Rovio's banning policy

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio's banning policy

• Many of my friends have been banned recently, so I’m really curious about these questions:
    1. What exactly does Rovio check if a player was reported, or a player can be banned just because of being reported, without a thorough check, as many believe?
    2. If a player tried some exploits few times without great benefit and then changed his ways, playing normally, can Rovio recall his long-ago violations and ban him?
    3. Why doesn’t Rovio tell anybody reason of banning?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

@anonfromrussia

From my experience

1) When you join AB2, your data will be compiled and stored in their servers, so they check everything.  No one  knows who reported you but they check factors like gem and black pearls, how much you spend or not spend, your star rank, flock power, arena much real money you put into the game, your score  in the MEBC and Clan (which what axed me)

2) Yes, because the info is stored in their servers so they’ll know

3) I’m going to assume for legality reasons.  My guess is that’s why the Hatchling/Egg update made us agree to their terms of service

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

As for whether another player’s Report automatically gets someone banned the answer is no; a number of folks from my Clan reported several members of a recent CvC opponent’s Clan as their SR seemed extraordinarly low (20s-30s) for their high FPs (7-900s), but they remain in that top 100 Clan.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I agree they look at more than just reports. Hard to say exactly what gets you banned, just point you to the eula when you try to appeal. They could tell us, the privacy statement was because the EU changed their privacy laws so we all need to agree to the amended privacy statement now. They don’t I believe because they don’t want others to figure out how to get around being detected for being banned.

I think it’s a poor move, they don’t need to give the details, but can vaguely tell you why you are banned, especially when it’s a temporary ban, so you know what not to do in the future. It’s like saying “Don’t break the rules, but we can’t tell you exactly what the rules are, you should just figure it out”. Some people honestly don’t know what they did.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio's banning policy

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.