Strategies for dealing with the Magic Pig?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Strategies for dealing with the Magic Pig?

• Aarrrrgggghhh!

That pig that spews out the purple mist–Magic Pig, I think he’s called–I HATE HIM. Sure, sometime he changes a bird into a boulder or a rocket, but usually he changes the bird into a teddy bear or some other harmless thing. I have lost more lives on that pig than any other.

Does anyone have any strategies for dealing with him? I tried launching one bird as quickly as possible so maybe MP would be busy dealing with the first pig and not get to the second one, but I can’t launch them fast enough. It’s nice to use Blues, because Magic Pig can only get one of the three, but you can’t always split Blue before MP gets him, AND it doesn’t do any good if MP is encased in stone. Sometimes Matilda helps, but again, if you can’t launch the egg before MP gets her, she’s just a waste of a bird.

I’ve even gone so far as to just wait until MP is sleeping, but I can’t just sit there until he falls asleep–and it seems random when he sleeps.

Anybody have any suggestions before I KILL SOMEONE??? ;-)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

maybe this helps?

How to beat: This pig is very similar to the Construction Pig. Just use the same tactics! Although the dust cloud moves faster than the screwdriver.

Patty
    @mrslove

OMG, I was looking all over the Nest for an explanation of the pigs and didn’t find one–but with your help, I found the Enemy Guide (and the correct name for that frackin’ Miner Pig). I will keep those suggestions in mind next time I get that pig. Thank you!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Matilda does the best job.
    Moreover, Chuck’s sonic speed can evade his laser attack.

dmsral
    @dmsral

The best way I’ve found is to not attack him directly, go under or over. Yellow, sliver and white birds can then activate and get out of the way of the mist. If you’re quick enough though, you can shoot at him with the red bird and activate the blast before the mist hits.

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

Blues>Matilda>Chuck>Bomb>Silver=Red>Terence imo.

Patty
    @mrslove

Thanks, @mingkee27. I started using Matilda more this morning.

@dmsral
    , I tried your strategy with Red this morning as well, and he was able to activate before the mist!

@angryone
    , love your hierarchy of which birds work best with that blasted Miner Pig.

Thank you all so much for responding!

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

@angryone I think silver is better than bomb and red for dealing with the miner pig

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

@corporalpig I’m not sure because with Bomb you can blast things on the pig and easier get to hurt him indirectly but if you have Silver as your last card vs a miner pig and another pig you’ve just lost. Bomb or Silver vs alone Miner Pig on ok distance without obstacles and I agree with you, but there are just so many diff scenarios where that isn’t true.

burbman
    @burbman

I have noticed that he shows up a lot more often in the latest update, which is probably adding to the frustration.

Anonymous

@burbman No kidding! I’ve had 3 of them in one wave once! It went horribly :P.

Angry Birds Lover
    @angryyashi

I usually launch my birds while the laser pig is sleeping, or the nearest one of there are multiple ones in one wave.

Terence the Magnificent
    @terencethemag

How do you know the pig is sleeping?

Patty
    @mrslove

@burbman: I totally agree! Although I’ve never seen three, like @partshade. (Sorry to hear about your three–I get two a lot, and it makes me crazy!) @angryyashi, I follow that strategy too–sometimes the debris will get ones that are farther away.

@terencethemag
    , you can tell when pigs are sleeping because (a) their eyes are closed and (b) they are “snoring.” I’m not sure if you can hear the snoring because I keep my sound too low, but you can see them sort of breathing in and out–and the animation is sort of like they’re whistling on the “out” breath. I haven’t noticed a pattern (for example, once I waited about a minute and a half to see if any of the pigs would fall asleep, and none of them did, but other times, a pig is already asleep when you first enter the room).

Once again, let me say how much I appreciate everyone’s suggestions on dealing with the miner pig. Just knowing you all have the same frustrations makes me feel better when he appears on my screen. :-) <3

AngryAngers
    @dungphant

Well, I can hear them snoring and also see them snoring!

I usually use fast-movement birds on this. Just like you’ve said: Chuck, Matilda, Silver. Never waste Bomb and Terence on defeating this guy…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Strategies for dealing with the Magic Pig?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.