2 overpowers from the crates :) )  

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Hotrods! – New Event!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.