UPDATE NOW RELEASED – iOS and Android

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum UPDATE NOW RELEASED – iOS and Android

• 4D7C2887-0A25-47F3-A657-9CAF78DDCF25-1116-0000010130F22387_tmp.png

Not 100% sure what the image above is supposed to represent….maybe a new form of treasure chest based on an elevator?!…either way that image with the caption:

Sneak Peek! Something new is coming your way, really soon…

…was posted on the AB2 FB page today, and based on a reply AB made on a post it sounds like we will be getting an update this week.

I believe the update will fix the level 1 spell bug, return Gems to treasure chests, as to anything else it would only be speculation but maybe a new card level, new set of hats (possibly Christmas themed) and maybe more….only time will tell.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Hopefully a MAJOR crash fix, because I haven’t been able to play the game for months and I’m sure I missed out on a lot :(

On the other hand, maybe it’s a new bird to join in on the adventure, like Stella, Bubbles, or Hal, which really should be joining in on the fun!

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Let me just take a wild guess to the likely new features (based on pass experiences):
    – A new area or 2 for the regular levels.
    – 1 new set of cheap hats (Xmas theme of course) at 100 pearl each.
    – Maximum bird level has been bumped up again!
    – Fix the Spells at Level 1 bug.

Anonymous

i just wish they would release it already lol ….I swear this update is 1 to 2 months overdue, and these final few hours waiting for it seem to be taking forever :P

Anonymous

Double Post: Update has just been released on iOS and Android….downloading now, will report back shortly :)

* Level 1 spell bug appears to be fixed
    * Gems are so far rare, but they have returned to treasure chests
    * New elevator reward game
    * New slingshot levels
    * New card (bird) levels
    * 3 new hat sets….Christmas hats that cost 100 pearls each, winter hats that cost 1000 pearls each, and the fancy hat set that costs a ridiculous 25000 pearls each (yes a total of 175000 pearls for that set). I kid you not!. Edit: according to AB’s FB account you can win the expensive hats in the elevator reward game.

@hank
    Hats that cost 100, 500 or even 1000 pearls are reasonable/acceptable, but why release a set that cost 25,000 pearls per hat (yes, 175,000 pearls for the set)?

I mean it would take a year to get 1 hat for a good player, let alone 7 of them taking you guessed it, 7 years?!!?

KayBird
    @kaybird

King Pig Challenge gives you three hours to play instead of just 10 minutes, at least on the first day it was released. Then it went to one hour, but that is still better than 10 minutes.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey guys!

With the latest update we’ve made it much easier for players to obtain rewards, so we expect you to be able to gather hats/black pearls/gems at a higher pace than before. With the addition of the Legendary Hats we’ve added a reward that feels more unique than most others in the game. They are mainly to be obtained from the Tower of Fortune, but if you save black pearls they can also be bought.

Even more possible features where you can obtain hats and other rewards are in the works and can be tested in future updates. I hope the Tower of Fortune will bring you all lots of loot!

Take care,
    Hank

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Gems from small chest are back. Thank you.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

King Pig challenge extra time is a plus.
    Cheap Xmas hat is nice. I smelled that coming so I save my 700+ pearls already.
    Daily Challenge is easy today for a change. Even KPP was easy-ish with the extra time. No need to panic if you cannot get it in 1st pass

Jon S
    @jon3800

@hank

I understand, but those fancy hats should be a reasonable 5000 pearls, not 25,000. I already faced people with 3 of these hats. I can only think of how expensive future hats will cost when elder amethyst sling or the master sling shots will be eventually be released

Seeing this makes me want to delete the app. It’s hard that I’m being put in leagues where 1st place gets well over 2000 stars. I can understand the uniqueness of the tower, but you’d have to make it past floor 50 to get a chance to score one of them, and the chance decreases after you get one. I made it floor 24, had to spent crazy amount of gems to get 1 winter hat.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@chucky-2

Completely agree!

Also noted some changes
    – KPP gives 100 pearls instead of 50
    – DC had a 4 room boss instead of the 5 and 6 panels

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

@hubert-lo

Thank you, We’re all glad to hear you seem happy about the update!

