No More Solo Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No More Solo Arena?

• With the latest update, the only option I seem to have is to do one-on-one battles, which I really don’t like. Is the “old” arena gone?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • magsy79
    @magsy79

Yep and it appears they discarded the old system of leagues. I’ve moved from azure to vanilla and movement is not based on bird level but on performance. Me no likey :(

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

:( We’ll have to wait for more details on this update. My birds are still level 2 and 3, but it’s not clear on how you improve them.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Yeah, this change seems quite odd considering they _just_ fixed arena scoring and the whole game is really not that old.

But I would guess this will bring more folks back to the arena (and more often) because you have to battle (and win) to get stars. So, no more playing the arena once and just making sure you don’t get last place, collect your 60 feathers and move on.

Don’t know if that will be an enhancement to gameplay in the long term or just feel like another money grab (to make people buy gems) after a while…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Power Pork
    @abginebird

This is the one and only reason for me to not update!

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Yes @sutekh137 exactly. They fixed the cumulative score thing and now they’ve gone back to it with stars. The arena is now a two-day tournament too.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sutekh137 — As far as I can see, you don’t get any feathers in the arena, only a few gems. How are you supposed to upgrade your birds now? The treasure chests on the map are still only 20 feathers.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

Yeah, I haven’t figured out the arena. When I play, on the first room I get, like, 300000 points and my opponents gets 900000 points. Maybe they cleared the first two rooms quickly? All I know is that when I lost I lose by that first gap in scoring, even when I completely obliterate the first room (i.e. perfect score…).

It’s not a lot of fun, but I never played the Arena for much fun anyway.

As far as feathers go, I’m worried they changed the distribution of red gifts… In all the times I played level 9 (used to give a lot of gifts, comparatively) since the update, I have not seen a single red gift box. :\

Lots of changes, but not much real…change.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Yeah, I really feel like Rovio missed something with this update. I have managed to upgrade a couple of my birds, but I haven’t hit level 150 yet, so the treasure chests still have decent loot. If we only get gems from the tournament, which is now a week long, how are we supposed to improve our birds?

Anonymous

Well I think I’m done with the arena. Not because of the new system but really because that 95% of my opponents use all 5 spells (Even Blizzard :P). I just can’t compete with that! I don’t know maybe after a while all the spells will be used up so I finally have a chance.

@mvnla2
    You can still get feathers in the arena. I don’t know how often it happens but once in a while a small exclamation point appears on one of the birds cards. When you open that there will be a tiny button is the bottom right corner of the screen that says “claim reward”. It’s a rather small amount of feathers but its something.

@sutekh137
    I did some grinding on 9 today. I’m getting just as many red gifts as before. Blue I’m seeing a drop in though. O.O

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@partshade

Red gifts are all I am after (no Facebook, no friends), so I will have to keep my eye out! Still zero gifts for me on about 20-25 trips through level 9…

The Arena still really confuses me, especially when after firing one bird my opponent has a score of 1,000,000 and I have a score of 300,000 — even though I obliterated ever single block and pig with my first fling. Not sure I understand the timing of the scoring, etc. And yea, if other folks are going to blow through spells, not much competition there. Makes it more “pay to play”, too…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

You aren’t playing directly against an opponent. You’re playing against someone else’s play through, so the game “guesses” on your progress. It doesn’t know how many rooms you’re going to clear, but it wants to make it look like you’re playing someone else, so it splits up their total score and shows the points accumulating as you clear each room.

@partshade, you can opt out of a battle by closing the app. When you get the screen that shows your opponent, switch to another app and close AB2 if your opponent is too strong. When you open AB2 again, you’ll still have the option to play the arena.

You do get feathers, but the rewards are very small and you have no control over which bird gets the feathers.

Hey there!
    This is not the case. The opponent score is recorded after each throw. However the amount of cards can differ from yours so the enemy might throw more than one card to make the end more intense. This feels like a better solution than letting the enemy have more cards in the end. Me as a player felt very helpless then, campare to how it currently works. But leave feedback how you would solve the case. I can bring it up for consideration :-)

Clovos

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — Thanks for the info, but I still don’t understand how the opponent’s scoring works. Hope you also take a look at the thread on cheaters.
    Some questions:
    * Is your opponent playing the same sequence of rooms as you are?
    * When you finish the first room with a score of 300,000 say, and your opponent has more than 1,000,000, does that mean that your opponent got 1,000,000+ points on the first room? Frequently I don’t think it is possible to get 1M+ on the first room I play, yet my opponent is at 1M+
    * What multipliers are used on the score? We have concluded that the score depends on your birds’ levels. Does it also depend on your star level? Do you get extra points for using a spell?
    * Does choosing a spell give you extra cards, at least in the arena?

Hey again!
    Regarding the room sequence I’m not 100% sure. I will get back to you on this one when I’ve asked the programmer who made it. After my holiday that is! :-)

So the score that the opponent have after throwing their card is the score they had before throwing their next card. However, like I’ve explained in other threads, the opponent can throw more than one card in the beginning to even out the card amount to the end. This can make the score look higher campare to yours but usually is possible to change during the match based on your performance. This is better than letting the enemy throw their last cards when you run out (if they have more than you). Thats what I believe after a lot of feedback when we tried it in-house at the office :-)
    This problem is only there because we wanted players to fight real player.
    I think its worth it. I like the feeling of fighting real peoples score.

I’m not 100% on the score multipier. But I think it’s the card/bird level * the score gained from the destruction made by the bird/card. So if they throw their highest level bird in thr beginning they might gained more score than you in their first throw if your bird is lower level.

Yes using spells give you the spells as extra cards. It does not affect your starter hand amount negatively.

Hope this answer your questions :-)

Clovos

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Please post additional comments to Rovio here:

New Arena: problems and suggestions for fixing

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No More Solo Arena?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.