Rebels Telepods?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rebels Telepods?

• I have been looking to find this answer with not luck. Are they going to be releasing Telepods for the Rebels characters?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

I have not even found a store locally that is carrying Telepods any more (Toys R Us, Target, etc). I think they may have gotten burned with excess inventory in the past and are no longer carrying the product line.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@damore, I believe @burbman is onto something here, but I’m also wondering if there’s some sort of distribution problem.

I pre-ordered from ToysRUs their exclusive Rebel telepod set & it was scheduled to ship 10/1, which didn’t happen. I waited a few more days & emailed C. Support. The reply (yesterday) is that my pre-order is now showing as on back order, but they have absolutely no info on when (which I read as “if”) it will be back in stock.

I actually searched Amazon & eBay his morning & found none for sale, which sort of supports in my mind the possibility of a distribution issue.

I can’t imagine I’m the only one who placed a pre-order, so I’m hoping others will see your post & reply, especially if they also pre-ordered.

Damore
    @damore

@burbman I have not seen them at Wal-mart or Target in months. The local TRU carries them, but they are overloaded with old stock. They never got the Kit wave in.

@justpast40
    Thanks for them info. I have looked at the local TRU last week and they did not have any. I missed the pre-order for it online. You don’t happen to have the TRU item number do you? Next time I’m there maybe I can get a manger to look it up for me.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@damore, here’s the # I have, but pls let me know what they say :-) … as I will update if/when I have more info. Item #43430996

I very very rarely buy anything from them & this has left a really bad taste in my mouth. The online receipt says “but now for shipping by 10/1 Release Date,” so here I sat expecting an email that it shipped, instead I had to contact them 4 or 5 days later for updated info. For what it’s worth, I’m going to email them again to see if I can find out whether they actually received them but had more orders than stock, or whether there has been a delay in their receiving them. I may also see if I can get any info from Hasbro to confirm distribution in the USA, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Damore
    @damore

@justpast40 Thanks for the info. I will post when I get anymore information.

otter
    @otter

I went to the TRU website and that item number does not exsist….. I too have searched local TRU, the Mart’s and Target…. No telepods at all…. WTF OVER????

otter
    @otter

Went looking through the TRU web site…. Found the new telepods Rebels for $29.00 for the set…. Due to ship on the 19th of October….. Hope that helps all you telepod users…..

otter
    @otter

Just got an email from TRU.. Shipment is delayed…. Bummer..

justpast40
    @justpast40

@otter, I got the same email yesterday & per-ordered months ago. I still haven’t seen them in ebay or Amazon, so I still believe there’s a distribution issue.

justpast40
    @justpast40

I’ve now gotten a 2nd email, also dated Saturday saying “We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.”

The email goes on to say ….

30-Day Policy

If the item(s) is not shipped by 11/07/2014 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

How did these “debut” at Comic Con if they’re not going to be made available?

steph
    @slh702

@justpast40 I also pre ordered the rebels telepods from TRU and expected them to be shipped on 10/1. I ordered them on 7/31. I have recieved NO emails from TRU but have calling every other day and have gotten no answers.I am pretty irritated, as they were supposed to be a bday gift for my son. I was told they were waiting on another shipment from Hasbro, so I asked why if I preordered mine, were they not shipped out with their first shipment from Hasbro, and they said, That’s a good question. I haven’t found ANYONE selling them, so I don’t think they ever actually got a shipment from Hasbro.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Steph, @slh702, 1st of all, welcome to ABN. There’s an awful lot of really nice people here from all over the world, so I hope you enjoy yourself.

Like you, I’m really ticked off (family site, so not the word I’m really wanting to use.) I don’t see how it’s not a distribution issue given the fact they’re not on Amazon or eBay. I would think if Hasbro released them that someone somewhere would be reselling. I’m actually even more ticked off that TRU is going to cancel my order if not shipped by 11/7. I ordered later than you, so is it possible yours has also been canceled?

When was your son’s bday? This order is actually for me, & I’m now wellpast50.

