Question About Weekly Monster Pigs & Special Ship Parts

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Question About Weekly Monster Pigs & Special Ship Parts

• I have special ship parts that were super duper strong at fighting the Kaiju Family Monster Pigs. The parts aren’t as good as my other ship parts, so I’m not using them anymore.

My question is will either [a] the Kaiju Family monster pigs come back in a few weeks or every once in awhile or [b] the same ship parts will be super duper strong against other monster pigs that may come up in a weekly tournament?

If the same monster pigs don’t come back and/or the same parts aren’t super special against other monster pigs in the future, then I’d want to sell off the parts as they’re not as good as my other ship parts & use them to enhance the better parts BUT if they’ll be useful in the future at some point in time, I want to hold onto them & will save coins up later to enhance the more powerful ship parts.

I’m new to the game so I don’t know if the same monster pigs come back eventually and/or the same ship parts are super special against other tournament special pigs. The parts say they’re special specifically against the Kaiju family – but I don’t know if this changes with other [special] monster pigs that may have tournaments later.

The parts are the:
    Shark Ship Bow [SS+ 3/4 Stars – 2526 Attack]
    Shark Ship Mast
    Shark Ship Hull [SS++ 3/5 Stars – 2356 Heart]

For example, I have a Black Soul Ship Hull [SS] that is at 2450 Heart, with only 2/3 stars. Since it’s higher than the Shark Ship and I can make it even higher, should I sell the Shark Ship Hull & enhance the Black Soul Ship Hull?

But against the Kaiju family, the shark ship stuff gave me over 10K in Defense so if they’re coming back or another set of monster pigs is impacted by the Shark Ship stuff – is it worth holding onto?

On the same note, the special stuff we won during the Kaiju Family Tounament [the Muscat Ship Parts] are these going to be super special vs something in the future [is that why we won those parts specifically]. Do they usually give away ship parts as prizes in a tournament that are helpful in future tournaments [against monster pigs]. Those parts aren’t as good as my other ship parts either, but if they have a great boost against something in the future – should I hold onto them?

Is there any reason to hold onto non SS ship parts? Like that I won on Sweets Island or Haunted Island? They don’t seem to be very good but I didn’t know if they were given out for a specific reason [if we already have better parts] or just as a way for people who don’t spend money on the slots to be able to earn / receive better & better parts?

Any info on saving vs selling off ship parts for special events would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Dezi

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

First, how lucky have you been to get all 3 part of the shark ship! (how many slot have you opened to win 6 times these SP items?)

TO answer your question, yes, they can introduce these monster in the future, in the past they did a new monster event and in the last 3-4 days they were adding a monster already encountered that is way harder. So if you have SP ship equipment, keep them, they might come handy one day.

The ship you win from the event won’t have special abilities against monster type, they do have enhance panel rate for the captain (in this case Stella).

For myself I try to keep most of my ship I win since every birds have their strength and can make a difference while fighting monster. Like Stella has much more shield so she can take 2 round on later monster, thing Chuck captain can’t do.

deziWright
    @dezi-wright

Cool,
    Thanks for the info . . .
    I played for like 2 days straight to get the shark ship parts.
    I’ll hold onto it for now.

:)

justpast40
    @justpast40

Delete dup

justpast40
    @justpast40

@dezi-wright how in the world did you get all 3 ship parts & some more than once? I’ve been playing since worldwide release & have had exactly 1 SP ship & I play on 2 devices, iPad & iPhone & purchase Gems to impove my birds.

Was this your 1st event? I’ve long since suspected the Slot isn’t as random as people think. I’ve suspected for many months that there’s something in the way Rovio has designed game’s coding that allows certain players to see the results you saw. Winning all 3 SP parts in the Slot is unheard of, seriously, I’ve never heard or seen it. How many times did you open the Slot? Was it the 20 Gem Premium or the 5 Gem single open? On what device did you play?

The SP parts only work against that family. This was the 1st family event. It’s always been 1 “new” Monster Pig & then somewhere between 3-6 days before the end a previous monster appears worth 200 at a minimum for the easiest #1 to beat. Kaiju as a single pig appeared once as an Event & I believe later at the end of another Event.

I would hold onto that Stella ship. If you ever get the Stella Special Mast (attack twice) it will work well with the Stella ship.

Eventually your Item Box will fill up & you will have to sell the lesser items. Now that there’s the Lab with seperate equipment, I’m running out of room. The increased panel appearance for the birds is an accessory but may not have the highest HP for that bird, so I also have another accessory I keep to switch to for higher HP during these events. For example, Red’s Rockstar glasses with 3* are 160 HP but the Silver Hallowween Pumpkin (award) is 172 so I switched to that during the Event. 12 doesn’t seem like much but with 6 birds could be a 72 HP difference & occassionaly I make it to another round of hits by 20 or 30 HP, so every little bit counts. Did you play the Scorpion event? The SS Golden Scorpion Tail with 3* is 421 attack but has no skill whereas the 3* Knight Spear with a skill of increased attack when matching Chuck is only 362 with goes much higher when I fight with Chuck. I use the Knight Spear for Chuck fights & switch to the Scorpion Tail for these Events. Maybe these switches aren’t what I’m supprosed to be doing, after all this is the 1st Event where I won a Ship; hopefully others will chime in.

