Thanksgiving and Christmas update

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Thanksgiving and Christmas update

• Angry Birds Go recently received this update. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what’s in it because the game crashes when I try to open it.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@kingpiggy087 I managed to (finally) get on, but when I arrived to see the new content, I got a HUGE surprise- my progress was GOOOOOOOOOOOOONE! my karts, characters, and data were history- then it shut me out!

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@rowdypup
    Do you have a rovio account?
    If you do, log in to restore your data.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@abginebird how? the game keeps crashing and won’t load

Narc
    @narc

This update is just as worthless as the last one. The game crashes upon opening. Good job Rovio.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@rowdypup
    Try install the older versions if you want to play…

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

Yah my progress (but not coins and gems) is also gone AND I STILL can’t play the game. :/ (crashes right before I launch my cart..just like the Halloween episode) I tried a factory reset of my tablet and that didn’t help. It’s also reallllllllly slow. Took forever just to try to sign into my rovio account. It was hard trying to bring up the keyboard.

I think i’ll try what @abginebird mentioned and install an older version to see if that helps.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@thislilpiggy
    I’m actually playing ABGO With the version 1.8.7
    Other versions are crashing on my tablet.

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

I’m happy to report that I installed version 1.8.7 and now I can play again with no problems! And my progress is restored. Hopefully it won’t mess up anymore, as long as I don’t update. I think I’ll have to invest in a new tablet.

It really stinks that I can’t play the newer versions, but I’m grateful for what I have..for now.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

OK guys! Rovio is aware of this and they are working on a fix!

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

@rowdypup I was surprised you were able to do that even–I still can’t get on at all. Can you tell me what you saw in the new update?

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Android version 1.11.1 [11.11.0] is working fine for me this morning. New update shows Christmas splash screen. Turkey cart that you can win similar to the Halloween cart where you splatted 1000 pumpkins. Haven’t played around much but that’s all I noticed initially.

[edit] After a race, you can watch an add for 2x coins now.

BlueBearCZ
    @bluebear

Watching add for 2x coins not working on iOS, game freezes and must be killed.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@kingpiggy087 I only got to the menu screen before it shut me out, but I saw a typical Christmas theme (snow, decorations, and the Aurora Borealis)other than that no new features though

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

oops i spoke too soon. i can play for a little while, and then it crashes. i suppose it is my tablet that’s the problem. i guess it crashes when it overheats. but at least it’s working to some degree.

Dr. Omega
    @dr-omega

Rather disappointed in this. I contacted them about the Halloween kart and they were trying to figure how to fix that. Then this update and it crashes out on my iPad and iPhone, so basically, no AB GO daily races until they fix it..

I know another company makes the game. I wonder if Rovio is working with them or just letting them handle it..

SuperSic
    @supersic

how do I install older versions, I find myself in the team but can not enter
    SuperSic

BlueBearCZ
    @bluebear

@supersic welcome in the nest. I don’t know anything about Android, but for downgrade to older version on iDevice you can use e.g. iTools, if you have backup.

Cheryl24k
    @cheryl24k

So mad. Have not been able to play since the update. Wondering what I will lose now. Haven’t put in a Rovio ticket yet. Think now’s the time. Is this happening to everyone? I play on iPad.

BlueBearCZ
    @bluebear

FYI this is what I wrote tonight to Rovio support:

So I think Rovio server still remember old Bluebear, and can not assign present (after Thanksgiving version freeze) BlueBear as old BlueBear. Actually I can play single player and multiplayer (from zero eggs) in Halloween version, because Thanksgiving version is very buggy and freezes very often, especially when I tap any “add” button to get some gems for seeing adds. Reinstall not helps. I tried install Thanksgiving version on iPad 3, made other account, and got three freezes during about 10 single races. Freeze is lasting, so I have to kill game, run again, and then I see some (not all) coins and gems are gone. This is very frustrating and this is why I play Halloween version.

And interesting is, that loss of some gems and coins occurs now in Halloween version too – when I play several single races, then go to most upper game menu and back to single races menu, some coins and gems, and even weekly tournament progress are gone. {Admin Edit}

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

Please don’t swear, @bluebear

SuperSic
    @supersic

thanks for answering @bluebear, I play on ipad ?

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

Happy Holidays!

oldschool
    @oldschool

If there is a way of installing a previous version on Android and prevent the app from updating automatically, I would love to know.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

I would like the same on iPhone. I can turn off automatically install updates but where to get a trusted old version. I don’t know if even doing that will fix multi team play though

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Ever since I got the update, the game crashes at start (I’m using iOS) so I was unable to play this game ever since… when will rovio get off their butts and send out a fixed patch?

I guess it’s a sign to tell me it’s time to cut my loss and delete this app… it’s losing its appeal anyway.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Thanksgiving and Christmas update

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.