Slow Choppy Angry Birds Friends

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Slow Choppy Angry Birds Friends

• Who else is having this problem, after reloading and updating Adobe Flash to the newest…clean install and everything. I’m using mac osx 10.10.4 Yosemite. Firefox 40 up to date…same problem persists on Safari (up to date) as well.Seemed to start with this new and latest Birds tournament. Very frustrating.Administrators, let us know what is happening..all bad on this end…

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • sal9
    @sal9

@brenda-lynn Rovio was notified and is investigating the lag.

Robert James
    @robert-james

I sent an e-mail to Rovio about this exact issue on March 31st of this year and I got a somewhat disrespectful e-mail in return the following day. I can post the entire e-mail conversation if necessary.

But, in short, I too have a fresh install of Yosemite 10.10.4 (as I thought my Mac computer was the problem,) the most up-to-date Flash Player, using the most up-to-date version of Firefox Browser, a system that is cleaned and tweaked for the most RAM possible (5 Gigs of RAM allocated) and I still have the same lagging issues of Angry Birds Friends through Facebook. The issue is clearly Facebook’s or Rovio’s or a combination of both.

As further proof, my less powerful Windows 7 Pro laptop running the most up-to-date Firefox browser, the most up-to-date Flash Player and tweaked the same way as my Mac, plus my old Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0 with the Angry Birds Friends application, can both run Angry Birds Friends fine with no lagging issues. This further proves the original poster’s complaint and reaffirms my original complaint from March 31st, 2015!

sal9
    @sal9

@robert-james It is clearly a server side issue. This morning, ABF is running smoothly on my Mac. Let’s hope that it is a permanent fix and not a fluke.

Read more about Flash’s death sentence here also (could be causing the lag): http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/14/technology/flash-firefox-facebook/index.html

Robert James
    @robert-james

Just tried ABF through Facebook on my Mac and the same ol’ same ol’ on my end, very bad lagging, to the point that there is a 10 second – 30 delay in sound then action.

Heavyrail
    @heavyrail

I had the same problem. A partial workaround was to wait till the queued birds started jumping before launching any of them, but it was still very frustrating.

Marcia Worrell
    @marcia-worrell

same issue, been going on for several days

diepigdie
    @diepigdie

Anyone else still having this issue this week (7/27)? Very frustrating…

angindnix
    @roswpell

Same issue on mini iPad.

Robert James
    @robert-james

Ok, I have had a touch of success on my end, but still have noticeable lagging.

My wifi system has been having issues as of late and I have taken that down to stock and brought it back up. From there, I did a full system clean out on my Mac by running CCleaner for Mac and repaired permissions & cleared out all residual files on maximum pass. I also manually adjusted my monitor’s settings on itself (which would have no effect on game performance) and manually decreased the screen resolution to make icons bigger (I was tired of squinting when trying to see things in the address bar of my browser.)

After completing all of that, I logged in to Facebook and loaded Angry Birds Friends. The game load went quick. The first round of Matilda Tournament went ok, but as the rounds went forward, the lagging had come back. The lagging was not as bad as in the past, but it is still there.

Robert James
    @robert-james

8-7-2015,

Still choppy and severe lagging.

Robert James
    @robert-james

8-26-2015

In the wee hours of the morning when there was not a heavy demand for the internet, I saw Angry Birds Friends run on my Mac a little better than it has as of most of this year. Right now, I am running Angry Birds Friends through Facebook and the lagging issues are present, although not as bad as last week during the Hip Hop Tournament. I couldn’t play the Hip Hop Tournament last week at all on Mac computer, nor my Android tablet. The lagging issue was very bad online and the Google Play Service application was causing many programs on a lot of Android user’s devices to have issues. I resolved the Google Play Service application issue on my tablet and on my cell phone yesterday, as well. However, the lagging aspect of Angry Birds Friends on my Mac computer still exists. This confirms that the problem is on Rovio’s and/or Facebook’s side, not the end user.

Rayeann Ray Helms
    @rayeann-ray-helms

I am having slow, choppy, stuttering flight of my birds as well.

Robert James
    @robert-james

9-7-2015

Still choppy and severe lagging.

Robert James
    @robert-james

9-16-2015

Well, the Rock in Rio Tournament seems to be running fine with really no lagging, even at full screen. Lets see how long it lasts.

Robert James
    @robert-james

12-18-15

With this week’s Christmas tournament, when in full screen mode on my Mac, the animation is slow and choppy. This is an on going issue Rovio and it should have been attended to by now!

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

I’m having the real problem with level two. It lags so badly that the screen freezes for 5 to 10 seconds lag! While the screen freezes, I hear the crashing and carnage, but I have no idea where the first bird has gone. Most times, it just goes backward because of the lag.

All the other levels are fine. Anyone else having this on level 2?

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

Level 2 of Tournament 189 is even worse! In three tries, the first bird just went backward because of the lag. I quit. They need to fix this, but there’s no way to contact them.

petie1106
    @petie1106

I have had the same problem for a long time. I have contacted them but didn’t receive a reply. After making a purchase and every power-up being lost due to the problem I was lucky enough to go to ITunes and get a full refund. I still loose powerups and games. I will be at the end of the game and want to use a powerup and suddenly my game is over..Dont even get the 6 seconds to engage my powerup. Having to constantly hit enter just at the right time to drop a bomb or fling a bird is awaful making this game awful. So I quit making any purchases of power ups. The only bird I have to fling now is, well lets just say I hope they get the problem resolved. Its not my system because I use a laptop with the older version of Windows and a new desktop with win10..Same thing….Someone please get this problem fixed….

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

Someone sent an email with the usual “tweak your system” B.S. I’m not about to do that, since every other level works fine. Level two needs to be cleaned up. This is ridiculous.

Squirrel
    @shirley-bash

Game is full of glitches and my wheel is all kinds of messed up. No fun playing when it’s running like crap!

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

On my iPad mini ABF app runs smooth. On Facebook using safari or puffin it’s so slow and lags so much I don’t even try to play game.
    Bottom line… I play with the app and gift on puffin. Safari has no Flash support.

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

Here we go again. Another Level 2 that is unplayable. Five in a row where the birds go backward. Also, the power birds don’t do any more than the regular birds. I know this game is rigged, but dang!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Slow Choppy Angry Birds Friends

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.