Per-turn Damage Output Charts

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Per-turn Damage Output Charts

• I made these charts to help me decide which class to use based on their damage output. This does not consider important support skills like healing or buffs, so you must consider that for each battle. These numbers are per-turn damage output percentages. Each bird has different base attack, so for example Red doing a 100% damage attack will do less damage than Blues doing a 100% damage attack. For degen classes, these charts only track their per-turn damage and does not consider the following two turns’ worth of degen.

Red:
    Epic: Red Damage
    Although Avenger is capable of dealing the highest single-hit damage, Red needs to be under 37.5% health to do the most damage. Stone Guard will do the next highest damage provided you have a source of statuses. Samurai does the highest unconditional damage with three chances to trigger weapon bonuses, meaning that the Dragon Breath and Grand Slam sets have three chances per attack to roll weapon bonuses. However, Samurai will miss Ironclad pigs without Bomb’s damage buff or Skulkers’ armor breaker. Paladin will do the highest single-hit damage and works great with the Protector’s Aura set. Ronin/Knight and Guardian are rarely worth using.

Chuck:
    Epic: Chuck Damage
    If you got the Archmage upgrade, it outdamages Wizard with 4 or more foes; however, once you start chipping foes away, Wizard shines on 3 or less foes. Otherwise, there’s no reason to use another class than Wizard, especially when given the Twin Lightning set. Mage, Rainbird, and Thunderbird work well with multiple teams, except Lightning Bird which requires specific teams to work effectively.

Matilda:
    Epic: Matilda Damage
    Druid is great for its damage & healing and is generally the best choice in all game modes especially with the Sweet set; however, it will miss Ironclad and Immune pigs. Bard does the most damage, which is amplified further with the Nightmare set, but has arguably Matilda’s worst heal. Princess does respectable damage and healing, but needs support from other birds to adapt to setting aggro; I would only use it in Chronicle Caves with Red, or in arena when it’s the daily objective. Cleric/Moon Priestess does low damage, but its support is great against foes with AoE, and pairs well with Thunderbird to smash AoE foes. Priest is difficult to use and I would strongly advise against using it, but pairs well with Marksmen if you must use Priest.

Bomb:
    Epic: Bomb Damage
    Contrary to popular belief, Berserker will do more damage in the long run than Sea Dog. Both have inconsistent damage, but if you have the “No Rage Chili” daily objective, there’s no reason to not pick Berserker. Sea Dog will need heal support from Matilda to maintain its high damage. If you got the Corsair upgrade, it’s generally the best class to use for consistent high damage; otherwise, Pirate is still a solid class to use due to its damage buff. Cannoneer and Capt’n have low damage, and you should only use them if you need the support skill. Use Cannoneer with Marksmen to spike single targets. Use Capt’n if you need its damage buff.

Blues:
    Epic: Blues Damage
    Like Wizard, if you need pure damage, there’s no reason to not use Spies. However, Blues have great support in all their classes, so you must consider the upcoming battle when selecting a class. Rogues does very high per-turn damage, but will miss Ironclad and Immune foes. Skulkers actually does more damage than Tricksters after a turn to set up armor breaker, and comes with a great support skill. Tricksters is great as a “hazer” (Pokemon term) in PvE, but you have better options in PvP. Marksmen requires a very specific team to function properly, which is limited to Samurai, Stone Guard, Lightning Bird, Priest, and Cannoneer.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
  • t_russell
    @tigerussell

Is sea dogs percent health line backwards?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@tigerussell I think it’s correct. As his health increases, so does his attack power. (I initially thought the same as you, but notice that it’s by %health, not %damage.)

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@amslimfordy as I look at again you are right. % health not damage. Nice work @whiteasice as I did not mention it before.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I tried to keep the percent lines universal. It should be reversed from Avenger’s line. It just made more sense to me that full health means 100%, not zero.

mich
    @m-ich

Great work. I would start the #targets graphs on 1 instead of 0 though, because 0 targets makes no sense. That way, you could look at the graphs’ intersection points with the damage% axis to determine damage against single opponents (like bosses) at one glance.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@whiteasice Good job ! But I don’t understand the Spies’ chart… What does mean 50% damage with on target ? BTW, I bet $1,000,000,000 that you used the Desmos grapher ! I use it too !

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@m-ich I started the X-axis at zero in order to show the Y-axis numerical values. I just realized now that I can start the X-axis ahead of zero and the Y-axis numbers will still show up though.

@zackvoyager
    That’s the zero placeholder. You need to move to X=1 to see the damage value. Same with Chuck.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Bomb does not need Matilda. Bomb needs RPS for self-heal, occasionally topped off with Blues’ Spies.

Baconizer
    @korath88

Just take note that the maximum amount of enemies at one time is capped at 8.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think the maximum number of starting enemies is 7, but it can potentially grow to 8 if you are fighting ghosts on auto play.

