The Chocolate (Hat) Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Chocolate (Hat) Adventure

• We all know the drill.

Nine Rooms, all rewards are TOF tickets with a 1500 minute FF at the end.

First few rooms are easy, round 1 is a single room.  Made it to round 6 with only Reds, Matilda, and Terrance, but can’t go any farther.

And on that note, I’ve had two great runs in the TOF.  One would think I could get Blues and Chuck, but nope.  Somehow I only got Terrance on the first day, then Red and Matilda on the second.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • grammyK
    @grammyk

Happy for you. I have few gems and have not got to floor 5 yet , aaarrrgghh!

garethw
    @garethw

I’ve suddenly lost the video option in the ToF since this started – no interest now at all.

Nik
    @nik-handson

3 days ago, I got to floor 60 for the second time ever in ToF and only hit 3 pigs along the way. The day after, this adventure happened.

First day I got a pig on floor 4, used the video and got Red’s hat and quit. Played the adventure, got the ticket and played ToF again. Missed Red, got Blues, hit pigs on 17, 18 and 19, used the video for the 19th floor and got Chuck on 20th.

Today, duck, pig, quit. I have enough ducks.

maverick
    @maverick78

I got blues and red the first day, and I doubt I’ll get to the 10th floor again.

Buster
    @doulgas

I must be missing something. All the rewards,except for the last one, are for TOF tickets. So I am doing the TOF to obtain hats to play the event in order to play the TOF to win more hats to play the TOF…and so on.

As I recall there is no video option in a TOF round bought with tickets, so you’d need a fair amount of gems to get a handful of feathers or a couple of spells.

Why is this adventure even worth playing?

garethw
    @garethw

Still only got two hats this time.

The video came back but I spend gems every day and have got to floor 20 once and missed.

Most days it’s three pigs before 10.

garethw
    @garethw

Feathers, pig, pig, out today.

The worse hat series so far.

Yesterday I threw the dice and spent 170 gems – the fourth pig was on 12, just ain’t worth it this time.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

Yeah I don’t even bother with the TOF ticket hat events. You ALWAYS get two pigs before the 5th level and there’s never a video – it’s worse than just paying the 60gems to play it without the ticket in the first place. And like I give a crap about about the FF – all that happens is you get crap rewards in every chest while it’s active. It’s just more bs designed to piss you off. The CvC is the only thing in this game worth playing.

garethw
    @garethw

Spent more gems today and didn’t even get to level 20 – 5 pigs by 18.

Easily the worst hat series by far.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Picked up Bomb today, and made it to the 43th floor before hitting a single pig. I’ve never seen that happen before.

Then it was 6 pigs in a row, used the video to get to floor 50, and quit. Ended up with about +100 in gems. I have no doubt another pig was waiting on 51.

Still can’t get past round 8, even with Bomb added. It would probably require a full hat set to beat it, or just a much higher FP.

garethw
    @garethw

Pig 8,18.

Missed hat on 20.

Pig 22,23,24.

Another 352 gems spent for absolutely nothing.

Wretched series, utter waste of gems.

maverick
    @maverick78

I was able to win the two express tickets in the adventure with blue and reds hats, and start at floor 20 twice.  The game luckily allowed me to get chuck and bombs hats during those two runs.  That marks the 2nd time since Exotic hats have been introduced that I’ve gotten more that 3 hats in a hat event.  Maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets lol

ive never won Terrace or Matildas hat in tof, and I won Silver once during a repeat exotic hat adventure recently with a tof express ticket.  Right now I have 6 unfinished Exotic hats sets with only two hats, and 8 unfinished Exotic hat sets with 3 hats.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

As with every other event, I get given one good run in the ToF where the game allows me to get far with no pigs just to give me the first few hats. What’s not surprising is that I still have just the first 3 hats, as every time I play the ToF I either get a pig on floor 2 or 3 (which is rarely the 20 gem continue)

Either that or I do slightly better and can get to floor 10 with no pigs, or 1 and paying for the 1st continue. But even then it’s still worthless as I already have the 1st 3 hats, and there’s no event hat on floor 15 I’ll need to hope to get to floor 20 with no/1-2 pigs between and  then hope that I can get the hat (a 25% chance).

I played the 1st 3 rounds of the event and won fairly easily, though I honestly don’t see the point of continuing. With only 3 birds to use I’ll need to get super lucky with the 4-room round 4 with everything going right with my shots so that I can luck my way through, and I just don’t care enough to do that since I’ll still have another more harder round after that before I can get the Express Ticket. Not worth my time.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Broke my rule of not doing anything if I get a pig on floor 2, but I want to get Chuck’s hat if possible. So, got feathers, pig, video, and just like I expected, another pig. Needless to say, I let the pig keep the feathers.

garethw
    @garethw

Three pigs early doors again – refused to spend more than 70 this time.

Ive probably spent around a 1000 gems for two hats ffs.

Utterly rubbish this event has been, utterly rubbish.

Thanks Rovio.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

Never mind, I take that back, the CvC is crap now too. Good going Rovio.

garethw
    @garethw

Arena and Daily Challenge are total busts at the moment.

For the next few days I’ll put the game away apar5 from a quick go on theMEBC.  I think

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Got Chuck’s hat today, but had to spend 138 gems, but that was worth it instead of having to collect 10,000 pearls.

Will try the hat adventure to see if having Chuck makes any difference.

I guess the game finally owed me a good hat adventure because usually all I get is Red, Blues, and maybe one other bird, usually Chuck. Sometimes all I get is Red, and one time I never even got his hat.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Got past round 8, but it required some luck with debris going just right, even though Chuck helped.

Round 9 is six rooms, and on room 5, it has a fire pig, miner pig, balloon pig, and umbrella pig. The umbrella pig in room 2 is often the death of an attempt because it survives everything you can throw at it. If it falls down when the structure is destroyed, a direct hit by another bird often only destroys the umbrella.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Took more tries than I counted, but I finally beat it. Again, took luck with having debris falling the right way. The fire pig was still the biggest pain, but throwing Blues at him, and ensure all three would land on his miserable head was a sure kill. Of course he nuked one of them, but others would get him. Then the miner pig turned Chuck into a TNT box which hit and collapsed his structure.

Again, a lot of luck with everything happening just right. Went back and beat the DC in mercy mode, and then the KPP. Had to spend gems to beat it, but wanted the feathers with the FF running along with the double pearls.

Photokool
    @photokool

For the last two hat events, including this one, I ended up with only 2 hats. It was pig, pig, pig. Ridiculous. I spent gems a few times, but every time I did, I got a pig the next time.

It is hard to do much with the adventure with only two hats. I think their goal is to get people to buy gems.

In the past, I would usually have four hats by the end. Not any more.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Chocolate (Hat) Adventure

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.