Pig City and The Translucent Ribbon of Doom

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Pig City and The Translucent Ribbon of Doom

• Occasionally I’ll be on a run in Pig City and suddenly die. Generally the road I’m running along will look at that point like a shimmering force field. If I heal up and rerun the node the same thing usually happens. If I pay a gem to change the TF the same thing usually does not happen.

I occasionally also see that force field look and survive.

Can anybody perhaps explain? :)

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • mars805
    @mars805

is there a red circular target that needs to get hit first to keep the force field solid?

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I always thought the red circular targets with the white fingers tapping them were just ways to pick up Energons. Are you saying they have a second use?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yep they sure do, they extend the road so you don’t drop off and die

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Thanks!

So hitting the red targets isn’t just a good idea — it’s a Very Good Idea. Right?

Geli
    @geli

@franciscrawford – Beyond a Very Goood Idea. It is the only way to not fall off The Translucent Ribbon of Doom and keep alive.

Not sure what Rovio calls it, but it is a good despcipion.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

yes, you have to hit them and except energon that gives you, a force-field-extention-road comes by and this is the only way to continue..!

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Not even flying Transformers like Starscream, Thundercracker, and Windblade can cross that gap- it’s either the switch or instant death

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

Death or glory i had the same thing in the beginning. Don’t forget the blue targets either they give you a little bit of life back if i’m correct.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I also sometimes lose my buddy in Pig City, long before the Teletrans flies overhead.

Perhaps that’s also related to the Translucent Ribbon of Doom — e.g. summoned when it lands on the ribbon, and hitting the red button in the process of being summoned, or some variant of that …

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@franciscrawford

If you don’t activate the force bridge quickly enough, your buddy will fall through the gap to their doom.

And if you time it poorly, it’s also possible to summon your buddy into the gap, which also kills them.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Franciscrawford if you call your buddy before activating the light bridge he dies and cant be summoned for the rest of the node

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

Really?So if your buddy dies the switch became grey?

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@harharhar No, the switch turns grey if you hit it.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

@kogurazulStill not really sure what you were saying.Do you have a screenshot

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@harharhar Sorry for the long reply, my internet derped a little when uploading the images.

What I mean is when you hit the switch, it’ll give you an Energon cube for your Energonicon (the small bot floating beside your Transformer) and a bridge (the blue one) is activated. *I hope it shows in the screenshots*

View post on imgur.com

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

@kogurazul I know what u were talking,but now the thing I am asking is:if your buddy dies,but you were not dead,Your buddy will die,so when you press the switch of the buddy,what will happen

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@harharhar Whoops, my bad! I thought you’re talking about the switch instead of the ‘summon buddy’ icon :P

Sorry to say I’ve no clue what will happen though and I tried to ‘kill’ my buddy to see what will happen but failed. I hope someone who experienced that before can answer it for you.

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@harharhar Nevermind, I managed to ‘kill’ my buddy after attempting many times. (This screenshot was taken after my buddy ‘died’)

Apparently, when your buddy plunges to his/her death, the ‘summon buddy’ icon disappears, meaning that you can’t summon your buddy again. Hopefully I managed to answer your question right this time :3

View post on imgur.com

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Pig City and The Translucent Ribbon of Doom

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.