Switching Users on Mobile Devices

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Switching Users on Mobile Devices

• The ABF update today may pose new challenges if you want to switch users.

The old way to switch users was to go into your device’s Sertings/Facebook/Change User.

The new way to switch users, as of today, is to launch your Facebook app on your mobile device, tap the icon in the upper left corner in the blue bar, scroll down on the left column and tap Log Out (or Log Off). It will ask you to confirm. Go ahead. Then log back on to Facebook using the email/password combination for the user account you want to switch to. Close the Facebook app. Launch the ABF app. Hit the Facebook icon, or the app may ask you to re-enter and confirm your Facebook log-in info for the switched user. Enter the information and voilá! That should do it.

Only took me a couple of hours and drove me bats to figure it out! You’re welcome :) –MB

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Terribletom
    @terribletom

That was for iOS I believe.

For Anndroid: Turn your device on, Click the AB Friends Icon, Log out of ABF, and close it. In Facebook logout. Log back into Facebook, under different name/account. Click on the ABF Icon, and you should now be logged in as a different user!!!

SpeedyT
    @speedyt

My Facebook account was hacked and has caused lots of trouble for me as well as wasting friend’s time with bogus spam posts, etc.

How do I switch my Angry Birds 2 progre$$ on Android from my hacked account (can’t log into it) to my new Facebook account?  Thank you very much for any suggestions which have worked in the past year or two.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@speedyt Ask @nitro who can probably help you. –MB

Nitro
    @nitro

@speedyt, report your hacked account to Facebook from your new account.
    https://www.facebook.com/hacked

If you can get to your old account from your new account, report it from there.

SpeedyT
    @speedyt

@dseufert – Thank you very much for alerting @nitro

Nitro, thank you as well for the quick response. Ironically, Facebook had already gotten complaints and had deactivated or suspended my old account. When I opened the AB2 app this evening, it was no longer connected to Facebook and the blue ‘f’ was showing which allows me to connect it to my new account. Thankfully Rovio had already addressed this issue or it’s potential to allow individuals with similar circumstances to not be left without a remedy. I was considering giving up the game if I had another crash and had no way to access a backup.  I had already gone through that once before and I had no FB account.

Both of your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!

PS. I have also apprised them of my hacked account so as to avert further problems. It was a very basic account so I lost nothing of great value anyway.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@speedyt Thank you for the accolades. I’m glad it worked out for you. Nitro deserves all the credit. I have trusted him for many years to help me, too. Add him to your friend list on FB. Me, too. Cheers! –MB :)

hapstrip
    @hapstrip

I’m having trouble switching between users on my iPad with iOS 11.  Prior to iOS 11 it worked with no problem.  Now it accepts my FB account credentials, but when others try to log on, they cannot access their game…the only one that comes up is mine.   Any suggestions on how to allow others to log on to ABF on my iPad would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@hapstrip Log off of the ABF app, then log off of your FB account in any open browser window. Log onto FB with another user ID/PW, then log back onto the ABF app using the same ID/PW, if asked. Hope this helps. –MB :)

hapstrip
    @hapstrip

Thanks for the quick reply, but sadly that does not work.  I’ve tried various combinations of your suggestions, including making sure I’m not logged in on my PC, all to no avail.  The only account that ABF on the iPad will connect to is my account.  I have written Rovio about it, suggesting they get an iPad with the latest iOS 11 and pass it around the office to see if anyone else can connect to ABF but so far haven’t had any response from them.   I know from doing a google search that others are having similar problems with other apps.   Hopefully there will be a solution.  I would gladly go back to the previous version of the operating system, but don’t think I’m computer savvy enough to do that.  Again, thanks for trying to help.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@hapstrip You may need to delete your ABF app then reinstall and follow the instructions I listed previously. Ask @nitro He knows more about this than I do. Sorry you’re having difficulties.

Nitro
    @nitro

Since it’s something that only happened after an update to iOS 11, I wouldn’t have a clue; other that what has already been suggested.

@hapstrip
    , if you find a solution, please post it here so it can help any other iOS11 user that may run into the same problem.

Good Luck.  :)

hapstrip
    @hapstrip

@dseufert Again thanks for the comment.  Rovio initially suggested the same thing….delete and then reinstall.  I did that, same result.  So, will wait to hear from Rovio and will post any answer/solution they come up with.

hapstrip
    @hapstrip

Just to update everyone, here is the reply I received from Rovio.

Hello there Bill,

and thanks for getting back to us again.

Well, we have to admit this is a problem. We haven’t had any other users have a problem like this one yet so we don’t a have a solution for you right away. We have made sure that our Development team is aware and they can begin an investigation. Hopefully, our Dev Team will be able to find a solution quickly. We understand that this doesn’t offer you a solution to the problem right away, but we will make sure to have it ready as soon as we can. Please try to enjoy the game in the meantime.

Best regards,

William
    Rovio Support Team

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Switching Users on Mobile Devices

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.