Rovio's response to my complaint

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio's response to my complaint

• I complained that I have fewer lives and it takes more time to get new lives. This was the response.

Hi,
    And thank you for contacting us and for playing Angry Birds 2. We are currently conducting testing in the game that has, unfortunately for you, changed the amount of lives available during game play and the time it takes to replenish lives (for some players). We are trying to find a balance with the game that makes it the most enjoyable; a sweet spot between difficulty and available game resources. We welcome your comments on the change, since receiving feedback about the amount of lives is a vital part of this adjustment process and we will continue tweaking the game slightly in accordance with the feedback and metrics we get from our players. We hope that you can still enjoy the game despite this small setback!

If you have any other questions about our games, please do not hesitate to ask.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • magsy79
    @magsy79

This was my reply:

I would think testing such as this would occur before launching the game. I would also think that one should never scale back a game’s experience.

The entire lives concept really stinks for a game that was based on unlimited replay potential. Frankly I hated having any lives and I’d pay money for unlimited play and NO ADS.

So that’s my feedback. I was disappointed from the start and now I’m just weary of it. I play it less and less because of it.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@magsy79 have they responded back after your recent response?

magsy79
    @magsy79

No, but if they do, I’ll post it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@magsy79 — The thing I find most objectionable about this is that they are doing an “experiment” with only some players. Hideous. The experiment itself is not based on player enjoyment, but on maximizing Rovio profit.

Narc
    @narc

Here is the reply I received. Looks like a cookie cutter response for the first paragraph. I also complained about how some levels seemed to be rigged in an effort to almost force you to pay which I refuse to do

Hi there,

And thank you for contacting us and for playing Angry Birds 2. We are currently conducting testing in the game that has, unfortunately for you, changed the amount of lives available during game play. We are trying to find a balance with the game that makes it the most enjoyable; a sweet spot between difficulty and available game resources. We welcome your comments on the change, since receiving feedback about the amount of lives and the regenerating times is a vital part of this adjustment process and we will continue tweaking the game slightly in accordance with the feedback and metrics we get from our players.

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about the difficulty of the levels. We are always looking to develop our games further and to make fun adjustments with the aim of adding new variations to the playing experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this game may have caused you and we honestly appreciate your feedback and comments. We hope that you can still enjoy the game despite these small setbacks!

Sincerely,

Iida
    Rovio Support Team

magsy79
    @magsy79

I got another response:

Hi again,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way and really appreciate your constructive feedback about the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this game may have caused you and we honestly appreciate your comments. We hope you can still enjoy the game!

Sincerely,

Iida
    Rovio Support Team

Anonymous

All these responses are basically a nice way of saying “We don’t care about your problems” :P.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I keep feeling Rovio’s constantly tightening the screws in games like these. Once we get used to the old status quo, comfortable or not, Rovio ups it a notch. Then another. Rovio just keeps adding problems, while not making many solutions to the already existing problems. It’s despicable, to say the least. What I’d say is if they are still experimenting, why launch it worldwide so early? While Rovio claims to be listening to players about their feedback on the changes, they have already heard several complaints (and no praises) and have done…nothing at all to improve it! >:/ That kind of sugar-coating just won’t do for us.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@magsy79 — Just sent a link to this thread to Peter Vesterbacka. Might do some good.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@MVNLA
    Sep 05
    @pvesterbacka What’s with “testing” during the full release? Hideous, should be the same game for all: angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/r…

Peter Vesterbacka
    @pvesterbacka
    Sep 05

@MVNLA
    We’ve always done some testing to make our games better, but I agree that it should be for the better. Let me dig a bit more here.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio's response to my complaint

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.