Question about incoming clan traffic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Question about incoming clan traffic

• I am the leader of a newish clan and we had a pretty swift flow of incoming traffic at the beginning.  While building, we have been accepting most FPs 200+ and just looking for people who would be active ( in clan info we posted that we are looking for active players who will participate in all events).   After a couple of weeks of several people doing nothing (we decided they were just satisfying the feat  “join a clan”)  we did a significant pruning of the inactives.

Now, it has been a dead zone…almost 2 wks with no incoming.  I have been a member of 3 other clans (co-leader of 1 of them) and know there were some periods of time with no incoming, but I have never seen a 2 week drought anywhere.

Has anyone seen this or know if there is anything I can do to be back in the “rotation”of being seen by players looking for clans?  Is there some type of system used where clans get scrambled up and ordered periodically to be shown to potential players?  The leader of my last clan said that there is some type of “rotation” but didn’t elaborate.  Cannot find anything on Rovio support.

We have won 5/5 clan battles since we started the clan.  I have wondered whether that is a good or a bad thing for positioning (perhaps if you lose as in football you move up in draft?), but have no idea if that or clan power or other stat plays a role in clan being seen.

Thanks in advance,

jj

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • bill
    @bill-l

I don’t think it is a matter of being seen!

I think people ‘shop’ for a clan. And what is in the info up front determines if a player even wants to join. Putting a minimum FP there to me is tantamount to being a turn off for joining.

I don’t limit the FP of new members, can’t see a reason to have to, and even new AB2 users deserve a chance. Granted, a lot of them join for the gem feat. So what!

I also kick out members that join and don’t participate in the clan battles. I don’t care if they do those daily city/goo/bamboo POC’s. But clan battles are a must for me to keep them as members.

Another thing is  clan total FP dertermines who the opposing clan are. So I don’t mind having a 3/4 full clan as long as they do the battles.

I know this hasn’t answered your question(s), sorry, but wanted to get some thoughts in.

what pisses me off are the ‘floaters’ from other clans that come in, post a message a about joining another clan and move on to another ‘low FP’ clan and do it there too.  A lot of those if you click on their avatar shows a different clan than the one they ask my members to join. IMO,ROVIO NEEDS TO PUT A STOP TO THAT.

BTW, my clan has won the last 10 battles, even with a short roster. I have about 30 or so good steady clan battlers, and that is alright. Noobies wanting gems are welcome, as long as they know they won’t last if they forgo the battles.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

That is actually very helpful, Bill!   I know what you mean about the floating recruiters.  In one of the prev clans I was in, there was a persistent player who came in every 3 days or so and also said derogatory things about the clan leader.  I think there should be a permanent ban option for such players, if not by Rovio then at least by clan leaders.  Most of us muted that guy, but it was still disruptive and imo abusive.

Another use for the ban feature would be those people who swoop in last minute to join a clan at end of an event to post 1 point and collect rewards (another type of “scavenger” floater).

I have removed the fp minimum from the clan info a few days back, but maybe need to put something more eye-catching.

If anyone else knows any other things I can do to start the traffic inflow again (other than fbook, which I am not on), please share thoughts.

F E D E R
    @andyh

Hi, another suggestion: how about a merger of our clans? Ours is also relatively new but we’ve already 26 members, even some strong with 800+FP so our success would be sure.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

Hi Federviecher,  I can certainly present this option to our clan.   How would this work, though?  All of us would need to join up with you, right?   If so, can you tell me a bit about how you operate, your requirements, etc., so I can present the information?

We also have at least 6 of us who are higher fps, and hard core players.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

To anyone else who suggests a merger….I polled and my clan isn’t interested, thanks.   Please stay on topic.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Question about incoming clan traffic

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.