@jon3800

Our goal is not to increase prices each update, but we do need to be “future proof” when it comes to scaling the economy. As I said in my previous post, there will be even more cool features that will allow you to obtain great rewards in the upcoming updates! Stay tuned and you’ll see even more fun stuff!

Take care and Merry Christmas everyone!
    /Hank

KayBird
    @kaybird

I agree. It’s all getting to be too much. Makes me want to delete the game from my phone and be done with it.

Visuo
    @visuo

Says there’s 80 new levels. I see 20 where are the other 60 ? Says pig foot mountains: did those but don’t see any central pork area.

Hate that they nerfed the slingshot bonus to the spells.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Since the new update, thanks to the annoying promo for the AB balloon game that gives me a free spell, I can no longer choose my own spells at the beginning of a game level. Has this always been a problem with those promos? It’s only recently that I’ve resorted to using spells to passing some of the harder levels, so I haven’t noticed.

I like that the proper spell levels are back and that there’s now extra time to do the KPC. But come on, Rovio. Every time you guys fix one bug you introduce another.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

The most annoying things are still there:
    Opponents with more flock power or with extra birds and the ridiculous 10 feathers in the small treasure chests instead of gems.

Birdy Thrower
    @birdythrower

Game now seems to open at level 1 on occasion since update meaning I have to scroll to Level 900 to keep playing…

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

the ridiculous 10 feathers

20. All rewards seem to be doubled. Or tripled (1000 feathers in KP).
    5 gems in small chests, not very often though.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

All rewards seem to be doubled.

In my case not. I got that 10 feathers several times after the update and no gems at all. Even 20 are just alms.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

More of the same, just different packaging with new icons. No new physics are introduced- no new pig types, gameplay thrills, ways to use your birds to get points… same 7 birds and same annoying pigs.

I think I’m finally done with this game. Seriously, I can’t keep up- I have a life, two jobs, go to the gym every day and I only want to play this game here and there for a little fun.

Hat sets at 25K pearls? Seriously? I would have to play this stupid game brainlessly for X hours per day for Y years to get anywhere with it, and I happened to have better things to do with my time (like Dead Rising 4 is being released in a few days and I will have way more fun playing that).

What started off as insane fun and cool gameplay has now become the chore of an infinite treadmill.

Good bye fellow flingers, good bye Rovio and all your apps that I had begun paying since Day One. You’ve finally burned me out as a player.

Deleted all AB apps and am moving on. Tchau.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

They added the red balloons which work like the golden ducks but a bit weaker.

Then there is this 139.99 deal that gives 20000 gems, 2500 feathers for each of 2 bird colors, and 1000 black pearl. Problem is when you get to the higher levels already, all that feathers and pearls won’t make a dent in getting you to next level or next hat.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That deal to get 20,000 gems for $100 U.S. is real, real tempting. Some pearls on top make it more so. So far I have spent about $210 U.S. on this game since it first came out. Twice to get the 11,00 gems and once to get the little chest every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes plus an extra life. Now it doesn’t really matter to me, but still it is a good deal and I just have a thing for gems. Considering that I could have almost 50,000 gems is extremely tempting. Might make it a Christmas present to myself the same way I did when I made the first purchase of gems last Christmas. Still have time to think about it.

Yay, just got 5 gems from the little chest. Did I mention that I have a thing for gems?

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

They want 99€ for that special offer here..
    Well, the gems are much cheaper than usual, no doubt.
    But hey – spending almost 100 for a free mobile device game?! Years ago we spent our money to buy games for Nintendo or the play station, but we got a complete game and didn’t have to pay anymore for it.

Anonymous

That deal is $150 in Australia, they are crazy if they think I would spend that sort of coin on a never ending regeneration of the same 30-50 levels replayed endlessly (with slight variations here and there).

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I just came up with a theory. Do you think the 25K pearl pricing for the x5 hats is a way of fishing out cheaters and/or hackers? I mean, if you get an opponent in the Arena whose flock has the full set of those extremely expensive hats, your first thought would be that it’s impossible to achieve that in very little time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum UPDATE NOW RELEASED – iOS and Android

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.