Prize error

• I came in first place in the Heatwave challenge that just ended. However, I was only awarded 100 points when it should have been 1000. No fun to play the game if you don’t win the correct prize.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What time did you start playing at? (i.e. how much time was remaining in the current competition day when you started out?)

For the past several competitions Rovio has implemented a cut-off time to be able to earn full rewards from the competition. This is to prevent people who jump in right at the end and luck into the full 1,000 tokens after only playing a short while, rather than playing sustained throughout the 24 hour period.

I forget the exact timing, but I think it’s something like 2 hours prior to the end of each competition day, or thereabouts.

If you miss that cut-off, then your competition rewards are reduced to 10% of normal.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

The other issue that has been around for several competitions and may not have been fixed is if you were in the competition when it ended, it kicks you to 20th place.

dmsral
    @dmsral

That happened to me once when had been playing almost the whole 24 hours. I think what tripped it up was that I tried to get one last play in before time ran out and I finished right before, on or just after the contest ended. I now don’t play if it lands me within two minutes of the end time.

Fusion1
    @fusion1

That’s what happened. I played one last game about 3 minutes before the end time. Lesson learned!

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

*THIS* was the result of me not getting Shockwave during his “encore”- so now I’ll be 1 Transformers short of completing the entire roster unless Rovio fixes this bug, which they said they would but obviously something didn’t go right :?

(Tip: During the last 10-20 minutes of an event, don’t be on the app if you are in a high spot, or the game will compare your score with everyone else’s and send you down- if your are sort of in the middle, then nobody even does anything in that timeframe so you are good-to-go for the remainder of the challenge)

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’ve never had any issues just being in the game at the end (knock on wood). I just make sure I’m not in the comp at the end.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My experience is like @millforce2k’s.

BP
    @bpmann

I still believe that a final listing of the scores would be beneficial. On one of the days, I was in 3rd place as the time was under 30 seconds, then I got out of the challenge section. When I opened the award, it said I finished in 5th place. 200 tokens gone. Over the course of a challenge, these tokens can add up. Just my opinion. Also, anyone else had an “amazing player” at the top of their leader board, almost causing you to settle for 2nd or 3rd place?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.