Speedsters – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Speedsters – New Event

• Roll out, comrades! Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Red Alert are up for grabs at 7,500 tokens each, alongside their accessories, plus the usual Spark/Coin rewards!

Rules (thank you, @moifirst!):

• Two Transformers are permitted in this event. Members of the “Speedsters” squad (the aforementioned bots) receive quadruple their promotion bonus.
    • No Energonicon is allowed.
    • During each run (even outside Cobalt Valley), movement is automatically accelerated, hence the event’s name, so be sure to act quickly! Deceleration portals in the Cobalt Valley will nullify this effect.

Have fun!

Speedsters – New Event!

(Rovio, I’m disappointed in you for randomly inserting a swear word in the weekly event motto. For a child-targeted gaming industry, you sure have some nerve.)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

Two TFs in each run.
    No energonicon support.
    As indicated the Speedsters are the bonus squad.

This is a great opportunity for me to get my last (well, at least for the moment,) missing bot (Red Alert).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is bad.  The runs are at an accelerated speed, like when you go through a fast forward gate on a Valley node.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig I believe there was a similar event like this in the past?

moi
    @moifirst

@optimuspig
    I experienced the same fast forward issue. This also happened earlier, e.g. in Sunstreaker!-event .
    So either these bots are using something not permitted by WADA, or R/E is testing our reaction speed.
    A third option is, that they don’t want us to spend a lot of time on computergames, so they increased the speed.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Yes.  And I didn’t like it then either.

@moifirst

I believe it’s called a”feature”, lol.

moi
    @moifirst

@optimuspig
    Yeah, I know. But I was a bit in a sarcastic mood.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

The event is literally called “Speedsters.” Why wouldn’t they add fast forward?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

They could give us double tokens and “speed” up our upgrading.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

They’re too greedy to do that…

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@optimuspig passing through the deceleration portals in Cobalt Valley reverts the high-speed back to normal. Temporarily, at least.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Yeah, Rovio didn’t think about that when making our finger day.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Well this event can go straight to hell. The levels are so fast for my reactions that I literally ended one session with ~100 score pre percentage bonus.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

I actually appreciate speeding up stupid, repetitive shark day.  Makes it slightly less boring.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

What’s boring is that the runs end too fast.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

Normally quite slow Ratchet or Hound is perfect for this speedy event.

I hate this event, specifically the fast-foward feature. It’s accelerating things faster that the fast-foward portals in Cobalt Valley. It’s practically impossible to dodge obstacles and enemy fire. And certain targets are even more difficult to destroy than they are in other events.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimlockdown But then you won’t get the spark bonus. It’s like pick your poison.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@datguygamer Yes, I know! But sometimes lower percentage bonus can still lead to bigger overall points/tokens, i.e. if (Ratchet or) Hound makes more than four times damage than Red Alert or Sunstreaker then it is more advantageous to use Hound as a second TF. I don’t know if this is the case in this event.

I presume that all of your TFs are fully promoted (and overpowered).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimlcockdown Not all of my bots are fully promoted. Overpower yes, but not spark promoted. But how did you presume that? I am curious.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 3 is even worse than Day 2!

I’m being fingered so hard, I may need to introduce Rovio’s CEO to my parents soon.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@datguygamer You usually have everything (or almost everything) and I didn’t think that sparks are any different (although as an afterthought they are).

I really hate this event. I just had a Boss Pig run and a Unicron Pig run, respectively, and my Energon Grimlock got killed too quickly and too early into each run, so I couldn’t even get any decent scores on those runs. Speaking of scores, the scoring for all runs in general is terrible. Also, in the Boss Pig run, I had severely weakened the Boss Pig with my Energon Grimlock before he got killed, and so I would have been able to destroy the Boss Pig with my Soundwave (I have been successful before in previous events), but the game wouldn’t let me because of the stupid fast-forwarding feature. My Soundwave got killed twice because I couldn’t take out the Boss Pig’s missiles fast enough while still shooting at the Boss Pig, and then the Astro Train showed up without any warning (meaning no overhead flyby) that the run was coming to an end. I don’t appreciate having to 30 gems on two instant revivals and not being allowed to take out the Boss Pig when I only needed to make one, or two, more shots in order to destroy him.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

This has been a great event. A much needed break from the game. I’m barely playing and I’m crushing it, with no recharges. Should easily get all the gold crates.

Also had a great mission end this morning!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s weird that the EMP bricks don’t affect missiles, but affect everything else including balloon pigs which usually require a Level 3 EMP.

rjfg007
    @rjfg007

Don’t have any of the bots should I get one or buy the 10 gold crates??

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Speedsters – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.