Rankings.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Rankings.

• I’m a long time player on ABF. My ranking is 1195. I beat double and single digit players a lot. I personally think it’ll be more fair to lose fight points after losing matches which would give more realistic rankings and also give low ranked players a better chance at crowned rankings.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • deindiaan
    @deindiaan

For me it’s ok the way it is now, if you play a lot your ranking will increase. Must say it takes a lot of time to reach the top 500, but it’s possible. Best way to do this is play all the events and try to get high in the rankings. Losing boots wasn’t that much fun, so no need for me to also loose ranking points!

TomT
    @tomt

I’m not a vain person, so I don’t really care about the ranking. So what if I’m not in the top-5000? What do you get from being in the top 5000? Other than that crown, which does nothing other than taking up your screen space, what’s the point?

The ranking is not about how good you are, but rather, how much time you spend playing this game. Sometimes chance battles give you a little boost in the overall ranking, but it’s mostly about spending more of your time to play, or spending gems to get more energies to play.

I have beaten many players from top 5000, and I can say that my battle record is way better than most players in the top-5000 rank.

So, don’t pay attention to the ranking, it’s rather meaningless.

Anonymous

I’m kind of neutral about this. On one hand, it would make for an amazing ELO system, but on the other hand, it would throw away the “long time player” aspect, and replace it with a “most wins” thing, which does have it’s ups and downs.

Then again, ELO would be a great addition to Fight. O.o

TomT
    @tomt

@partshade

Well, I guess it depends on the purpose of the “ranking”. Is it to show who play the most or who win the most.

With the current system, the long-time players already have a head start. They already have more FP than new players. For new players to catch up to them, new players have to play more often than these long-time players.

Now that we get -boot when we lose, how about -fightpoints when we lose? This way, it gives new players, who are relatively skilled, a chance to climb up on the ranking.

I think this is a good idea. This way, long-time players still have a head start, but the new players can try and catch up by winning more.

Or just implement two systems. One shows who have been playing the longest, and the other shows who win the most. But to avoid 100% winning rate from fighting only 1 fight and win, players must be “ACTIVE” to be ranked. ie; players must fight at least 1 or 2 fights a day, otherwise we would see a lot of inactive newbies with 100% rate.

Wait, what’s the point of the ranking system again? Do we get special item or skill?

Anonymous

@tomt

Hmm. 2 different systems. That’s a pretty good idea. That way, people can still be proud of their mass amount of FPs and compete on that leaderboard, while others can focus more towards the W/L ratio/ELO board. Or they can try-hard and do both. xD

If this was added though, Rovio would have to do something about that “force close” trick, so people can’t constantly avoid losing.

Overall, Rovio should definitely consider the ideas in this thread. This would add a completely new aspect to the game, which Fight desperately needs. Either that, or the trade system. :P

BTW, I saw your comment on SamitoD’s video about Primeval. I had no idea you liked Champions too. :D

TomT
    @tomt

@partshade

Ya, it’s really annoying seeing people going offline just so they don’t lose boots.

I also hate those GG daily missions. I do want to give other players GG, but they keep going offline! and sometimes people don’t give me GG simply because I kick their a$$. (or maybe they are busy doing something else, but I think it’s mostly because they are sore losers.)

But unless being ranked top-5000 gets you something special, I really don’t see the point of trying to be ranked.

Anonymous

@tomt

Ugh. Same here man. I can’t stand those GG missions for the exact reasons you stated. They really just need to be removed. I mean, it’s great that Rovio is trying to encourage use of the GG button, but honestly, it horribly backfired. :/

IMO, that “something special” is competition. Many players love to compete against each other just to get that high spot on the leaderboard. I understand why you don’t care about the FPs, because I really don’t either, but obviously there are many people that do, and making the FPs more valuable, like so, would probably be a nice addition for them.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

still i love my golden crown :)

TomT
    @tomt

@deindiaan @partshade

I would love to see Rovio giving some kind of special skill or item to players ranked top 5000. and if you fall out of the rank, you lose the skill or item.

and they really need to do something about those crazy-powered-panel-appearance items.

MrIpkiss
    @mripkiss

I don’t think that it’s a good idea when you lose points if you lose a battle. Simply because the top players stop playing and just use diamonds to fight the tournaments.

Than it will be even harder to rank higher for the players that don’t spent money.

I’m ranking at number 223 at the moment and the hardest part is that I started playing when the game was already out for 4 months. I missed all those fightpoints and I need to rank at least 50 or better on every tournament to increase my ranking.
    That means playing 4 hours a day, every day….. even when I’m on vacation :)

And to all players who think that people cheat:
    Yes there are cheaters out there, but a 60 winning streak is possible.
    I reached that number myself and I usually have a winningstreak of 20 / 25.
    A defence of 2000 and higher is also not so hard.
    Just play a lot and you will get better and better.
    I sometimes match so fast that the game almost can’t keep up.

TomT
    @tomt

@mripkiss

They could have 2 different rankings. They could make one ranking for the oldest players, which solely depends on the total points you have.

Then they could have another ranking just for winning-losing. You win, you ascend, you lose, you descend. And top 5000 players get special skills.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Rankings.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.