BTW how did you do during the Event? What was your final rank?

deziWright
    @dezi-wright

I played the slot A LOT. I did the 20 gem one each time, must have spent close to $200 [i didn’t realize it at the time, it seemed like $12-18 here and there until I saw my credit card statement a few days ago]. I was mostly trying to get better stuff to fight the pigs in the lab but ended up with shark ship parts. I sell off the lesser stuff to make improvements on the stuff I have. I like the other ship parts I have more because normally they’re worth more Attack & ‘D’. [My mast is the Stella goes twice mast]. I usually beat the regular pig ships with 3 stars all the time [although I’m not good at the PVP or lab pigs] but when the Kaijuu monsters were there, the shark ship parts that had lesser value [even when upgraded] were like uber-duper extra credit. [I don’t know WTF they do to figure anything out, but my ship would have 1x,xxx+yyy [like over 10,000 plus whatever i earned in that puzzle]. But if the Shark ship isn’t special against the next set of monster pigs for the next monster pig thing [like if there’s a new ship you need to be special against the next set of monsters] then I want to sell off the ship to improve my other stuff.

I was pretty good against the monster pigs [especially since they didn’t have any sabotage that was really bad – that always just throws my whole game off] with the Shark Ship, but had issues because some of the fights never counted towards my score. The fight wouldn’t be in the log book, if it was the pig I needed for a new slot ticket – it wouldn’t be counted and I’d not get the slot ticket, and my score wouldn’t change. I thought something was weird with the scoring at first but then I started keeping track and confirmed some of the monster pig fights just weren’t counting. I sent Rovio some open support tickets b/c I was really upset that I’d spent all this money on the slot to get the shark ship and stuff and my some of the battles didn’t count. [Some were group battles and some were just my own monster pigs]. They sent me 3 monster slot tickets the first time I complained and then when I had screen shots of another fight that didn’t count they sent me like 5 gems – but never fixed my scores or position in the rank.

I don’t know exactly what my rank was because I got frustrated from the fights not counting but it was somewhere just over 5,000. [I started a little late into the tournament]. I finished in the second set of prizes, the 5,000 – ? [the one that got 2 pieces of another ship].

Now I am trying to win the lab to save the piggie in the lab [although I’m now not sure this is even possible – see my recent post about this] So I’m trying to improve my equipment to fight the pigs. I didn’t know if I should sell the shark ship parts or if the next monster tournament the Shark Ship would be special against whatever monster pigs were there. [Or maybe there’d be a new ship we needed against those monster pigs].

As for switching stuff, I usually switch between what I fight the pigs with and the PVP stuff unless whatever I have is the most powerful against PVP AND has a lab pig bonus.

Like my Stella has a Chinese Fan [SS+, 4/4 Stars] with 418 Attack but doesn’t do anything against the lab pigs. Stella also has a Pin Wheel [SS++ 5/5 Stars] that has a lesser attack, only 336 but gives me a 30% or 40% [i forget which] attack boost against Dr. Pig. So I use the pinwheel against Dr. Pig and switch to the Chinese Fan in PVP. I think that kind of switching is OK. There’s no need for any other Stella weapons. I do that with a few of the birds, just have 1-2 weapons/hats/accessories depending on if I need a second one for the lab pigs. I sell everything else to enhance them. Recently I’ve been having issues with some of the sabotage [mostly from the pigs because it lasts too long and the puzzle is so short] so I’m trying to find accessories that block sabotage from pigs. [The PVP sabotage blockers – unless they’re really powerful – hardly ever fight the bird they’re for and don’t make sense to trade down for the ‘hope’ it might be right. The PVP sabotage isn’t as long as the lab pig one either so it isn’t too bad.

So I basically sold off everything from all the gems I bought in the slots to enhance the top 1-2 weapons/hats/accessories and wanted to sell the Shark Ship parts to enhance the bird’s weapons. Like Red has a Monkey King Staff [SS++ 4/5 Stars] that is 446 Attack and has a boost against security pig. It costs 45,000 coins to enhance it to the 5th star [max] which would make it 478. Red also has a Double Decker Bus [SS++ 4/5 Stars] that has 188 Defense and the final enhancement for it is 36,000 coins to bring it to 204 Defense. So I’d need to sell off my Shark Ship parts to enhance his stuff. So if the Shark Ship parts aren’t special against other monster pigs – they’re not my best ship parts, I might as well sell them BUT if some new monster pigs come along next week and the Shark Ship is special against them [or if the Kaiju Family might come back in a few weeks] I’d save the Shark Ship.

Do you know when they had previous monster pig tournaments, was it a Shark Ship that was special against them or a different type of ship? [This was the first tournament I was really paying attention to, I think I remember the Scorpion Pig thing, but didn’t really understand the whole tournament thing so I don’t remember what kind of ship it was].