I’ll update here with any more news

Barsad
    @barsad

Telepods Rebels is not available on the TRU web site, so I don’t know what otter was looking at when he was on that site. What I don’t get is why Rovio isn’t giving out any information about this delay. Do they really expect people to 3-star levels without Telepods? Is it a ploy to see if they can suck more money out of loyal fans via in-app purchases? Hard to say, because they are completely silent in the matter. Also, why would AB Transformer Telepods be available now when the app just came out a few days ago, but AB Star Wars II is nowhere to be seen and the update has been out for a month?
    Puzzled and Frustrated

otter
    @otter

Actually there was a few of us that found them on the TRU website and pre odered them. They are no longer listed on the site, not sure when it was taken down but it was up there aprox. 10 days ago and from other posters it was up there as far back as July…..

steph
    @slh702

@justpast40 Thank you! My son’s birthday was September 29, but we took him to Disney and we didn’t get back until October 7th. I expected them to be waiting in the mailbox, and we were going to surprise him with one more present. I have been checking my order every other day, and it just says back ordered. TRU customer service is no help at all. I can not find the AB transfomers anywhere but EBAY and just won a lot that included all the new sets. I am so frustrated with TRU and Hasbro. My son keeps asking if he can buy the telepods with the app purchase, but I won’t let him.

Damore
    @damore

@otter Do you have the link to the Rebels set on TRU? I have been looking on their site for the last couple of weeks and have not been able to find them. Sometimes TRU likes to hide items from their search.

otter
    @otter

No link anymore….the item # is 19270926 which shows on my receipt and emails from TRU….. But even now that item is not searchable…… Sorry… Wish I had more to offer you…

otter
    @otter

Sorry… I just checked my first order and it listed item # as 43430996 also with no now link….

justpast40
    @justpast40

I just popped into the TRU site & these are once again available for pre-order with an estimated shipping date of 10/30 & it looks like some Telepods are even on sale. Maybe these things are really going to be released, we ‘ll have to hold our breath. Since my last post, I believe I’ve received just 1 other email, this past Saturday, indicating once again that my original pre-order is still on back order, but this one didn’t mention the …. if not shipped by November 7 will be canceled. It did however say that if not shipped within 30 days of order date it would be automatically cancelled, but obviously that hasn’t happened as it’s way past 30 days since the pre-order.

I took advantage of the pre-order today, just in case the other is cancelled because I really want these things.

I’m including all of you who’ve commented since @damore started this topic,

@burbman
    , @otter, Steph (@slh702), @barsad & hope I’m not missing anyone.

Damore
    @damore

@justpast40 Thank you for the heads up. I pre-ordered a set, and hopefully they will ship. To bad I didn’t need any other telepods since they had them BOGO 50% off.

justpast40
    @justpast40

You’re welcome @damore, pls post TRU email update(s) regarding shipping status, as will I

justpast40
    @justpast40

@damore, @burbman, @otter, Steph (@slh702) & @barsad I received TRU emails that these are actually shipping. Both the initial pre-order which was to have shipped 10/1 & the pre-order I placed just the other day (anticipating they would cancel 1st order if not shipped by 11/7) are shipping. Now my cup will runneth over with these things :-)

steph
    @slh702

@justpast40, THank you!! I just checked my order and mine has shipped too. Do you happen to know when the Angry Birds Transformers is going to be available on Android? They said the 30th, and it’s still not there. My poor kid has been counting down the days. I’m wondering if the games only release at a certain time, but not sure. Android never has any of the good games until later. Now he’s got all the AB transformers telepods and no game to play.

justpast40
    @justpast40

You’re most welcome Steph (@slh702), I’m sure your son will be surprised by his late birthday gift of Rebels Telepods.

I’ve not followed transformers & ABN posts Releases update info here: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/updates/. Even the Admins on this site have no inside info on these releases. I would think if today is the date Rovio announced as the Android date that they would announce any delay. I believe these things may roll out slowly in that the update appears in the Play Store at staggered times across the world’s various time zones. BirdLeader posted this yesterday here in the site: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/before-after-look-at-the-angry-birds-transformers-v1-1-18-ios-update/

GL & hope to see you around here on ABN

Damore
    @damore

I got my shipping notice this morning. :)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rebels Telepods?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.