The Sea Dog does more damage than any other class because he can attack 1-3 times each round in the arena. The Berserker can only attack twice at most. I can think of a way to make the Sea Dog attack 4 times in one round in the arena. I can’t think of a way to make the Berseker attack more than twice in one round. If you aren’t using the Sea Dog’s Gang Up almost every round, then you aren’t using him effectively. I average slightly more than 2 attacks per round when I use the Sea Dog. I’ll probably average 1.3 attacks per round with the Berserker so overall damage is higher with the Sea Dog.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@killerkea or if you are fighting summoners.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@graugeist I find that Vampiric doesn’t keep Bomb topped off enough for Sea Dog to be worth it, especially in arena where foes can spike you down in one round.

@korath88
    I’ve had 9 pigs in play at once in the Chronicle Caves that adds a pig every 2 rounds. And again, these charts don’t consider support skills or buffs. The charts are only for total damage output of an attack in one round. I can’t get Bomb to attack multiple times in the arena since I rarely have a full team because 900+ power teams gank me.

Baconizer
    @korath88

I can agree with most of the original post, but for Bomb, I tend to use Capt’n most often due to his ability to consistently dispell, and because my strategy usually involves landing brutal whipped up chili attacks. And occasionally cannoneer for the damage reduction and triple attack. I haven’t yet found a need for pure damage as of now.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Finally, there is a guide for classes. I’ve waited it for so long that I would have never bet that a kind person like @whiteasice would do it ! However, It’s good for me to hear someone say that Samurai or Druid, or Tricksters aren’t as useless as much Nesters say and have said… For the Priest, I usually pair it with Spies or Rainbird, because their buffs add and multiply each other, leading to an atomic heal. I’ve always used Samurai since I’ve only had Paladin recently. It’s for me the best class, ex æquo with Tricksters. How much times my explosive trio Samurai/Paladin/Tricksters have helped me in the most difficult bosses…

Baconizer
    @korath88

@zackvoyager When has anyone said that Samurai was a useless class? I think it’s largely agreed on that Samurai is great against enemies that deal damage to all targets, and Druid is considered to be Matilda’s best class for healing. Also, none of the blues’ classes are useless as each is unique, such as tricksters being able to cleanse and dispell both birds and pigs respectively.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@korath88 The fact is that Paladin is often used rather than Samurai, the Bard rather than Druid, and the Skulkers rather than Tricksters.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@zackvoyager Where in the world did you get that info? Samurai is always preferred for damage over Paladin. You would only use Paladin when you need its healing or cover ability. Bard is only used if Matilda needs KOs in arena because it has Matilda’s worst heal. Tricksters have disenchants, vital if you need dispels/cleanses.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@whiteasice I was talking about how it was before the Arena, for example, in earlier caves or in the main game. I remember I started a topic months ago which was called “Smurai vs Paladin”. Here, almost all were convinced that Paladin is generally, excepted in some cases, better than Samurai.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

I can’t even judge which class is the best for Red. I usually use Samurai as it’s attacks and protects are really active. But I always use Paladin for bosses.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@zackvoyager I am happy to back you up here. I remember that thread and I believe the consensus was that Paladin was a better class to use in general play than Samurai. Of course there are cases where Samurai is clearly better. This is not related to the damage done, but rather the overall usefulness of Paladin.

There will likely be some disagreement over which is the better class in the arena. I personally go with Paladin every time. And I arm Paladin with Protector’s Aura rather than Dragon Breath – unlike most. My choice has a lot to do with the way I play in the arena. However, I come across approx equal nos. of Samurai and Paladin classes on opponent teams. So there are obviously differing opinions in the arena.

Regarding Bard vs Druid. I use Bard outside of the arena (in the caves), but use Druid pretty much exclusively in the arena (I favour poisons for knocking out opponents).

burbman
    @burbman

@kerravon @zackvoyager – I think the biggest difference between arena and general play is that the loss of a bird in arena is not permanent, whereas in general play, the loss of a bird significantly limits you ability to get three stars, and even win the battle. This is why Paladin’s strong damage plus healing was so in demand. Now in arena, where a knocked out bird regenerates to 100% in three turns, the max damage afforded by Samurai is the way to go.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@burbman As I said, the choice between Samurai and Paladin depends on your style of play in the arena. Those going for maximum damage may select Samurai. However, I play a defensive game and include healing, so Paladin works best for me. I also arm Paladin with Protector’s Aura to get the extra 10% reduction in damage (in addition to the 20% from the Blessed set). Most of the time I am able to keep all of my birds alive (Paladin, Druid, Rogues) for the whole of the battle. The weakest is Druid and she is targeted most often. My level 19 arena team has an arena value of 308 and I happily take on teams with values of 330-350 (sometimes higher, depending on the birds).

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Paladin (and Avenger to a lesser extent) uses the Protector’s Aura set well because of crits affecting its attack strongly. A critical hit means that Red will not only do a very large hit (on par with Samurai and Dragon Breath), but also heal for 50% more HP.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

This thread makes me a bit curious about how the damage per turn of all the weapon sets would compare to each other, taking into account the critical and chain damage.

DevaBol
    @devabol

How do I get Corsair, Ronin etc ?
    Nice guide though, really useful; the only thing I don’t get is what the % is based on (I suppose it is the atk stat shown above health)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Per-turn Damage Output Charts

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.