I don’t think it makes sense to hold onto a lot of lower ranked less powerful stuff unless it has a special skill [like for me anti-pig sabotage would be helpful, I literally just freeze when the lab pigs turn the screen b&w and it lasts almost the whole puzzle.]

I guess if I was better at the game it wouldn’t matter as much if I enhanced the weapons, but I’m not so great so trying to get as much of an edge as I can. [My Blues wears ice cream on his head for a 120 Defense Boost – Ha Ha LOL]

Sorry for the long post . . .

–Dezi

deziWright
    @dezi-wright

This Week’s Christmas Ship Parts:

I was supposed to have won the Santa Mast but never got it. It’s not in my gift box or my item box :(

No Santa Mast For Me :(

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

JESUS CHRIST I wish I could spend 200 bucks on this game too

and no it’s rather unlikely the kaiju family will return

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

Wow this is a non sense…. how can someone win all 3 ship parts 2 event in a row…

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

@dezi-wright how many gems out of curiosity have you used since this event started to: win all 3 ship parts, and have already 7k points.

I’ve been in top 500 players for 4 events in a row, most of the time in top 200. And I have just around 3500 atm and haven’t lost 1 ship energy yesterday between 9am and midnight.

So I assume you had to burn like 10 gems at least to get to that 7k. + the gems for the ship part.

Netto JM
    @netto-jm

@troisdsmax Wow, so you get more defense depending on your captain choice? I didn’t know that, so if you use Stella, your ship get more defense? because I can change the captain and the your boat’s defense stat that you can see outside of battle didn’t change, but it make difference when battling? The game never informed it to us.

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

Yes Netto, the captain give a difference like in island battle. Well that’s what I’ve been seeing.

I normally use Chuck has my captain because I have 2X mast+ for him with the royal ship.

My “normal” defence with him is around 2-3k.

For Red with the rock ship, my normal defence is also around 3-4k

I did a test with Stella during last event and for a run of Stella captain 150 (normal run to me) the boat defence was near 6k.

I’ll test out soon with Stella and the christmas mast just to be sure of my saying.

Netto JM
    @netto-jm

@troisdsmax, And inform us here all the results of your researches please ;)

justpast40
    @justpast40

@netto-jm, @troisdsmax & I briefly discussed this last Event when s/he (sorry troisdmax I don’t know if you’re a mom or a dad, I’m a mom) helped me with figuring out whether to use my 2x Stella or the SP Mast & some like Stella have higher defense, but this is what I’ve observed…

In these Events, the Moster Pigs, I’ll call big & small, hit for a specific amount regardless of how well we do on our Boards & it’s always a predictable amount. With the big ones, their HP increase by 400 & their hits increase by 100. I’m only up to 21 on iPad, as I wrote in another post, I don’t come across many.

Rare #20 had 11600 HP & hit for 2400
    Rare #21 had 12000 HP & hit for 2500
    …. and so on

When troisdmax & I discussed this during Kaiju Family I ended up using a combo of either 2x Stella or the SP. If I knew I couldn’t get to another round with Stella, I used the SP Mast I’d won to triple my Defense. If the Kaiju hit for 8500 my HP with 4* Kurofune & birds was under 5400, so I used the SP Mast switching to Captains Bomb to match Kurofune because it guaranteed I’d get to round 2 as long as I got 1050 or so on my Board & the additional 2nd round was worth more than the Stella 2nd hit I didn’t get. I hope that makes sense.

Where I think the increased Captain Defense makes a difference is in the Island’s Boss Encouters & 3* Challenges.

I would think any 2x mast matching Ship’s increased appearance is the way to go. The Kaiju was the only time I finished in Top 500 (actually 397 so I was proud & not 1 gem for ship energy) so the Ship goes nicely with my mast although best would be what troisdmax has with 2x Chuck & ship.

deziWright
    @dezi-wright

I had to play the 20 gem slot about 6 times to get all the ship parts for this one. [120 gems] and I’ve spent lots of gems [lost count, $100 + $40 gift cards for google play worth] avoid the wait times & keep playing. I only have 3 gems left.

I’m very disappointed though that some of the fights do not count. I’m not getting points or coins for the fights and Rovio keeps insisting that the fights ‘just aren’t being logged’. Except they’re not paying the reward coins or giving me points either.

Note:
    I don’t have money to spend on games, but my mom asked family & close friends to send me google play gift cards for the holidays since I’ve been online a lot and can’t go out much due to health issues.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@dezi-wright you are getting very very very lucky to get those 3 Ship parts. I think I opened it 4 times during the last Event & got 1 SP, the Mast.

I’ll be 57 tomorrow so I’m better able to afford to buy some Gems & I don’t mind supporting Rovio with an occasional purchase since they need to make money to keep updating these games for us, but what I don’t like is the wall you’re running into with them not accepting responsibility when the game is flawed with points not being awarded. I’ve just had 1 big & 1 small fail to award points & that’s just on my iPad. Every now & then these points may appear later (days later sometimes) but more often than not they are lost in cyberspace.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Question About Weekly Monster Pigs & Special Ship Parts

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.