Spells received via "bird back" deducting from cache: bug or "feature"?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spells received via "bird back" deducting from cache: bug or "feature"?

• I’ve seen this mentioned with respect to the arena, but I am also experiencing it during campaign levels.

Spells awarded through the bird back function are currently being counted against the player and deducted from their total. In addition, the bird back function (for me at least — your milage likely varies) is awarding relatively increased number of spells, particularly when the first bird fills the destructometer. In the past, only the spells voluntarily brought in would be counted against you and deducted from your totals.

Please tell me this is another bug and not by design.

(@hank)

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

First of all, before I say anything from my perspective, I would like to know. What is this “bird back function”?

Anonymous

@ddeck I submitted a Rovio support ticket (Request #1314708 if Rovio are reading) literally a day at the most after the update trying to outline the issue so it could be addressed, but so far nobody has replied to it.

As such I have lost about a dozen eagles & pig inflators…I also lost ducks/ice/chilli’s, but honestly they are a dime a dozen. Where as eagles and inflators are rare enough to begin with.

Basically if you go into a normal level (or the Arena or even the daily levels I believe) and lets say you select NO spells, if you happen to then get a spell within the level (be it from the golden pig, or filling your score meter) and you then use it (again within the level), it will then deduct that spell from your inventory. So next time you load into a level you will have 1 less duck / ice / chilli / inflator / eagle.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    Will you be addressing this issue today?
    Will it be fixed shortly?
    How and when will players get their spells back?

Regards.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I hope this IS bug and WILL fixed soon.

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

I doubt Rovio would intentionally programme extra cards to function as saved items.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello!

This is a known issue that we’re working on solving right now. Sadly it isn’t something that we can easily change for the live game. Our lead programmer is on it and I’ll give you news when I have some to give. All I can say is that we’re really sorry this is happening and we’re working on fixing it as soon as possible.

/Hank

DDeck
    @ddeck

Hi Hank,

Glad to hear you are working on fixing this. Please let us know when it is patched. Until then, I’ll probably kill time on my daily commute with something other AB2 :/

BR
    ddeck

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    I do not know what live game is, does it include all: Arena, DC and Regular Level play?
    In that case, this issue is really bad and people are extremely mad.
    Missing “things” are happening in all instances.

As asked before: how and when will the tickets, spells and feathers be returned?

Take into account that hard work and sometimes money is involved; so it is very important.

Regards.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello!

We will release a fix for this issue in the next few days. It is fixed on our end, we just need it tested and sent to Apple.

I would advice you to contact Customer Support if you need help with lost items.

/Hank

DDeck
    @ddeck

@hank

Great! don’t forget to push to Google Play as well ;)

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    Spells keep on disappearing in all levels of play.

Is it fixed?

And exactly how will Rovio´s Customer support help out regarding this issue?
    Should I tell them that I have lost 18 ducks, 32 blizzards, 9 sardine cans, etc., 600 gems and 12 arena tickets and they will magically return them?

Kind regards.

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

This explains why I went from 4 inflators and eagles to 2 eagles and 1 inflator.

John O’Brien
    @john-obrien

Hank are we going to get our spells back?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi, I need your advice.

This during regular game play and sometimes during the DC.
    I keep receiving unwanted spells, which if I use will be deducted from my regular stash.
    I am being forced to use them in order to finish the level or else lose the opportunity to finish off a very hard one, specially if you are very close.

Here is a fact.
    Rovio´s customer support takes forever to answer.
    I guess their workload is enormous due to the huge amount of legitimate complaints about bugs, system failures and their basic incompetence.
    So, returning lost spells is very low on their to do list, and also against their monetary interests.

So @hank, here is my specific question.
    Should I stop playing regular levels in order to advance/keep up until Rovio has this problem fixed?
    Please advise.

Regards.

mscreant
    @mscreant

Happens in the rgular levels too

Anonymous

There is an update in the iOS App Store for AB2 that claims to fix the spell deduction error. I have updated, and so far haven’t noticed any spells vanishing, but it hasn’t given us back the spells that vanished.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@chucky-2, thanks for the tip.

And @hank, it is a good point, how and when will we get our spells back?

Regards.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello flingers!

Our hot fix is now live, so if you update the game this bug is gone. We’re really sorry for the inconvenience.

When it comes to being reimbursed I can only ask for you to contact Customer Support. I’m sorry if it takes time, but that’s the only way there is. I wish I could help you but when there’s a bug that affected so many people it would take too long for me.

/Hank

MG516
    @mg516

@Hank Thank you for your help in getting this issue corrected. Regards.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yes, this bug is fixed now, thx.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Thank you @mg516 , it’s always nice to feel appreciated! Let’s hope we can be better at finding bugs like these in the future!

/Hank

Anonymous

@hank I am sure every single one of us is very appreciative that you / your team fixed the bug. So I apologise that I didn’t mention that in my reply above, but I was more concerned by what I had lost and how I was going to get that back, as I have never had much luck with Rovio Support…..but again, Thank you!

Unfortunately the fix caused a problem in it seems to have created an error with the arena (refer to page 51 of the arena thread from Davetv’s post downwards and every reply after his post that agrees with the fault).

Also Rovio support did send some gems my way to make up for the error….to be precise it was 4 to 500 gems (sorry not exactly sure as I already had some gems), but alas 500 gems doesn’t make up for the dozen Eagles/inflators I lost from my game let alone heaps of ducks/ice/chillis…..again hard to give an exact number as I already had quite a few of each spell …..I raised this in my reply to support, so now I have to wait for the reply where I am expecting them to basically say “bad luck”, like they did in a reply to another error unrelated to AB2.

I hate to think what others have lost :(

John O’Brien
    @john-obrien

How do you contact support

John O’Brien
    @john-obrien

How do I contact support?
    Now I’m having an issue in Diamond league. Two sets of players change back and forth

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spells received via "bird back" deducting from cache: bug or "feature"?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.