St Patrick's Day Hat Set Event

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum St Patrick's Day Hat Set Event

• Here we go again. Kind of surprised no one has them all on the ME leaderboard. It has been almost an hour since they started the event.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • SB311
    @sb311

Nevermind:

Piggsy
    @piggsy

And I’m sure that all hats will cost 10.000 BP per one bird after event. It’s getting more and more boring.

SB311
    @sb311

@piggsy, they will be. All level 6 hats seem to be 10k BP and can only be won in TOF during the event or purchased in the Hat Shop after the event is over for 10k BP.

I guess the people complaining about having excess amounts of BPs and nothing to buy with them are happy now because they will continue to increase their flock power, but people that don’t pay tons of money will fall farther and farther behind. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

I used to be unhappy because I had excess BPs and no place to spend them. Now I’m unhappy because I spent most of them on these event birds and don’t have enough for a slingshot upgrade.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Oh joy, the pay for victory players will now make everyone’s ME scores worth even less.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get to the last room of level 3 with no birds. I don’t think I will try again until I get another bird. I missed chucks hat on floor 20 so I’m not getting my hopes up. :(

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, what is that “excess BPs” you’re talking about?

You already got all hat sets?

Joe B.
    @joeb

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Somehow lately I occasionally make it to TOF floor 30-40 pushing out +200 gem pigs and miss all the high level event birds.  Today, I hit 30 but missed chuck and bomb both. Landed Matilda’s legendary so not complaining there, but amazing how some people pay for gems without an even guarantee for these event hats! I do get more event hats with the  fast forward button on average but not always. Just have to try my luck playing with 2 birds as usual for now…</p>

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I do like these little events but Sunday I had a pig on the second floor and decided to quit, and today (Monday) again I had a pig on the 2nd floor and decided to quit.

If it happens a third time tomorrow then something is up!

SB311
    @sb311

@joeb, I have made it to level 4 with two birds, red and blues, but a lot of things had to go just right in order to get a spell and extra birds at the right times.

Level 4 also has four rooms so I wonder how many rooms level 5,6 and 7 will have, but I probably won’t be able to get to the end without another bird or two.

Also, they aren’t giving the option to pay 60 gems to continue. Maybe it will show up for the later levels.

Update: I was able to beat level 4 with just blues and red but only because I was able to get two ME spells. I don’t know if they have made this easier to beat or what because this definitely wasn’t me experience in the last event.

Buster
    @doulgas

@rawdatasystem, not by a long shot. At one point I had built up about 70k BP but I had bought all the cheap sets at the x4 level or lower (1000 BP each) and some of the Legendary ones where I only needed 1 or 2 hats to complete (including MEBC). So the BPs just sat there. But when they moved the event hats to the 10k level, it didn’t take long to empty my stash.

I won’t be buying the rolls royce hats at all unless I’ve got most of the set already via chests, etc.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, I have all 4x and lower level hat sets, too. I don’t look forward to try getting those ridiculously expensive higher multiplier sets. At least Legendary hats can be found from chests of from ToF, but those Exotic hats are way too hard to get. Rovio is slowly but surely killing all the fun from the game.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Third day in a row now. I haven’t acquired any of the new hats yet. Something isn’t right.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@stevey, amazingly I just got 5th hat for my FTP account by using far too many jewels. On my main account, I only got hat for Red. Situation is weird, because FTP account has right now higher FP that my main, despite of starting main account earlier and using money for it.

Compared to my main, FTP account seems to get easier opponents in Arena, does better in MEBC, has video option in ToF and DC/KPP, has gotten more Legendary hats (11 vs. 4) and gets way more free chests bacause it gets so often to play more videos (yesterday 28 vs. 5) instead of using gems.

Somehow my FTP account is now heavily favorited over paid one. I feel like Rovio “experiments” are getting out of hand.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve accumulated enough gems now so if I get a shot at the upper floors of TOF, I spend the gems. Usually I get back more than I spent. But if I get 2 pigs before the 5th floor, I’m outta there.

That allowed me to pick up 3 more St. Pat’s hats today, so maybe I can finally clear level 3.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

After the disastrous result of the last carnival event. The TOF was generous today, I got Bomb’s and Blues’ hats and the egg. Hitting the 800gems pig at floor 41. I am at level 7 now, Bomb is very useful in this event.

Apprentice
    @apprentice

For me also ToF is giving only piggies.  When you get each day 3 piggies out of 6 then… 70 gems are the limit for me in such a early stage of ToF. And no free video of course… This is defenetly the hardest hat event by far for me.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@apprentice, the video option helps much, if it’s available. My main account (1 event hat) don’t have it, but FTP account (5 event hats) has… and it shows. It saves the gems from “last step”, so I can use it when I decide I’ve already used as many gems I’m comfortable.

There is one caveat: Apparently the video option may disappear in the middle of ToF run when amount of gems otherwise needed grows “too high”. I still remember the sting of video option disappearing and hundreds of gems were required to pass the pig. Only thing with this game you can trust is that in a way or other, Rovio tries to rip off players shamelessly.

SB311
    @sb311

I have been on a good run when it comes to the ToF and the ff button but not today.

Picked feathers for my first basement card, hit the ff button and a pig showed up, which hasn’t happened in a while so kind of disappointing. I picked feathers again and then pressed the ff button and wouldn’t you know, another pig. I was not going to spend 50 gems so I quit.

I was hoping to get chuck’s hat that I missed yesterday to increase my flock power before the clan battle and finish the event. Oh well. Hopefully, it will be better tomorrow but unfortunately, double feathers will have ended.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

The “…and wouldn’t you know” made me chuckle. Exellent choice of words that convey the feeling very well. It’s right on the level with my “I just can’t get a break, can I?” after seeing every Rare and Legendary chest I’ve opened spewing only just handful of BP while Feather Frenzy is active! Naturally, feather and BP rewards swap places when BPP is active. It’s really effin’ frustrating.

Buster
    @doulgas

I did manage to finish this event today with 5 birds. It actually turned out a bit easier than some of the other ones recently, but as @angrybirdspoop said, the bomb was critical.

The legendary chest gave me a mythic hat, but it was one I already had so got a 500BP consolation prize. Whoopee….

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@doulgas

I finished the event yesterday with 4 birds, though I had to play the last level many times. They removed the choice to pay 60 gems to buy 3 birds. The birds were barely enough to complete the level. 30k bp will be needed for those remaining 3 hats, if I ever want to complete the set.

SB311
    @sb311

I finished the event with four birds: bomb, red, blues and chuck, but level 7 took me forever to complete and everything had to go perfectly. It definitely helped to have bomb. Picked 6k for stella. Meh. Wish I would have picked the 15k feathers for Bomb or Silver. It was my second time missing 15k feathers for silver. The other chance I had was from my free daily rare chest. I hate that you can find the same amount in both a rare chest and legendary. That is why is will never intentionally buy a legendary chest.

Unfortunately, unless a double BP event starts soon and I get super lucky with my card picks, I’m going to be about 10k BPs short of completing the set so no slingshot upgrade. I think it’s the first time i won’t be able to finish a hat set after an event and i can only assume this will keep happening since they seem stuck on the level 6 exotic hats now. :(

Yue
    @yue-zhang

I completed this event with 3 birds a couple of days ago, red, blue and bomb. The tip is to have as many strikes as possible in the first 2 rooms.

SB311
    @sb311

@yue-zhang, nice job. For some reason, level 7 took me forever even though I had four birds. Luckily, I finally figured it out. :)

I hope they give us a break for the next hat event and let us use hats most of us already have aka the level 4 hats.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum St Patrick's Day Hat Set Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.