Samurai vs Paladin : who's the best ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Samurai vs Paladin : who's the best ?

• I need your answers to be sure if I must save LCs for Paladin. Most of you continuously use it, and others say samurai is poor because of having no special abilities. I want to compare them :
    SAMURAI PALADIN
    attack 150% AD 130% AD
    healing None 52% AD
    protect All, av46% One, 30%

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@zackvoyager. I’m a huge fan of Samurai’s defensive shield. However, I never spent the lucky coins to acquire Paladin – so I only borrow that class from friends. I think your gameplay is moulded by your class choices (obviously)… so I’ve never felt like I ‘needed’ Paladin or that he was essential. But I don’t have Sea Dog or any of the lucky coin purchasable classes either… it hasn’t compromised by ability to progress in the game! :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@zackvoyager — Paladin, Princess, and Sea Dog are my current favorite all-around combo, for anything other than ninjas. You do need a strong Paladin for my strat to work. Paladin can protect himself and heal. Princess directs all attacks to Paladin, and heals, primarily Paladin. Sea Dog usually gets one extra turn every two turns if you set his ability on Paladin, and his rage ability is really good against multiple targets. If one opponent is much stronger than the others, and they are undead, you can use the chili on Paladin.
    I do (just now) have all the headgear that you have to purchase. I borrowed ThunderBird and Skulkers enough times that I decided they could be useful after all. Unfortunately they are still several levels lower than most of my other classes.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Paladin is clearly superior except in a few cases.

Samurai does 3x hits, which combos very strongly with Marksman against single targets (e.g. Golden Pig).

Other than that, Paladin is better because of his ability to protect another bird and heal with every strike. You almost never have to give up on attacking, and his heals are good.

Also, your comparison misses that the Paladin protects for 3 turns, where Samurai Shield only lasts 1 turn. Shield is OK if you have a single charge-up attack that hits everyone, otherwise, you waste time blocking and still taking 50-60% of the damage.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

When I rack up snoutlings at star reef I go paladin, wizard, and pirate. I use pirate to super charge all by 25% and rage chilli on wizard. Unstoppable combo

KillerKea
    @killerkea

For the caves which you are now in and since you can’t borrow birds my favorite combo is Paladin, Princess, and Pigiana.

The Samurai is much better offensively than the Paladin because of the 3 attacks. If you have the Grand Slam or Dragon’s Breath set, then you have 3 times the chance to use the set’s special ability with the samurai. Also as GrauGeist said above the samurai is an excellent pairing with the marksmen. It all depends on what you are fighting. You should use both characters because it all depends on what you are fighting.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I thought the triple attacks didn’t give 3 chances for the bonus effect any more – that they were nerfed to once for the entire series. At least, that is what was said about Bomb’s Candy…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If that is true, that would severely weaken grand slam to the point where it wouldn’t be very useful anymore because that would reduce its chance of it working in the hands of a samurai from 22.1% to 8%.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m going to test Samurai and Cannoneer. I’m guessing the Slams will be more like 1 out of 12 vs 1 out of 4, and Candy will confirm to be similarly rare.

bouboule
    @bouboule

The grand slam effect doesn’t work like Bomb’s candy or the dragon scale.
    Stunning an enemy is like a critical hit or a chain attack, you have 3 chances to get it when you attack 3 times.
    Basically, “natural” effects are affected by the number of strikes while extra effects don’t

Anonymous

@killerkea @graugeist What @bouboule said is true. Sets Items don’t get effected against triple attacks. They only reason why Grand Slam does is because its not an actual effect. It just adds an extra turn to stunning.

Bloon Popster
    @king-piggy

I really like the samurai over the paladin when I got it for lucky coins. Paladin’s healing isn’t that much, and Samurai deals more damage overall than the paladin. Paired with the grand slam set, it gives more than 20% chance of stunning! It is also immune to the ninja’s dodge ability.

burbman
    @burbman

@king-piggy Immune to dodge only if you have a weak enough weapon

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Thank you for your replies. I can give give you 2 combos working on almost all situations:
    -Samurai+Druid+Tricksters are the more useful, a defensive and offensive combo at the time.
    For ninjas, red and Matilda can easily attack and blues can dispel pigs and cleanse you. A variant is to replace tricksters by capt’n, when there are some knights in the level.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Samurai vs Paladin : who's the best ?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.